PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Raiders...what a dismal franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is an interesting one. It seems so ludicrous on the face of it that the phrase that leaps to mind is "it takes two to tango." I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to work out a long-term deal with Asomugha first but he said "no thanks, I'm taking my fabulous talent out of this dysfunctional dump in 2009." That's certainly what I'd say in his place.

I knows whoever ends up with him is going to shell out alot of cash but man it would be nice having him...

I do feel bad from them in a weird way. Their loss in the playoffs at Foxboro sort of catapulted this franchise into superstardom.

I really can't believe what bad luck they've been having these last few years. I was watching Jamarcus Russell the other night wondering how he could've been a first overall pick in the draft. Can you even imagine what Pioli and Belichick could do with a first overall draft pick? Anyway, the team really is in shambles and I hope that someday they'll be able to win more than four games in a season.

We are fortunate a guy like Bledsoe was coming out the year we had the #1 pick. In the Raiders' defense...they took the guy with the most upside and a QB is one of those go for broke kind of picks. I guess they could've pick A. Peterson or Joe Thomas...but who wants to risk a RB or get a boring OT?
The #1 pick is only a good thing if a Palmer/Bledsoe/Manning is waiting for his name to called.

The Oakland Raiders would like to welcome the New 2009 Head Coach, Eric Mangini!

"The Raiders...what a dismal franchise"

Sure the Raiders are in bad shape, but they just whooped up on a Chiefs team in KC, the same KC team the Pats struggled to win against in their own backyard.

Some people might favor the Raiders over the Pats at this point.

Just sayin... :rolleyes:

The Raiders messed up with that #1 pick a couple of years ago. They went with the glamarous pick of JaMarcus, with Cleveland laughing all the way with their franchise LT falling to them at #2.

Great O-Line improves an average QB and RB

Crappy O-Line makes a great QB and RB look average

3. Their whining to every other fan base that the Pats legacy is somehow tainted due to tuck rule (wrong, it was the correct call!) game.

Wrong. Go back and watch the play again: the correct call was "Roughing the passer, defense, 15 yards and an automatic first down." The tuck rule was applied correctly, although it should not even have been necessary to use it.

Even without #2 and #3, Jack Tatum's attempt to cash in for profit off that hit and his lack of remorse, along with the Raiders fans attempt to portray him as a sympathetic hero, results in the Raiders remaining my most hated team.

Funny how all these other fans talk about 'karma' with the SB loss and Brady's knee, but nobody says that about the Raiders, which would be far more appropriate.

Well, let's just say that knowing what's happened to Tatum in later years suggests that maybe there is such a thing as karma. (OTOH, given his lack of remorse, I have no sympathy whatsoever for the man.)

Last edited:
This is kind of a ****y and arrogant thread shall we say?

Remember the late 80s and early 90s Patriots teams? - Remember the Kiam era? - Those Patriots teams were about as disfunctional as the Manson Family so lets not beat beat a team when they are already down by starting a thread to acknowledge this.

You guys that were around then like I was didn't particularly care for the shame and humiliation from the 1-15 season to the players showing thier goodies to a female reporter in the locker room.

Any team including this one can go into a bad situation down the road and you know what they say about karma?

This is kind of a ****y and arrogant thread shall we say?

Remember the late 80s and early 90s Patriots teams? - Remember the Kiam era? - Those Patriots teams were about as disfunctional as the Manson Family so lets not beat beat a team when they are already down by starting a thread to acknowledge this.

You guys that were around then like I was didn't particularly care for the shame and humiliation from the 1-15 season to the players showing thier goodies to a female reporter in the locker room.

Any team including this one can go into a bad situation down the road and you know what they say about karma?

Your right it could happen to any team but as long as BB, Pioli, and Karft are in the drivers seat I think were in good hands for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back