OT: Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch Tackles Meningitis to Honor Son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patters

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What a good father and human Deion is.

NFL Star Deion Branch Tackles Meningitis for Son, Raises Funds for Research - ABC News

Deion Branch is famous for catching Tom Brady's touchdown passes, a role that earned him Super Bowl MVP in 2005. But off the football field, Branch is raising awareness and funds to tackle meningitis in honor of his son.

Branch was 21 years old when his twin boys, Deiondre and Deiontey, were born in Louisville, Ky. Small but strong, the twins toughed out two weeks in intensive care before coming home from the hospital. But six days later, Deiondre would be back.

"He wasn't eating. And he'd cry when you picked him up," said Branch, recalling the new-parent panic that prompted a late-night trip to the emergency room.

wow what a story. i had no idea. god bless deion and his family.

Im glad that Branch is back.

Unless he falls of a cliff in terms of production, I dont see how he wont be on the roster at the start of the 2012 season. Brady will certainly lobby for his return. Branch, Lloyd, Welker and Ebert (unless hes a total bust) thats a good start to a WR corps.

Unless he falls of a cliff in terms of production, I dont see how he wont be on the roster at the start of the 2012 season. Brady will certainly lobby for his return. Branch, Lloyd, Welker and Ebert (unless hes a total bust) thats a good start to a WR corps.

7th round picks really can't be busts.

But not to derail the thread, good for Deion. I hope this gives him some peace and does some good for others as well.

I'd be pretty surprised if Ebert makes the team- he seems like a guy who has PS written all over him, as insurance against a Gonzalez injury and, longer-term, a potential Wes Welker departure in the next 1-2 years. If he does make the team, it'll likely be by beating out Edelman and Gonzalez.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back