PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers sure are a demanding bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Someone leaked the Steelers' 17 page document which lists every little requirement the hosting hotel is expected to fulfill. It's interesting the amount of work that goes into something the fans probably never think about...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0813071steelers1.html

I'm surprised there's not a demand for extra security around the fire alarms. :D

Last edited:
Someone leaked the Steelers' 17 page document which lists every little requirement the hosting hotel is expected to fulfill. It's interesting the amount of work that goes into something the fans probably never think about...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0813071steelers1.html

I'm surprised there's not a demand for extra security around the fire alarms. :D

I agree that they go crazy in places (I love the bit describing the table settings!) but still...I'd much rather work with/for a control freak who tells me EXACTLY what they want than someone who expects me to read their mind and then starts complaining when it doesn't turn out as they wanted.

Once again, it's clear what a terrible diet NFL players eat. How on earth do they get down to 6% body fat? (Rhetorical question: don't bother to answer. :rolleyes:)

Some of the items make a lot of sense. Others are almost laughable. Like the bed check. A majority of the players on a team are adults, aren't they? OH wait, never mind (thinks of Pacman and Vick).

I think its funny that they ask for round tables and then talk about having salt and paper shakers on each side. Round tables don't have sides.

(A) If that's what the Steelers document looks like, I'd love to see what the Pats' document looks like. :D

(B) Take a look at this page:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0813071steelers16.html

and see if you can spot the obvious, glaring error. :)

There isn't an error on that page. That is a SAMPLE. Its one that they have provided in the past. That happens to be their 2005 roster.

Yes, I know Joey Porter is on there. If you look, so is Matt Kranchick (page 15). As is Chad Scott.

They are samples so the hotel staff understands what they should look like.

There isn't an error on that page. That is a SAMPLE. Its one that they have provided in the past. That happens to be their 2005 roster.

Yes, I know Joey Porter is on there. If you look, so is Matt Kranchick (page 15). As is Chad Scott.

They are samples so the hotel staff understands what they should look like.

And don't forget Jerome Bettis at the bottom right corner.

Hint: The error isn't in the roster they list.

They must not be paying any discount rates to be that demanding of a hotel.

This is pretty standard. It's how we traveled at Michigan, and it's how most NFL teams travel (from my experiences with the league.)

It's not overly excessive. It's actually important that the hotel be compliant, because things can get out of hand fast.

Heh,

Well, It seems real enough to me. If this document is a fake, then someone's done their homework.

I workd as a roadie for a number of years with some big time shows (way back in the day, but stillll). They had even more demanding cr@p listed. One group demanded 27 italian sandwiches be delivered exactly 2 hours before their soundcheck, and listed the ingredients and the exact amount of each per sandwich.

They'd have lists of how may cokes, how many sprites, how many bottles of booze and what type and where to deliver them.

Sometimes it made me wonder what planet these guys lived on.

Ah well....

Respects,

Hate to be an equip. guy eating out of styrofoam all of the time, jeez!

Heh,

Well, It seems real enough to me. If this document is a fake, then someone's done their homework.

I workd as a roadie for a number of years with some big time shows (way back in the day, but stillll). They had even more demanding cr@p listed. One group demanded 27 italian sandwiches be delivered exactly 2 hours before their soundcheck, and listed the ingredients and the exact amount of each per sandwich.

They'd have lists of how may cokes, how many sprites, how many bottles of booze and what type and where to deliver them.

Sometimes it made me wonder what planet these guys lived on.

Ah well....

Respects,

There's always the equipment riders too. Advancing those is a trip.

"No I'm sorry. Those $68,000.00 consoles just won't do. Don't you have any of those $120,000.00 models?"

"How about these $82,000.00 models?"

"Yuck!"

(A) If that's what the Steelers document looks like, I'd love to see what the Pats' document looks like. :D

(B) Take a look at this page:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0813071steelers16.html

and see if you can spot the obvious, glaring error. :)

I believe that if that is a sample 'alphabetical ' list, I'd like to see their 'numerical' list........

I found it interesting that they had their Gatorade shipped in. I wonder if they are worried about tampering......

Last edited:
Hate to be an equip. guy eating out of styrofoam all of the time, jeez!

The equipment guys eat good! I work on occassion in the visitor's lockerroom in Detroit. We set the room up when the team comes in on Saturday, get it ready Sunday morning with the equipment staff, and then when the players come, head out on the field and catch punts. After the game we load their bags on the truck.

In the mornings, the equipment guys send an intern out for breakfast, and we eat it in the lockerroom. The teams have catered meals for after the game, and we always snag 2 or 3 boxes of them. Not to mention the lockerrooms stocked with large fridges full of soda, Gatorade, and water, it's not too bad.

I believe that if that is a sample 'alphabetical ' list, I'd like to see their 'numerical' list........

You can... it's on the previous page, page 15. Their numerical list is in reverse-alphabetical order. That's the problem ctpatsfan77 is pointing out, that some here are missing. Their alphabetical room list example is sorted by room number, and their numerical room list example is sorted alphabetically.

Worse than that, even. The "numerical room list" (which is really alphabetical) starts with Williams and end with Bell, in reverse alphabetical order. Except they can't alphabetize correctly... Mahan is between Reed and Polamalu. And Gardocki is between Scott and Riemersma.

Wonder how many hotel people have noticed this and quietly chuckle to themselves what idiots the Steelers are, as they are being bossed around by team people on gameday?

Last edited:
I found it interesting that they had their Gatorade shipped in. I wonder if they are worried about tampering......

Or maybe they just get it for free or at cost since I think Gatorade is an official NFL sponsor.

They must not be paying any discount rates to be that demanding of a hotel.

Many high-end business hotels are mostly empty on weekends. The rooms plus the meeting rooms plus the meals make it worth the hotel's while even if they are giving a discount. Plus if it's a city in the AFC North you can figure on a yearly repeat if you do a good job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing