PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Texans expected to keep Gary Kubiak (Wade Phillips as DC?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, now they just need to bring in Matt Millen to run the front office and they'll have a dream team down there.

Phillips is a very good DC. HOU has the offense. Who knows?

Gary Kubiak is one of the worst 3 head coaches in football.

How many 4th quarter leads have they blown? How many close games ALWAYS go the other teams way? How many dumb mistakes do they make in big spots. Just a reflection of bad coaching.

Last edited:
Oh man, now they just need to bring in Matt Millen to run the front office and they'll have a dream team down there.

This made me laugh :D

Any truth to the rumor Al Davis is buying the Texans?

I thought Wade was always a 3-4 guy?

I realize their personnel are bad but they need a total revamp if they go 3-4 in a time where other teams don't have 3-4 personnel and are making the transition (Buffalo, Washington......)

I realize their personnel are bad but they need a total revamp if they go 3-4 in a time where other teams don't have 3-4 personnel and are making the transition (Buffalo, Washington......)

Hmm. I know his stops in SD and Denver were mainly 3-4. BUF was 3-4 w/ Mt. Washington in the middle.

My take is that Phillips can do either or, but likes the 3-4.

Last edited:
That could be interesting as Super Mario has the measurables to play 3-4 DE @ 6'6 300. But the real issue is their secondary, it's atrocious. That jets loss was pretty bad.

After every game, Kubiak states that it's his fault the team was not ready and prepared to play. After 5 years, I believe him. Time for him to go.

For the Texans to progress they need a competent head coach. Kubiak kills that side.

One more year of everyone predicting the texans to make the playoffs only for them to fall on their faces again.

1293667965.png

By 3-4, do you mean 3 to 4 wins per season?

If so, then yes.

You could have a sit com with those 2 clowns in charge of your team

What new and exciting way can the Texans find to lose next week? Will Wade eat a defensive back? :bricks:

Check out this theory from the New York Times about Kubiak and Del Rio:

John Fox just finished his fourth non-winning season in five years in Carolina, and was let go. But Kubiak and Del Rio? They’ll be back, despite not having the cachet of Bart Starr, or the pedigrees of McKay or Reeves, and despite the fact that they didn’t inherit the hopeless situations that Lewis and McKay did. What they have, instead, may be the most hopeless situation of all: competing against Peyton Manning.

So, basically, the Jags and Texans keep these flatliner coaches around because they know they have no chance against the Colts with Manning? Please.

How Good Is Peyton Manning? - NYTimes.com

Everything that y'all are saying is true...unfortunately. I've been a Texans fan since the beginning, and I have come to the conclusion that the fundamental problem with the franchise is the owner.

He's a nice guy yada yada yada [disclaimer about eternal gratitude for bringing football back to Houston goes here], but as a football team owner, he stinks. He's proven inept at hiring the right people, and his blind loyalty to mediocre coaches is showing him to be clueless.

After the Ravens loss on MNF, he had a press conference about how all the other NFL owners were telling him that he's "on the right track". This is a team that has been 5-7 at week 13 for FOUR years in a row, and went from 4-2 record to 6-10.

This guy thinks this is the "right track"??? To where, Suckville?!

My brain can't take it anymore. I've been a fanatic for the team for years, but I just can't follow the daily updates from such a horribly run organization. My disgust for this perpetual mediocrity is turning me off to football, and I hate that feeling.

So, I'm taking a break and watching a team that I've always admired with the Patriots. The Texans owner pays lip service to wanting to be like NE or the Steelers, but with his standards set so low, I don't think he has a clue how successful organizations are run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes