PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Terry Bradshaw used roids

Status
Not open for further replies.
So taking steroids wasn't illegal back then much like how taping signals wasn't really against the rules before the memo was sent. Or am I way off base?

Re: OT: Bradshaw used roids

Are you seriously upset at events during the Carter administration. He also wore leisure suits and danced to disco.

Oh I forgot...asterisks on all his SB wins....

:enranged::enranged::enranged::woohoo:

So taking steroids wasn't illegal back then much like how taping signals wasn't really against the rules before the memo was sent. Or am I way off base?
This has been covered to death. A memo cannot & did not change the rules, it re-itirated them. I know some Pats fans - me included - are still angry about the way Spygate was handled, but trying to see parallels to it in everything is really quite funny.

Last edited:
This has been covered to death. A memo cannot & did not change the rules, it re-itirated them. I know some Pats fans - me included - are still angry about the way Spygate was handled, but trying to see parallels to it in everything is really quite pathetic.

Updated your post...I'm in complete agreement with you: that whole debacle was just that: a debacle. But it's over, it's been over, please let's all let it die the slow death it was given. Honestly, it's like what you see in movies when someone has a real tough breakup, and they see their ex in everything they do or experience...it's seriously like that, and it's gotten to a very annoying stage when something from thirty years ago, something that's completely unrelated, is dredging up Spygate somehow. For the love of god just let it die.

Updated your post...I'm in complete agreement with you: that whole debacle was just that: a debacle. But it's over, it's been over, please let's all let it die the slow death it was given. Honestly, it's like what you see in movies when someone has a real tough breakup, and they see their ex in everything they do or experience...it's seriously like that, and it's gotten to a very annoying stage when something from thirty years ago, something that's completely unrelated, is dredging up Spygate somehow. For the love of god just let it die.

I certainly agree with your comment as it relates to this incident which is over 30 years old.

But I certainly see no fault in people feeling a little knocked around after the debacle and expecting to see other scandals handled with similar coverage. And when it doesn't which is usually the cause it is important to ask why? There was obviously (only to us as we saw it first hand) some serious bias going on in the coverage of spygate and to than just ignore it because spygate is over is just allowing it to prepetuate. We as Pats fans should make it high priority to call these people out and to unmask the BS so if god for bid some BS comes up again we don't pushed in the fire again.

I like Bradshaw, he stook up for us....

Wasn't illegal at the time. Yes the media completely screwed us over, but I'm not going to overreact like opposing fans - I'll be the better man.

Last edited:
I certainly agree with your comment as it relates to this incident which is over 30 years old.

But I certainly see no fault in people feeling a little knocked around after the debacle and expecting to see other scandals handled with similar coverage. And when it doesn't which is usually the cause it is important to ask why? There was obviously (only to us as we saw it first hand) some serious bias going on in the coverage of spygate and to than just ignore it because spygate is over is just allowing it to prepetuate. We as Pats fans should make it high priority to call these people out and to unmask the BS so if god for bid some BS comes up again we don't pushed in the fire again.

That's fine, but (and you said it at that top) pick your battles. This right here--a player from 30 years ago taking a substance that was both legal and allowed in the NFL--is not a battle worth fighting, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the current day NFL, the witch hunt that took place over the past year or the hypocrisy of the media.

I like Bradshaw, he stook up for us....

Wasn't illegal at the time. Yes the media completely screwed us over, but I'm not going to overreact like opposing fans - I'll be the better man.

i am on board with this sentiment....

It's not because we got treated unfairly that we have to be idiots every time something pops up, people...

This will die a quiet death. We must face the fact that Spygate is as much about jealousy and envy as it is about any belief among the haters that we cheated. Read any national board on any Boston team and you see the Belicheat comments wheher their related or not. I think the answer is 'ScrewEm All' . Pats keep winning they keep hating. I'm ok with that.

This will die a quiet death. We must face the fact that Spygate is as much about jealousy and envy as it is about any belief among the haters that we cheated. Read any national board on any Boston team and you see the Belicheat comments wheher their related or not. I think the answer is 'ScrewEm All' . Pats keep winning they keep hating. I'm ok with that.

That is the sad but true net of all this. I am always puzzled when I talk to Steeler fans about the 'roid usage of the 70's teams and they all stick their head in the sand. Even the recent firing of a Steeler team doctor for buying 150K worth of HGH on his personal credit card does not seem to register anything with them.

That is the sad but true net of all this. I am always puzzled when I talk to Steeler fans about the 'roid usage of the 70's teams and they all stick their head in the sand. Even the recent firing of a Steeler team doctor for buying 150K worth of HGH on his personal credit card does not seem to register anything with them.
I thought HGH wasn't even isolated until 1981 (by Choh Hao Li)? How could that have happened in the 70's?

I thought HGH wasn't even isolated until 1981 (by Choh Hao Li)? How could that have happened in the 70's?

The team doctor, Dr. Richard Ryzde, was fired last year (why I said "recent" in my post) and with their history of 'roid usage you would have thought it would have raised eyebrows. The doctor was caught in the Orlando on-line pharmacy fiasco.

The team doctor, Dr. Richard Ryzde, was fired last year (why I said "recent" in my post) and with their history of 'roid usage you would have thought it would have raised eyebrows. The doctor was caught in the Orlando on-line pharmacy fiasco.
Oh, I thought you meant the Steelers of the 70's, my bad.

See that sort of stuff pisses me off. I am a huge football fan and I have dug around a lot in the past year to stock up on ammo to fire at anyone who wants to talk spygate with me. I had stuff on the Broncos, 49ers, Colts, Chargers, Rams, and I even used the Steelers 70s roid scandal. But I had no Idea the Steelers Dr. was fired for this. How is that not a equal story to the Spygate thing. A team with a history of steroid use has a Dr fired for HGH scandal and me a big football fan knew nothing of this. Tell me how that is fair and unbiased coverage Spygate is front page for months almost a year and this Steelers having Dr. HGH is page ten for a day.

Edit: Seeing as I don't know anything about this story I want to add this comment that it doesn't matter wether it is this particular scandal or another because I have never scene the kind of coverage Spygate got for any other sports scandal in my life besides maybe OJs murder trial.

Last edited:
See that sort of stuff pisses me off. I am a huge football fan and I have dug around a lot in the past year to stock up on ammo to fire at anyone who wants to talk spygate with me. I had stuff on the Broncos, 49ers, Colts, Chargers, Rams, and I even used the Steelers 70s roid scandal. But I had no Idea the Steelers Dr. was fired for this. How is that not a equal story to the Spygate thing. A team with a history of steroid use has a Dr fired for HGH scandal and me a big football fan knew nothing of this. Tell me how that is fair and unbiased coverage Spygate is front page for months almost a year and this Steelers having Dr. HGH is page ten for a day.

Edit: Seeing as I don't know anything about this story I want to add this comment that it doesn't matter wether it is this particular scandal or another because I have never scene the kind of coverage Spygate got for any other sports scandal in my life besides maybe OJs murder trial.

Well, to be fair, the Rodney Harrison HGH story also disappeared after a comparatively short time.

Well, to be fair, the Rodney Harrison HGH story also disappeared after a comparatively short time.

I am not sure that is being Fair. To compare one player's use to a team DR. And the team Dr of a franchise with a history of Steriod use. Now obviously I am more Likely to hear about A patriot issue than a steeler issue but I do remember Rodney's being caught got some decent coverage and I heard nothing of the Steeler scandal.

Last edited:

The NFL did a very good job of blackballing Steve Courson after his book on the Steelers and roid usage.

Also, for the old "it wasn't illegal in the 70's" - The IOC banned steroids in 1976 but many knew the dangers prior to that. So while pumping the team up on roids may not have been a federal crime, it certainly violates the spirit of the NFL rules on fair play.

249fb220dca0bfb4ef389010._AA240_.L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back