PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Texas High School Quarterback collapses and dies after completing 2nd TD pass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible news :(

Thoughts to his family and friends.

RIP to Reggie and his family.

Hidden physical problems of athletes leading to death are all heartbreaking.

1284807404420.JPEG

Later many of them visited the Baptist Orange Hospital where Garrett's body lay. "Most of the community was here at the hospital," hospital spokeswoman Susan Courtney told CNN. "There was hundreds of people in the parking lot, there was people in the waiting room, cheerleaders, drill team, band members, community support by the hundreds

Last edited:
Awful news but you have to wonder what he was thinking playing football with a history of seizures. His mother's comment makes me believe that he's had more than one seizure.

Indeed, that's awful and tragic. At least, he passed doing what he probably loved the most. RIP.

This is a real sad story....The QB was having a great game when apparently he had a seizure....

Reggie Garrett, Star Texas High School Quarterback, Dies After Collapse in Game

R.I.P. :(

I live about 10 minutes away from that school. I grew up going to church and playing youth basketball with the team's OC, whose father, one of the defensive coaches, taught me in Sunday School. I can't imagine what they're going through right now, not to mention the boy's family and friends.

My old school plays them later this year. We're 0-20 all-time and this year we've got a group that maybe could give them a game. It doesn't matter anymore though. It's just a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back