PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers want to keep the mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Colts go to Pitt for a playoff game and have to play on that sloppy field. Polian will have a fit :D

I hope the Colts go to Pitt for a playoff game and have to play on that sloppy field. Polian will have a fit :D
Now, that would be a game for the ages! Don't see it happening given the current records of each.

I hear the MLS is looking for another team, Steelers. Maybe you can go join them if you don't like scoring.

Now, that would be a game for the ages! Don't see it happening given the current records of each.

About the only way it could happen would be if Indy was pushed to a wild card, by losing to Jax and another. If they just lose to Jax, they would tied with each having defeated the other. Indy's 3 loses would be in conference, while Jax would only have 2 conference losses. But Indy would only have 1 division loss, while Jax would have 2.

Yea it would give that crybaby Polian a reason to lay off the Pats, but on second thought He would still blame the Patriots.

About the only way it could happen would be if Indy was pushed to a wild card, by losing to Jax and another. If they just lose to Jax, they would tied with each having defeated the other. Indy's 3 loses would be in conference, while Jax would only have 2 conference losses. But Indy would only have 1 division loss, while Jax would have 2.

Which won't happen. Indy is going to win but I'm still hoping for a loss. Regardless they'll still be #2 in the playoffs even if they did lose on Sunday.

Call me old fashion, but I believe football should be played on grass and outdoors.

And if at the end of the game your uniform is still clean you better be a kicker or a QB. And if you are a QB with a clean uniform you owe your o-line a steak dinner.

I don't think the turf had anything to do with getting stepped on.

I disagree, the player who injured him had much less ability to avoid Ricky than he would have on a clean field. Not to mention, the fumble was partially due to the conditions. If they had played the game on Fieldturf then most likely Ricky plays the Jets this week.

I disagree, the player who injured him had much less ability to avoid Ricky than he would have on a clean field. Not to mention, the fumble was partially due to the conditions. If they had played the game on Fieldturf then most likely Ricky plays the Jets this week.

It didn't look to me like he tried to "avoid" Ricky. That game could have been in a dome in Arizona and Ricky would still be stepped on :D

Last edited:
It didn't look to me like he tried to "avoid" Ricky. That game could have been in a dome in Arizona and Ricky would still be stepped on :D

The player needed to cut to the right to go after the ball on the ground. No way he could fo that in the mud, using Ricky as a stepping stone to change direction was the best way at the time. I still believe the conditions played a role.

IMO it looked like timmons could have avoided stepping on Ricky, even if it wasn't avoidable, it looked like he purposely "dug" in to Ricky's shoulder. That is unacceptable behavior and I think he deserves to be fined. On to the field issues, I personally wouldn't mind switching to field turf because I think that speedy guys like Willie parker and santonio holmes benefit from the better footing. On the other hand, I think that it does give the steelers more of a home field advantage. My take on it is that keeping the natural surface is fine, but 5 games were played on Heinz field that week, 4 high school games and one Pitt Panthers game. Pitt U needs to get their own field, and let this be solely the steeler's field, with the exception of the occasional HS playoff game.

Last edited:
I can see their point, especially the one about artificial crap being bad on the knee. Good luck to their backs and recievers trying to change direction when running though.

Ricky would rather play in three inches of weed....dude (bud light)...

An oldie but a goodie:
rickybaked.jpg

Ricky Williams stars in: Half Baked

IMO it looked like timmons could have avoided stepping on Ricky, even if it wasn't avoidable, it looked like he purposely "dug" in to Ricky's shoulder. That is unacceptable behavior and I think he deserves to be fined. On to the field issues, I personally wouldn't mind switching to field turf because I think that speedy guys like Willie parker and santonio holmes benefit from the better footing. On the other hand, I think that it does give the steelers more of a home field advantage. My take on it is that keeping the natural surface is fine, but 5 games were played on Heinz field that week, 4 high school games and one Pitt Panthers game. Pitt U needs to get their own field, and let this be solely the steeler's field, with the exception of the occasional HS playoff game.

I thought Pitt had their own field but used Heinz occasionally....just like BC occasionally uses the New Garden? As for injuries on field turf...the Pats are enjoying their first full year on field turf and have had a better (lesser) run with injuries than ever before.

I thought Pitt had their own field but used Heinz occasionally....just like BC occasionally uses the New Garden? As for injuries on field turf...the Pats are enjoying their first full year on field turf and have had a better (lesser) run with injuries than ever before.
Well, I don't live in Pitt, but I am pretty sure that they don't have a field of their own and solely use Heinz field.

Call me old fashion, but I believe football should be played on grass and outdoors.

And if at the end of the game your uniform is still clean you better be a kicker or a QB. And if you are a QB with a clean uniform you owe your o-line a steak dinner.

You are old fashion and football should be played on grass and outdoors.

I guess I'm old fashioned too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes