PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Texans vs. Colts Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Texans vs Colts Game Thread.

Schaub really is a light-heart when it comes to facing a pass rush.

Schaub really is a light-heart when it comes to facing a pass rush.

Not the first Houston QB to have that problem, though you could argue that Carr was suffering from PTSD after a few years behind that line.

Why did the Colts keep passing? The ONLY reason I can see is stat padding. Seriously

Ahhh yeah the token help for colts from the zebras

Wow oh my god, that clock management right there proves that the Texas just might be the most poorly coached team in the league

Why did the Colts keep passing? The ONLY reason I can see is stat padding. Seriously

Because Addai is out, Brown is out and now Hart is banged up. So Edgerin James COUSIN is in off the PS.

So what would YOU do? Take a couple shots that might actually convert knowing that your D is playing well, or basically concede to punting the ball by handing the ball off to your #4 back? Yes you'd run a bit of time off, but why not actually attempt to make a conversion?

Stat padding? Sheesh.

They are down to a PS guy at RB with Hart out? Why would you try and run it with him. He didn't even know where to line up.

Better of just running it and letting the clock run, I think everyone knew that the freeney strip sack was more of a when than an if there. Damn him made us believe texans had a chance to win it and waited for them to get into the redzone.

After watching the entire game - and a very good test/not must win but really need to win game for Indy - here's what I take away from the Colts:

Banged up/players out (not the only team) but Peyton still/always finds ways to make plays with whoever the hell is out there.

However, with that being said...this doesn't look like the "fearfull" or as high-powered offense as we've seen from the Colts in year's past. Yes, Peyton still likes to run to the line but it looks like they're giving the illusion of their old fast break offense - even from last year just doesn't look the same. But like i said, Peyton still makes plays.

I actually think the Colts defense has looked better this year....believe it or not.

Just a few thoughts....yours?

Oh, I purposely focussed on the colts cause as much as i'd like to finallly believe in the Texans.....don't think this is their year either!

My thoughts: Houston is moronic for giving Arian Foster only 15 carries, wtf?

Because Addai is out, Brown is out and now Hart is banged up. So Edgerin James COUSIN is in off the PS.

So what would YOU do? Take a couple shots that might actually convert knowing that your D is playing well, or basically concede to punting the ball by handing the ball off to your #4 back? Yes you'd run a bit of time off, but why not actually attempt to make a conversion?

Stat padding? Sheesh.

Are you going to at least tell us what team you root for? Is it the Colts or the Jets? :confused:

Every Colts game ends the exact same way. The other team is driving needing to tie, go ahead, or whatever......and one of those nasty rushers (Freeney or Mathis) strip sack the opposing QB.

That's the one thing I wish the Pats had on Defense. Life would be alot easier for Brady and the O

The Houston gameplan was horrific.

Are you going to at least tell us what team you root for? Is it the Colts or the Jets? :confused:

Are you kidding me? And spoil all the fun of seeing people guess? A round of hot wings for anyone who can figure it out definitively.

Last edited:

Are you kidding me? And spoil all the fun of seeing people guess? A round of hot wings for anyone who can figure it out definitively.

Given your user name I would say the Skins, but that doesn't make sense because most Skins fans don't have any desire to come to our board and puke all over it. Plus the number is wrong.

So I'm going with the Colts. But either way it is a pansy way to come to a new board. You come here and try to downplay our wins and then cower behind anonymity. :rolleyes:

Toronto Argonauts :confused:

Lasting impression of the Colts:

Manning and Freeney dominated the game for them.

One of those guys have an off night, their side of the ball will suffer.

We have a more complete team.

she's a Denver fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill