PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Theo rejoins Sox in full capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh

Bill's Girl said:
The Sox will not say what his official function would be with the team. According to them, they will announce it next week sometime. AZ was merely speculating......:D

I know that haven't "announced" it yet. But i think everyone knows it will be either:

-special assistant to John Henry

or

-VP of baseball operations

Pretty much the same duties---the real question is what kind of contract will he get? Will he sign the big multiyear deal or will he sign the one year deal to leave him free to go elsewhere next year if the opportunity arrises...I hope John Henry gets his head out of Lucky's butt and gives theo what he wants before the portland sea dogs are starting at fenway on opening day!

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
The Sox will not say what his official function would be with the team. According to them, they will announce it next week sometime. AZ was merely speculating......:D

I'd just like to go on record as saying I don't care.

Now what channel is "Days of our Lives" on? :rolleyes: :bricks:

Bill's Girl said:

Let me guess...they are gonna hold a press confrence for it? what a load of crap....they cant stay out of the media for a second.....THEY ARE EXACTLY LIKE T.O. Their act is really old...and people are slowly getting tired of it

If the Pats worked like the Sox:

This just in ,after taking a night off from the New England Patriots Bill Belichick has returned to the facilities down in Foxboro. A press conference detailing what he did during that night and just what his responsibilities will be next year will be held on Opening Day of the baseball season. Leaks from the CEO not withstanding.

PatsRI said:
If the Pats worked like the Sox:

This just in ,after taking a night off from the New England Patriots Bill Belichick has returned to the facilities down in Foxboro. A press conference detailing what he did during that night and just what his responsibilities will be next year will be held on Opening Day of the baseball season. Leaks from the CEO not withstanding.

Pats are about to hold a press confrence to explain the reasons why they let former DC, and current NYJ HC Eric Mangini leave. It will be held a 1:00 Pm.. Right before Terry Francona has his dailey interview with Dale & Holly from WEEI

Who gives a crap. They are a soap opera just like T-Shirt always said.

Boston Red Sox= Terrell Owens of sports organazation

ENFORCER said:

I wouldn't go that far....;)

no

ENFORCER said:

Negative Ghostrider!!! They def do more media---but you don't see lucky doing sit-ups in his driveway.

mtbykr said:
Negative Ghostrider!!! They def do more media---but you don't see lucky doing sit-ups in his driveway.

HA!! I call him Lucky too.......I need to stop watching so many mob movies!

what about poison larry?

mtbykr said:
I know that haven't "announced" it yet. But i think everyone knows it will be either:
-special assistant to John Henry
or
-VP of baseball operations

Pretty much the same duties---the real question is what kind of contract will he get? Will he sign the big multiyear deal or will he sign the one year deal to leave him free to go elsewhere next year if the opportunity arrises...I hope John Henry gets his head out of Lucky's butt and gives theo what he wants before the portland sea dogs are starting at fenway on opening day!

the other question is, how will theo interact with lucchino? i have thought for some time that that nasty larry and theo had a shout-out one day and theo said, "screw this. $600K is chump change in major league sports, but it's a lot of money. lemme go to a beach hotel somewhere and detoxify myself for a while."
george steinbrenner was right. lucchino is one of the most poisonous people in sports. as long as he's in the barrel, the other apples will peel.

thanks for the memory

NEM said:
No, that's Red Foxx. ;)
beautiful. foxx is the perfect candidate. IMO there's a player who is unpredictable and isn't afraid to get dirty.

ilduce06410 said:
the other question is, how will theo interact with lucchino? i have thought for some time that that nasty larry and theo had a shout-out one day and theo said, "screw this. $600K is chump change in major league sports, but it's a lot of money. lemme go to a beach hotel somewhere and detoxify myself for a while."
george steinbrenner was right. lucchino is one of the most poisonous people in sports. as long as he's in the barrel, the other apples will peel.

The Boston Red Sox, a storied franchise, with deep pockets, have an opening for a GM and almost no one wanted the job......Because, like Theo, no self respecting GM running day-to-day operations is going to ask a camera-hogging, egomaniac like Larry Lucchino if its OK to make a trade or promote minor leaguers who have proven that they are ready. As much as I can't stand Stienbrenner, he is probably right to call Lucchino a poison to a baseball organization. And further proof that he wants to control all baseball operations is the hiring of a couple of Theo's not-quite-ready understudies who will do exactly as Larry wants because they are lucky to have the job. But John Henry is probably seeing this a little more clearly now that Larry Wormtounge has quickly appointed these unproven glorified secretaries to co-GM status. And, has told Wormtounge that he is going to put Theo as VP of baseball operations, answering only to John Henry himself. Theo has earned his stripes and proven his ability on all levels that he is capable of making decisions by himself keeping the best interests of the organization in mind. Our minor league system is full of future major leaguers. We have lost some important parts of our team, but I know that Theo will find the right parts to get us up to speed. I have no doubt the kid will do fine.

ENFORCER said:

Well said! It took them 10 weeks and they'll let us know next week what his title will be? What a cliffhanger.....stay tuned folks!

WTF - WEEI still talking about the Red Sox when the Winter Olympics are right around the corner?

I'm OUTRAGED!!!!!

JoeSixPat said:
WTF - WEEI still talking about the Red Sox when the Winter Olympics are right around the corner?

I'm OUTRAGED!!!!!
:ditto: Especially since the National Knitting tournament is next week too!

Bill's Girl said:
I wouldn't go that far....;)

your right...comparing him to the red sox, is actually insulting to.T.O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back