PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Still Can't Believe Welker Had 112 Receptions and 8 TD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to brag. Correction, yes, I'm bragging.

Last year there were two receivers that I was obsessed with getting. First, whenever we played the Dolphins, I would constantly harp to my dad to the point of annoyance about Wes Welker and how he could improve the Patriots because a guy like that would be a perfect match for Brady. I was openly rooting for Welker against us (in a way) just because I was in awe of his intangibles, despite having Joey Harrington on the other side of the line.

The other guy, you may have guessed, was the one and only Randy Moss. Of course, with him I can't take that much credit because we all knew what he is about.

So, no I am not that surprised that he had such a spectacular season, and I won't be surprised if he eclipses it next year.

I think most of us watched Welker in Miami and said he'd be a good fit with the Patriots, and that we wanted him. I know I made a thread on ESPN during the Dolphins 2006 matchup against the Steelers saying I thought Welker would be the perfect fit in NE. That being said, the point of this thread is that even those of us who thought he'd be a good fit didn't think he'd go for almost 1,200 yards his first season in NE, especially with 8 TD's attached.

How is a Wes Welker thread Off Topic? That's what I want to know.

LOL! I was thinking about removing that, but it's kind of off topic, as I'm asking people if his performance has sunk in yet.

If one of the Mods would like to remove the OT their more than Welcome though...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back