PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: StubHub-Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Anybody want to share their experiences with using them to get tix?

Thanks.

They've always delivered on everything they've promised when I've used them.

Ditto...if you can pay, they can deliver

They are also cheaper than the other ticket services though one time I used TicketsNow and found better prices.

Never had a problem.

They don't confirm that the people selling the tickets actually have the tickets, so sometimes it takes 24-48 hours before you get confirmation that the seller actually has them. In my view, that's the only problem -- if it's for an event that close in time, waiting for confirmation that you'll get your tickets can be a pain because you're sort of sitting there unable to make an offer on any other tickets but without confirmation. Once you get confirmation, though, they've never failed to deliver for me.

Note that some sellers now can send you the tickets electronically and stubhub has relationship with the clubs too, so you can get them quickly, so the confirmation delay is not always that significant at all. I just bought some baseball tickets this week through stub hub and got them virtually instantly via e-mail.

They did have a good variety of tickets for sale but seemed a little expensive. I ended up getting tickets off of ebay for a lower price.

Note that some sellers now can send you the tickets electronically and stubhub has relationship with the clubs too, so you can get them quickly, so the confirmation delay is not always that significant at all. I just bought some baseball tickets this week through stub hub and got them virtually instantly via e-mail.

I am always reserved about buying e-tickets like the ones that come in PDF format. There is nothing from preventing a person to print off (or email out) multiple identical tickets and of course the first person to get through the gate voids out the other identical barcodes......just something to consider when dealing with e-tickets.

I have nothing against StubHub, but I did buy tickets to a Chargers game while in San Diego and the seats weren't for the area the website said they were at. Fortunately, I was able to make my way to the field level, 30 yard line and didn't have to sit in the seats I bought. A friend, who uses them for everything, told me that I should had told them and gotten a refund or something. Thats what he has done!

I have used them a couple of times for both NFL and MLB tickets. As said, they can be quite expensive, however I was able to get to the games I wanted to see without any trouble.

For one event I was attending, I purchased the tickets about six weeks before the game and about a week before I still had not received the tickets. I phoned their call center and the representative spoke to the seller on the other line while I remained on the phone. The tickets arrived about two days later and they were actually closer to the field than what I had purchased. No complaints here.

I am always reserved about buying e-tickets like the ones that come in PDF format. There is nothing from preventing a person to print off (or email out) multiple identical tickets and of course the first person to get through the gate voids out the other identical barcodes......just something to consider when dealing with e-tickets.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Every time you print it out voids the previous bar codes (in case you lose the first print outs). So that, if you buy from StubHub, you print out the tickets, you're the only one who possesses valid tickets.

Every time you print it out voids the previous bar codes (in case you lose the first print outs). So that, if you buy from StubHub, you print out the tickets, you're the only one who possesses valid tickets.

I follow jbb but I don't follow you. He's saying that a seller with legitimate tickets from a team could make 5 copies and sell them to 5 individual people. with the exact same bar code. The first guy through ( I always get there early when using a Stub Hub or Ebay-purchased E ticket for this reason)gets in but the next one doesn't.
I went to a Red Sox game last year and that is exactly what happened to the guy seated behind me. Stubhub promises to get you in but what if it's a sold out event?? This guy couldn't get in with his family until the 5th inning...all because the seeler sold an E ticket twice....at least twice..

Last edited:
I follow jbb but I don't follow you. He's saying that a seller with legitimate tickets from a team could make 5 copies and sell them to 5 individual people. with the exact same bar code. The first guy through ( I always get there early when using a Stub Hub or Ebay-purchased E ticket for this reason)gets in but the next one doesn't.
I went to a Red Sox game last year and that is exactly what happened to the guy seated behind me. Stubhub promises to get you in but what if it's a sold out event?? This guy couldn't get in with his family until the 5th inning...all because the seeler sold an E ticket twice....at least twice..

I've never used them, but their commercials talk up their guarantee, so you should be at least able to get your money back in that case.

I almost used them last year. Less than a week before the Pats/Colts game in Indy I went on their site out of curiosity and saw tickets going for real cheap (I presume because Brady was out). But it just didn't work out (I shoulda checked sooner!)

Unless the guy who sells the tickets sells them to to someone else who prints out the tickets after you do and then that person is the only one who possesses valid tickets, and you show up at the game with a piece of scrap paper

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but my tickets that I bought through stubhub came directly by e-mail from the team itself. My suspicion is that what's happening here is that I bought the tickets from a season ticket holder, whose account allows him to have the club e-mail the tickets to someone by canceling the bar code on the tickets and resending them. So, since they came from the club itself even though I bought via stubhub, I fell pretty well protected.

I think MLB has a contract with stubhub. I've been to some stadiums that even have a stubhub pickup window next to the regular will call windows, so I think many of the "instant" tickets that stubhub sells are from the clubs directly.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but my tickets that I bought through stubhub came directly by e-mail from the team itself. My suspicion is that what's happening here is that I bought the tickets from a season ticket holder, whose account allows him to have the club e-mail the tickets to someone by canceling the bar code on the tickets and resending them. So, since they came from the club itself even though I bought via stubhub, I fell pretty well protected.

I think MLB has a contract with stubhub. I've been to some stadiums that even have a stubhub pickup window next to the regular will call windows, so I think many of the "instant" tickets that stubhub sells are from the clubs directly.

I figured that is what happened with game tix. I have a season ticket, so I'm good there.

We are trying to get Kenny Chesney tix. I just don't want to get screwed. The GF is not too keen on StubHub, that's why I wanted to hear from folks who have used them.

The whole e-ticket thing is what scares us. We always get the actual tix sent to us. We probably are worrying about something that we don't need to. This is the only year we haven't gotten tix. The only other time we didn't go was when she had emergency surgery for cancer and I sold our tix to a guy I worked with.

I want to thank all of you that resoponded. I really appreciate the feedback.

Go Pats!!!!

They've always delivered on everything they've promised when I've used them.

:ditto::agree::beersign:

Always been great... can be a bit pricey (buy, hey... it's the Pats)... just got my tix to opening day from SH yesterday.

Used StubHub twice for Pat's tickets at Buffalo. Both times no problems, and got great seats for reasonable (well below Gillette) prices.

Anybody want to share their experiences with using them to get tix?

Thanks.

used them once or twice and had no problems.

im using them again to see the pats destroy jacksonville at the Razor in December.

its going to be a bloodbath of biblical proportions.

I've never used them for the Pats but I've used them a few times for the Sox with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back