PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: "Student Shamed over NFL Jersey"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially, I think it was wrong, but unofficially, I am laughing at the visual.

Time to sue.

When we were playing the rams in the SB when I was in high school, a kid wore a Tory Holt jersey, and he got crap too, its going to happen when your in an area of fan support of a team in the area ie. the pats...

I’m not saying that its a good thing that the kid is in the news, but he must have wanted some attention to where that jersey, i know that’s why the kid in my high school wore his Holt jersey...

That kid need to grow up and stop whining. I don't where the teacher did anything wrong.:rofl:

PatsSaintsSox said:
When we were playing the rams in the SB when I was in high school, a kid wore a Tory Holt jersey, and he got crap too, its going to happen when your in an area of fan support of a team in the area ie. the pats...

I’m not saying that its a good thing that the kid is in the news, but he must have wanted some attention to where that jersey, i know that’s why the kid in my high school wore his Holt jersey...

It's one thing for fellow students to give you a hard time because you don't follow the pack. It's a completely different thing however for a teacher to pull something like that. I have a teacher pull something like that with my son and it's lights out.

huskeralk said:
It's one thing for fellow students to give you a hard time because you don't follow the pack. It's a completely different thing however for a teacher to pull something like that. I have a teacher pull something like that with my son and it's lights out.

If I read the article correctly, it was a class on ethnicity, which supposedly deals with issues of prejudice, bigotry, etc. That was the point of the teacher doing what he did, to show how people feel when singled out.

Tunescribe said:
If I read the article correctly, it was a class on ethnicity, which supposedly deals with issues of prejudice, bigotry, etc. That was the point of the teacher doing what he did, to show how people feel when singled out.

Well, I guess if every student is subjected to it, then so be it.

PATSNUTme said:
That kid need to grow up and stop whining. I don't where the teacher did anything wrong.:rofl:

Yeah, you are sleeping in the car now for sure pal!!:mad:

I want to hug that kid..... Things like this are the reason that I get so ticked off at trolls, Sox haters and those who throw daggers at BB. I wish the kid had the strength to say "no" when the teacher told him to sit on the floor. Being treated like that is humiliating. And what is worse is that Elway has two rings and the Steelers have not won the SB since before that kid was born. If anyone treated my niece that way.......OMG would there be hell to pay!

The kid should stop whining and just be glad he doesn't go to school in Philly.....

Bill's Girl said:
Yeah, you are sleeping in the car now for sure pal!!:mad:

I want to hug that kid..... Things like this are the reason that I get so ticked off at trolls, Sox haters and those who throw daggers at BB. I wish the kid had the strength to say "no" when the teacher told him to sit on the floor. Being treated like that is humiliating. And what is worse is that Elway has two rings and the Steelers have not won the SB since before that kid was born. If anyone treated my niece that way.......OMG would there be hell to pay!

just as long as the car is in the parking lot.

From the link....

"We'll take whatever action we need to in order for the student to feel comfortable," Nugent said.

How about firing that teacher. That would be a good start.

I'm sorry but some of this sensitivity training stuff goes way over the top to make their points. This is flat out mental abuse and it shouldn't stand.

Chris said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5272442

Kinda funny but a little over the top lol..

Ok, so it was a "Ethnicity" class - the teacher seems to have used an allegory of some kind, using Sports Fanaticism in place of Racism, to give his class a lesson on irrational hatred and dicrimination. Hopefully the kids learned some valuable life lessons due to this exercise, in the way some minorities in this country have treated in the past, and in some instances still are - whether it's black-on-white discrimination, white-on-black discrimination, white-on-asian discrimination, black-on-asian, etc...

Sounds like a pretty decent teacher to me. Unfortunatly it sounds as if the student missed the point completely because he's a whiny little b**tch... :p

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
just as long as the car is in the parking lot.
HAHA, you got me there......

Seriously, you wouldn't be spitting fire if that happened to Lilnut?? Come on, I know there is a big softy under that chiseled phisque...:rolleyes:

363839 said:
From the link....

"We'll take whatever action we need to in order for the student to feel comfortable," Nugent said.

How about firing that teacher. That would be a good start.

I'm sorry but some of this sensitivity training stuff goes way over the top to make their points. This is flat out mental abuse and it shouldn't stand.

Or they could just jack the kid up with some feel-good wonder drug, so he can feel Comfortably Numb, until such time as he decides he wants to go on a shooting rampage at his school... :eek:

More hard lessons need to be taught. This is a good start. However, to keep the balance, and to remind everyone that it was a lesson rather than an endorsement, I would have given the kid the rest of the class off (or the next off).

But to coddle a 17 year old like this? That's doing far more damage than not.

Na_polian said:
Ok, so it was a "Ethnicity" class - the teacher seems to have used an allegory of some kind, using Sports Fanaticism in place of Racism, to give his class a lesson on irrational hatred and dicrimination. Hopefully the kids learned some valuable life lessons due to this exercise, in the way some minorities in this country have treated in the past, and in some instances still are - whether it's black-on-white discrimination, white-on-black discrimination, white-on-asian discrimination, black-on-asian, etc...

Sounds like a pretty decent teacher to me. Unfortunatly it sounds as if the student missed the point completely because he's a whiny little b**tch... :p

Seriously, the "lesson" idea was just the teacher's lame-ass excuse after the fact. If he had genuinely intended this as a classroom exercise the kid would have been a confederate who knew beforehand what was going to happen. And the lesson would have been about how easily we can get talked into picking on a minority group member, not "look at how we reduced your classmate to trembling misery and made him fail his test!"

As is, it's the equivalent of teaching a "lesson" in a class on on non-violence by beating a kid up. The teacher was wildly out of line.

Typical Stiller fans, they have no class... Not to many from pa do ....I could say that Im from Pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes