PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Terrell Owens gets all that money then misses mandatory mini-camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Terrell Owens gets all that money then misses mandatory mini-camp.

They way people were talking at practice yesterday makes me think it wasn't a kid but maybe a parent. Obviously that'd be too bad but given the alternative...

There are rumors going around that Owens' absence has something to do with the health of his eight year old boy. Odds are this is a non-story and if the rumors are true I hope it is, but since it is T.O.-related you know speculation will run rampant. I would think that after Spygate that Patriots fans would be the first ones to avoid another rush to judgment.

Then why don't the Cowboys explain it and put speculation to rest? By the way, children should not be fathering children. Shame on T.O.

Then why don't the Cowboys explain it and put speculation to rest? By the way, children should not be fathering children. Shame on T.O.
It's not the Cowboys' place to release a statement, it's a very personal issue. When TO feels like saying something, he can. Obviously people are going to speculate, but the ones that do are "ESPN-quality" people.

Last edited:

It's not the Cowboys' place to release a statement, it's a very personal issue. When TO feels like saying something, he can. Obviously people are going to speculate, but the ones that do are "ESPN-quality" people.

I don't see what the big deal is about issuing a press release saying that so-and-so is absent dealing with a family health matter.

I don't see what the big deal is about issuing a press release saying that so-and-so is absent dealing with a family health matter.

Wade Phillips said in his press conference yesterday that T.O. will not be at minicamp this week due to a family matter.

Thank God we have you to judge who should and should not be having children based on how a person is presented in the media. The charity work Terrell has done with his Catch a Dream foundation has been great for local kids, and my mother, who is a nurse at the Children's Medical Center in Dallas, has spoken glowingly about the way he interacts with those children, so I would think your fears of his parenting deficiencies are unnecessary.

No, the question you should be asking is why WOULD you put others through general BS..., not why NOT?
-Why would they put us through that general BS? Sorry, but I'm a vengeful person. Look at it as jackassery if you want, but I don't care about looking good or smart in the eyes of other fans or the eyes of fans on this forum. So save it for someone that cares.

You started a thread to harpoon some guy you don't know. But, you've seen him play football and watched snippets of interviews. Thus, you clearly understand his inner-workings.
-What I understood is that he took the last two training camps off for a "hamstring injury" then looked like that injury never existed in Week 1. Excuse me for using the past to justify my original judgement on the matter. Oh, and this was before I knew a family member died.

Then, you re-grouped within said thread intending to rally the troops around you to regale over the fact that he was...GASP!...taking personal time (during the OFF-SEASON) that would be given to any Joe Schmo, regardless of his salary being exponentionally higher than yours (as referenced not only in your OP, but in your title).
-Of course. What else is there to talk about? This was before we knew there was a death in the family so, again, I thought he was just coming up with some B.S. injury (again) to skip off-season work-outs. Beat a dead horse much, buddy?

Within this thread, folks countered your argument to say, hey brah, not now, ok? Now you come with some new tack that is vitriol-laden, still.
-Not really. People questioned me for rushing to judgement too quickly against another team and it's players and I pointed out that people didn't give a damn about rushing to judgement when it came to us so why should we? Sorry, but my opinion on the matter is different than your's.

Come off it. I don't care for TO. Don't give one **** or another. The "head's up! possible juicy gossip! is fine." When it evaporates, quit fighting over it.
-Once again, if you don't like the thread, there is always the option to exit it. How about this? How about everyone stops *****ing and moaning like a bunch of teenage girls about every little post because, honestly, there is nothing better to talk about right now. To me, any conversation that can kill a work day is good conversation.

My response is in the quoted area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back