PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tales of a Fairweather Fan...

Re: OT - Tales of a Fairweather Fan...

Happy Birthday!

Are we ready for the the absolute HATE that's going to be spewed about New England if/when the Celtics win the Championship???

I mean, it's going to be nuts.

Screw 'em.

There was a post on the ESPN Celtics board within 10 minute of the game over bringing up "18-1, 1918-2004." They can hate all they want, when the Celtics close this out we will have seen SIX titles in 6 years, and it should be seven. They'd all love to be us, their jealousy is wonderful. You could almost hear the disgust on the ESPN anchors voices having to admit that the Lakers aren't the better team and that Kobe isn't Jordan. I only wish I was in the stadium to see the looks on the Laker fan faces after that game.

Last edited:

Screw 'em.

There was a post on the ESPN Celtics board within 10 minute of the game over bringing up "18-1, 1918-2004." They can hate all they want, when the Celtics close this out we will have seen SIX titles in 6 years, and it should be seven. They'd all love to be us, their jealousy is wonderful. You could almost hear the disgust on the ESPN anchors voices having to admit that the Lakers are the better team and that Kobe isn't Jordan. I only wish I was in the stadium to see the looks on the Laker fan faces after that game.

It must have been of shock and dismay as they had this game sealed in the
first 3 quarters....man what a come back....

And yeah....ESPN must have been holding back all of the numerous curse words they would have liked to say during their broadcasts due to the hatred they have towards New England teams....

Screw 'em.

Ditto!
On another point, get freakin' used to it. They Celtics "old three" still have a lot of life left, and Rondo will improve as will Big Baby and Powe.
The Red Sox rotation just might rival Atlanta's of yesteryear, with a shutdown closer to boot.
The Patriots are still the best team in football.
Can you say monopolize World Championships. Everybody is going to hate us and it will carry over from one sport to the next.

Screw 'em.

If Lakers keeps playing the way they did in the last 3 games, this Sunday is their last game of the season.

The problem which the Lakers has is inconsistent. They played great in the first half and everything went down in the second half. Of course, Celtics 3 point shooting has been killing Lakers.

Lakers' Gasol and Odem are UNPREDICTABLE and i will never depend them to save Lakers.

Last edited:
I will also be 44 years old in October :( Happy Birthday anyways...

9:00 is not late. You guys are getting way too old. ;)

I don't even root for the Celtics (Heat fan) and I stayed and watched the entire game. I watched it even when my friends were saying we should leave at halftime.

Happy Birthday!!

While the Patriots are my #1 (by a wide margin) team, I love the Celtics as #2 followed closely by the Red Sox and the Bruins a distant third.

A fan of the Celtics would not turn off the game no matter what the time or what the score, win or lose. Since this is Patsfans,com and we are Patriot fanatics, who in here would ever not watch a Pats game due to time or score??

For those that left - sorry, y'all missed one of the most exciting BBall games I have ever seen - and I have seen (or heard, not all were on TV back then) them all, going back to when I was 5 in 1957!! I DO remember my Dad jumping all around the room in joy and then the following year bummed out because Russell sprained an ankle and was lost for the playoffs.

Assuming they close this out with #17 (I want it to end Sunday because if the Lakers win Sunday they could win game 6 and anything can happen in a game 7 - end it Sunday, please) - this game goes right up there with Havilchek stole the ball, DJ steals the inbound pass, triple OT, winning it all in LA when Cousy threw that ball skyward, Cowens, hopping on Max's back, Larry Bird's heroics - yup, right up there with all of them.

We ARE Titletown baby and the Patriots started it all and led they way without a doubt.

Lets go Celtics!!

<--- is real happy he stuck with it.

Ditto. Believe it or not I actually believed they were going to make a comeback similar to the one the Lakers almost pulled in Game 2.

I put my daughter down to sleep last night (she would NOT go willingly) and by the time I was out of the room, the Celtics were already down 24.

So I sat and watched. I was playing my guitar with earphones on, so i wasn't listening to the annoying announcers.

Everytime I played a particular bar chord combination, the Celts would make a run. But my fingers were getting tired, so I'd stop. And the Lakers would run the lead back up.

Let me tell you, I played the same damn bar chord combination from the mid 3rd period to the final seconds, my wrist cramped, my fingers falling off, and I not only believed they would come back and win, I KNEW it all depended on me!

Thanks upstater, get those chords ready for Sunday!

Happy Bday PatsDeb! And yes, I will admit to watching only the first quarter, got an update from my daughter that they "were still getting killed" at 1/2 time, and only upon checking in and seeing they were down by 2 in the mid 70's did I tune back in! Glad I did! I really thought they'd be coming back to Boston, now I think not!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes guys & gals (I'll ignore that attack on this senior citizen not being able to stay up late!)! I have learned my lesson & will watch every minute tomorrow night! I wish the format was the same as the earlier rounds and that this one was in Boston - even though some like the silence of the home crowd when a series is won, I always like it better when the home team's fans go nuts & tear the place down. However, I don't want the series to come back to Boston. With all the injuries the Celtics are playing through I'd rather see them wrap it up in LA if possible.

Looking forward to training camp here too!!

Go Celts! Go Pats!

One benefit of last night's game is seeing the Laker fans in the media who gave the Celtics no chance having to squirm and eat their words this morning. In particular, I made it a point to find Pats hater Bill Plaschke and find what he had to say. I can just picture how difficult it must have been for him to write this column. Though I was disappointed, but not surprised, that he still couldn't find it inside himself to give the Celtics any credit. Instead, he sums it up as solely the Lakers choking, as if he still believes them to be the better team.

Lakers' meltdown to Celtics is hard to swallow

Did Kobe really pull an old-ways-but-now-reformed Randy Moss & leave the floor early? What a jerk if he did. While the guy has some pretty shots, he's just not likeable.

Last edited:
my birthday will be next week. Does anybody here want to wish me a Happy birthday?

I watched the game with the same group I watch all Patriots games and Red Sox playoff games with.

We kind of took it in stride as they were getting blown off the court; when Van Gundy babbled "I'm going to go out on a limb here; 2-2", my girlfriend said "I'd love to see him eat those words, what a jerk"..............WOW was she right. Just incredible, easily one of my top ten sports moments, and it happened vs one of my top three most hated teams (Colts #1, Yankees #2, Lakers #3).

That will be one of those games that I will forever look back on and say "I remember where I was when that happened."

One of the people with us said "Now I know how Giants fans feel."

How very true; sad, but #$%^ing true.................

my birthday will be next week. Does anybody here want to wish me a Happy birthday?

Happy Birthday NEPatriot!! How old are you now? How old are you now? If I admit getting a little long in the tooth, you at least have to do the same!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back