PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Survivor league picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Week one is certainly perilous in survivor leagues. Denver losing to Miami one year knocked out about 75% of the players in a huge league I was in. Generally as most people I try and take the worst team who I consider a lock to win there game that week but week one I'm more conservative until I start to figure out which teams are for real and the trends like a team, Seattle, is a lock at home but blows on the road, etc.

So week one locks.

NE hosting KC.
Philly hosting St Louis

Are the only true week one locks IMO. A few weeks in if things go as I think this season there's some other games I'd consider taking but these are the only two total mismatches I can find in week one.

I'd be interested in the strategy and thoughts of others week to week.

I have a board league over on the pub. You can check out who people are chosing this week.

In the actuall league I'm in you can buy as many picks as you want, I have 5 and I'm going 3 Philly, 2 Jags this week.

Pittsburgh, though I could see Philly.

The Colts are a lock so are the Pats but I want to save them. I know Pitt has a tough schedule this year so there aren't that many opportunities for them so I'm going with them early on here.

What are the rules to your league everlong?

Is it restricted pick based, or one time only use for every team league?

Although they knocked me out early last year when they lost at home to KC...I also like

San Diego home against Carolina

After the ones already mentioned, my next would be Pittsburgh home against Houston.

With that said, I ended up going with Philly over St. Louis in my Survivor league. I'm saving the Pats for later in the year.

ted

Although they knocked me out early last year when they lost at home to KC...I also like

After the ones already mentioned, my next would be Pittsburgh home against Houston.

With that said, I ended up going with Philly over St. Louis in my Survivor league. I'm saving the Pats for later in the year.

ted

Something I learned in survivor leagues IMO is to never save teams, but thats just me

Pittsburgh, though I could see Philly.

The Colts are a lock so are the Pats but I want to save them. I know Pitt has a tough schedule this year so there aren't that many opportunities for them so I'm going with them early on here.

The Colts are a lock too, I forgot about them.

I'm not 100% on Pitt being a lock. Houston was a poor road team and Pitt awesome at home but Houston played a much tougher schedule this year and Pitt ignored their biggest weakness the O-line.

This is probably a lock by the way SD started last year scares me. Also if Steve Smith was playing I might give Carolina a chance. Stewart is a beast and I think Carolina is better this year, not SB better like some of the bandwagon national media will predict as usual but wild card better.

I think the Lions would be a good pick this week facing Matt Ryan in his debut.

I think the Lions would be a good pick this week facing Matt Ryan in his debut.

This is a good week to take the Lions. Perhaps one of the few. I might have to consider that before the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes