PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steeler's Parker out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
They just announced that Steeler's RB Parker broke his fibula. He will be out for the season.

They were hurting enough. That sinks their ship.

They just announced that Steeler's RB Parker broke his fibula. He will be out for the season.

wow thats a huge blow for them..

Steelers missing Parker, Colts missing Freeney and Harrison...

Looks like the Pats' amazing season just got better odds.

This could affect us - if SD and Pitt win out then Pitt is the #4 seed who we'd play in our first playoff game if both home teams win in the wild card weekend.

Steelers are still leading Rams 31-17 in Q3. It would be really nice if the Rams could win and get behind us on draft day, but I don't think the Rams can or will do it.

Davenport has actually put together a solid game in his absence, almost 100 yards rushing and a TD, and two big catches, including one for the TD. I wouldn't worry too much if I were the Steelers.

Steelers are still leading Rams 31-17 in Q3. It would be really nice if the Rams could win and get behind us on draft day, but I don't think the Rams can or will do it.

It's 31-24 now.

Davenport has actually put together a solid game in his absence, almost 100 yards rushing and a TD, and two big catches, including one for the TD. I wouldn't worry too much if I were the Steelers.
I would worry, but not because of Davenport. That "best defense in the nfl" is looking pretty terrible lately. MAYBE it's because they played so many weak teams earlier in the season. MAYBE.

Last edited:
get better, willie! i hate injuries

Stick a fork in the Squeelers. They be done.

I wish no injuries on any player even the Donkies who I detest but its part of the game.
We lost our leading rusher at the time in Sammy Morris and yet have adjusted and continted to win. Why is this different? Look at who we won SB's with at RB and DB in the past due to injurues. That's why you have 50+ players on the team.
Unless its your starting QB who is the leader there are no excuses imo.

This is a big loss for the Steelers. With Parker they were the 5th best team in the AFC. Without Parker, they fall to the 5th best team in the AF..wait nevermind.

Big blow, and not one I'd wish on any team.... even the Colts.

I do agree, that their defense should be a bigger concern though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back