PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Texans to release Hoyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told the final exam wouldn't include any Shakespeare. o_O

Hoyer isn't very good, but he's an upgrade over Manning/Osweiler (which is ironic considering he was replaced by Osweiler). You can say what you want about Hoyer, but Manning was the worst QB in the league last year and whatever the hell people see in Osweiler, I do not see. I'd be worried if he signed in Denver.

I think if he goes to New Jersey we'll be fine, as he's not better than Fitzpatrick.

That's very debatable. Osweiller kept the Broncos on the playoff race when Manning was injured, I agree that he needs to show a lot more but even for a guy that has 4 years experience in the NFL, without starting one game would be in kind of a rookie situation out there. Manning, and it hurts to say that but he did a good job in the final stretch of the season. OK that that defense was insane and carried him, but he did all the right throws and called the right plays against the Pats and Carolina. For a guy like Manning, with his ego, I thought it would be pretty difficult for him to not try to outplay his old self , throwing some bombs and putting his team in jeopardy. He didn't. He understood his limitations and even though his body was shot his brain wasn't, and that's still a big part in playing QB.

Hoyer can win some games but he never show that he can deliver in both situations explained above. He is a backup and like it was mentioned depending on the team, if the QB gets hurt too much like Big Ben, they should seriously consider another option because he will be needed and in this league one more L in the standings means end of season. He would fit in the Colts, they need a backup QB, Luck is strong but he took an awful beating this past season.

Hoyer will be an upgrade for some team as a backup QB.

He's certainly not toast.

There are many worse backups in the NFL.

Hoyer will be an upgrade for some team as a backup QB.

He's certainly not toast.

There are many worse backups in the NFL.

Yeah, I'm surprised that DAL didn't pounce on him, to be honest. Then again, I was a bit surprised when they brought Matt Moore in and let him walk away.

There's always the chance that he goes to the NYJ, and if that happens I'd definitely consider it a downgrade for them. Of course the problem with that thinking is that Fitzpatrick would almost definitely end up in DEN, which would be an upgrade. It's hard for me to decide which I'd prefer, although I'm probably leaning towards Fitzpatrick going back to NY.

The Jets are apparently interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back