PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The No. 1 favorite NFL team among U.S. adults?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Results from this year’s poll include:

* Regionally speaking, the Pittsburgh Steelers are the No. 1 favorite of those in the East, while the Chicago Bears are No. 1 for those in the Midwest. In the South, the Cowboys come out on top and in the West, the San Francisco 49ers are the favorite team.
* The percentage of those who say they follow professional football remains stable at about half of all adults (48% this year).
* Men (62%) are more likely to follow professional football than women (34%).
* Thirty-nine percent of Echo Boomers (those ages 18 to 29) and forty-two percent of Matures (ages 61 and over) follow professional football, compared to fifty-two percent of Generation Xers (ages 30 to 41) and fifty-two percent of Baby Boomers (ages 42 to 60).
* College graduates are more likely to follow professional football (61%) then those with post graduate degrees (52%), those with some college (49%) and those with a high school education or less (41%).

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/index.asp?PID=700

Talk about an in depth poll.

women (34%).

34%? Where the heck are they? All the women I have dated hate football.

Cicero said:
women (34%).

Explain to them that its like "violent chess" - then they will understand the fascination and appreciation for the game we have

Pittsburgh has a great football tradition - but folks in PA have been among the most loyal and numerous football fans for so long it wouldn't surprise me if they carried the poll

Cicero said:
women (34%).

Aw, that's too bad. I don't think my husband, or any other guy I know loves football as much as I do. He's more into the college basketball stuff.

We're out there, believe me!

Bella*chick said:
Aw, that's too bad. I don't think my husband, or any other guy I know loves football as much as I do. He's more into the college basketball stuff.

No you're not:( You're just giving us false hope!

Bella*chick said:

You do realize that you could have had your PICK of us 62% of U.S. men who love football, and you had to marry a guy who is into basketball? :rolleyes: ;)

PromisedLand said:
You do realize that you could have had your PICK of us 62% of U.S. men who love football, and you had to marry a guy who is into basketball? :rolleyes: ;)

Well, he DOES love football enough to watch Sunday ticket with me all day.

But when it comes to flailing and screaming at the TV.....that's all me.;)

eta: edgecy, I promise I'm not giving you false hope! Promise!

Last edited:
And, of course, the most telling stat: 20% of respondents are convinced that the Dolts will win the Super Bowl this year. [It's like the da*n gambler's fallacy--they didn't win last year, so they have to win this year!]

Cicero said:
women (34%).

You need to get out more. I'm a woman and have loved football since I was 7 years old.

Bella*chick said:

Your husband is a lucky man. I once broke up with a girl because she cleaned my dorm room for me and threw out an old six pack of Who-Dey beer from the 1982 superbowl season. It wasn't specifically for the beer, but that was the original spark of contention that snowballed into our break up.

She went from 4.0 student to rehab, jail and spent a year in a halfway house so it was probably a good thing but I wish it hadn't cost me that six pack.

I beat the odds; I'm female, 40, with a post graduate degree.
Screw statistics :D

Cicero said:
Your husband is a lucky man. I once broke up with a girl because she cleaned my dorm room for me and threw out an old six pack of Who-Dey beer from the 1982 superbowl season. It wasn't specifically for the beer, but that was the original spark of contention that snowballed into our break up.

She went from 4.0 student to rehab, jail and spent a year in a halfway house so it was probably a good thing but I wish it hadn't cost me that six pack.

My goodness, no wonder she was disturbed: a female college student cleaning out a man's room!

Not in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I bet -- or if she did the sisters would kidnap her and give her five years of therapy and assertiveness training. ;)

Cicero said:
women (34%).

That's too bad. My wife likes football. She's not a die-hard, but she comes with me to most of the Michigan games. She's even good to tag along for a road trip or two (as long as it's not too hostile, like Ohio State.)

We go married in 2003, and went to NYC and Boston for our honeymoon. I managed to sneak in a stop at Gillette, and she thought it was pretty cool. She'll wear her Pats socks to work on Fridays, and she has a longsleeve from the proshop she'll wear under her scrubs. When I wake up on Sundays, the Sunday Ticket is already programmed with the Pats game, and the pregame shows are on. Not bad.

Mike the Brit said:
My goodness, no wonder she was disturbed: a female college student cleaning out a man's room!

Not in Cambridge, Massachusetts, I bet -- or if she did the sisters would kidnap her and give her five years of therapy and assertiveness training. ;)

Oh believe me she needed no help with assertiveness. Her biggest problem was that she was a go along with the crowd type. When the crowd went off the cliff she went with them.

Michigan Dave said:
That's too bad. My wife likes football. She's not a die-hard, but she comes with me to most of the Michigan games. She's even good to tag along for a road trip or two (as long as it's not too hostile, like Ohio State.)

We go married in 2003, and went to NYC and Boston for our honeymoon. I managed to sneak in a stop at Gillette, and she thought it was pretty cool. She'll wear her Pats socks to work on Fridays, and she has a longsleeve from the proshop she'll wear under her scrubs. When I wake up on Sundays, the Sunday Ticket is already programmed with the Pats game, and the pregame shows are on. Not bad.

That's cool. You going to Columbus this November? I think our teams might be 1 and 2 in the nation before that game.

Cicero said:
That's cool. You going to Columbus this November? I think our teams might be 1 and 2 in the nation before that game.

Yup. I'm at all the Michigan games, home and road. 3:30 kickoff on 11-18, too. It's going to be one heck of an atmosphere.

Hm, I have a post graduate degree as well (I'm 33). Yay for odds-beaters!

I have been known to wear my BB gray hoodie almost every day during the wintery portion of football season. My husband is from Tennessee, which means that he followed the Titans (until recently, I told him that our son shouldn't be confused about which team to root for...and since my husband wasn't all that into the Titans to begin with, well, bye-bye Titans). When the Pats played the Titans in the playoffs a few years ago, I didn't speak to him the whole game. It was really obnoxious of me. Oh well, at least both he and I had a common Manning hatred to bond over (he went to Vanderbilt and HATES Tennessee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back