PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Things coming along for us after Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just trying to fill you in with the latest.

First off, don't feel bad for me. What I'm going through is nothing compared to others. 19 inches of water in the house is a blessing when others less than a mile away got 6-7 feet.

Everyone in the neighborhood is now back and the yards are quickly filling with carpet, matresses and everything else. We finished getting everything wet out and tomorrow we need to start listing everything. We've also had very nice 75-80 degree weather with a good breaze so the labor is much easier and things are drying much faster. Lots of work ahead but the worst part is over.

You know, you have to have a sense of humor through all of it. It hurts to throw some things out obviously but there's so much stuff that you think "Finally I can get rid of that!"

Things are looking better by the fact that my brother-in-law's dad is a contractor and he says he can get started as soon as the insurance approves it. Certainly that will still take some time but we don't have the fear anymore of waiting months and months just for an estimate or getting someone that does poor work.

Entergy is doing a fantastic job getting the power back on. Bridge City is supposed to be fully up within the week and many people I know had power as early as last night.

People from all over have come down to hand out water, hot meals, ice, anything they can do. If anyone here has a friend or relative that is doing just that, please let them know how much we appreciate it. We can't thank them enough.

Take care guys.

Thanks for the update. It's good that you have a family member help out with the work, as I'm sure that will at least make things a little easier. I'm sure you still have a long road ahead, but it sounds like things are at least off to a good start.

In the meantime keep us posted, and hope things continue to go well! - Ian

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know how you're doing CPG! Sending good thoughts etc to all those affected, hopefully you'll have the basics back soon.

Great to hear your positive attitude, good luck during the recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back