pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

January 19, 2006
Theo returns
By Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff
Posted By: ssilva | Time: 07:27:05 PM

The Red Sox today announced that Theo Epstein will rejoin the organization.

Principal Owner John Henry, Chairman Tom Werner, President/CEO Larry Lucchino and Epstein issued the following joint statement:

“As you know, we have spoken frequently during the last 10 weeks. We have engaged in healthy, spirited debates about what it will take over the long-term for the Red Sox to remain a great organization and, in fact, become a more effective organization in philosophy, approaches and ideals. Ironically, Theo’s departure has brought us closer together in many respects, and, thanks to these conversations, we now enjoy the bonds of a shared vision for the organization’s future that did not exist on October 31. With this vision in place, Theo will return to the Red Sox in a full-time baseball operations capacity, details of which will be announced next week.â€

The Red Sox and Theo Epstein will have no further comment until next week.

January 19, 2006
Theo returns
By Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff
The Red Sox today announced that Theo Epstein will rejoin the organization.

Principal Owner John Henry, Chairman Tom Werner, President/CEO Larry Lucchino and Epstein issued the following joint statement:

“As you know, we have spoken frequently during the last 10 weeks. We have engaged in healthy, spirited debates about what it will take over the long-term for the Red Sox to remain a great organization and, in fact, become a more effective organization in philosophy, approaches and ideals. Ironically, Theo’s departure has brought us closer together in many respects, and, thanks to these conversations, we now enjoy the bonds of a shared vision for the organization’s future that did not exist on October 31. With this vision in place, Theo will return to the Red Sox in a full-time baseball operations capacity, details of which will be announced next week.â€

The Red Sox and Theo Epstein will have no further comment until next week.

Posted By: ssilva | Time: 07:27:05 PM | Link | Any thoughts on this blog entry? Sound off here

Who is Red Sox, another LB prospect?

I won't believe it til Shaughnessy makes it official.:D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Who is Red Sox, another LB prospect?

I..don't..think..so... Maybe some college assistant BB is bringing in as recievers coach? Gotta be from one of those mid-west schools, with a name like Red.

Just checked. Yup, there is still a Red Sox message board.

People need to get off their high horse in here.

1. pats1 put the courteous OT: in front of the topic
2. this is the board where everyone hangs, so people are going to post things here b/c they want to discuss them. I like the Sox, but I never go in there the sox board, and I wouldn't have seen this news if it was in there.
3. What is the big deal? Bostondirtdogs.com, which is supposed to only be for Red Sox posts big Patriots news. So what is the big deal?

I swear most of you like hating the Red Sox more than you like "liking" the Patriots.

NEM said:
I didn't notice. You got to 4,000.
I'm more disrespected then Rodney.

BradyisGod said:
People need to get off their high horse in here.

1. pats1 put the courteous OT: in front of the topic
2. this is the board where everyone hangs, so people are going to post things here b/c they want to discuss them. I like the Sox, but I never go in there the sox board, and I wouldn't have seen this news if it was in there.
3. What is the big deal? Bostondirtdogs.com, which is supposed to only be for Red Sox posts big Patriots news. So what is the big deal?

I swear most of you like hating the Red Sox more than you like "liking" the Patriots.
Boston dirt dogs? Is that a Hot Dog franchise?

PATSNUTme said:
Just checked. Yup, there is still a Red Sox message board.

You dissapoint me.......:D

You all know how much I love the way BB runs the Patriots and it was great to see the Sox following his lead, but that ended once they got their rings......

Bill's Girl said:
You dissapoint me.......:D

You all know how much I love the way BB runs the Patriots and it was great to see the Sox following his lead, but that ended once they got their rings......

Because, they are the Red Sox. Wait until next 86 years.

PATSNUTme said:
Because, they are the Red Sox. Wait until next 86 years.

How depressing.....that would make me 118!

wow

NEM said:
I didn't notice. You got to 4,000.

and you are almost at 10,000. I guess we will be saying congrats about this time next week then :D

This was the top story on the channel 4 news. As Lobel was reading the details they were playing "Come love me again" by John Denver in the background. Absolutely hilarious!!!

Why Red Sox trash??

As you know, we have spoken frequently during the last 10 weeks. We have engaged in healthy, spirited debates about what it will take over the long-term for the Red Sox to remain a great organization and, in fact, become a more effective organization in philosophy, approaches and ideals. Ironically, Theo’s departure has brought us closer together in many respects, and, thanks to these conversations, we now enjoy the bonds of a shared vision for the organization’s future that did not exist on October 31.

With this vision in place, Theo will return to the Red Sox in a full-time baseball operations capacity, details of which will be announced next week.â€

Translation: We have assigned him the traveling peanut vendor's duties in the right field grandstand for the back two sections.

what

AzPatsFan said:
As you know, we have spoken frequently during the last 10 weeks. We have engaged in healthy, spirited debates about what it will take over the long-term for the Red Sox to remain a great organization and, in fact, become a more effective organization in philosophy, approaches and ideals. Ironically, Theo’s departure has brought us closer together in many respects, and, thanks to these conversations, we now enjoy the bonds of a shared vision for the organization’s future that did not exist on October 31.

With this vision in place, Theo will return to the Red Sox in a full-time baseball operations capacity, details of which will be announced next week.â€

Translation: We have assigned him the traveling peanut vendor's duties in the right field grandstand for the back two sections.

What are you talking about? :confused: It's late, I guess it could be me--who knows?

mtbykr said:
What are you talking about? :confused: It's late, I guess it could be me--who knows?

The Sox will not say what his official function would be with the team. According to them, they will announce it next week sometime. AZ was merely speculating......:D

Bill's Girl said:
The Sox will not say what his official function would be with the team. According to them, they will announce it next week sometime. AZ was merely speculating......:D

BG,

Danke Schoen, Fraulein!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes