PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers look totally unimpressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Against a good Jaguars squad. Roethlisberger is definitely not back in top form yet. And the Dolphins thought it was a good thing that they simply played that team tough? Between what Pittsburgh is showing tonight, and what Buffalo did to them on Sunday, the Dolphins have the look of a 4-12 team.

Lets see what that moron of Bettis says about them... Probably the "Ben was sick and hurt and rusty and... " lame excuse... If he is dressed to play, he is ready to play...

I like Jack Del Rio a lot. He showed a lot of class by not running it in for a TD to run up the score. The Jaguars are now officially on the map. If they beat the Colts...

No, the Jaguars are freaking awesome. Defensively they are brutal and nasty. I hope Peyton gets the holy hell kicked out of him.

These Jaguars...certainly arent the Jaguars that lost to us 28-3. I said before the season and predicted that the Jaguars will win the AFC South over the Colts. Lets see if the prediction holds true...I like the chances.

Last edited:
Richter said:
Against a good Jaguars squad. Roethlisberger is definitely not back in top form yet. And the Dolphins thought it was a good thing that they simply played that team tough? Between what Pittsburgh is showing tonight, and what Buffalo did to them on Sunday, the Dolphins have the look of a 4-12 team.

This is what happens when the officials don't hand you the win. :p

Last edited:
We go up 24-zip and hold off a late rally, the Steelers scored ZERO points tonight - yeah, we have room to complain :rolleyes:

The Jags do look really, really good. I, too, am pulling for them over the Colts. The season is still quite young, but count on the Jags as a contender.

I also noted the class of kneeling on the ball and not going for a TD.

Ben never plays well in his 1st games coming off injuries.

Cowher is starting to revert to his un-Belichick form. Two bad challenges, one the ref talked him out of, and in his post game he basically threw his receivers under the bus saying if not for a few drops early on Ben might have gotten a rhythm...he had quite a rhythm with Rasheen Mathis.

Steelers had only 9 first downs. NONE were rushing first downs. Has this ever happened ever ?

Rookie wall for Parker ? Only 26 yards.

R

Kdo5 said:
No, the Jaguars are freaking awesome. Defensively they are brutal and nasty. I hope Peyton gets the holy hell kicked out of him.

These Jaguars...certainly arent the Jaguars that lost to us 28-3. I said before the season and predicted that the Jaguars will win the AFC South over the Colts. Lets see if the prediction holds true...I like the chances.
I also had the Jags winning that division. They showed tonight they could totally stop the run. No rushing first downs and 26 total rushing yards? We'll see what they do against Payton's passing. On the other hand, Pittsburgh has a better defense then the Colts, and the Jags might beat up those Colt defensive backs with those big wideouts. Anyway, another one bites the dust. Week three is looking bigger all the time.

they looked bad against miami, and barely beat them. Anyone can look good against a weak miami dolphins

maxhagen said:
Lets see what that moron of Bettis says about them... Probably the "Ben was sick and hurt and rusty and... " lame excuse... If he is dressed to play, he is ready to play...

The thing is, Ben was sick, hurt & rusty. I cringed for him several times while the Jaguars (who look awesome on D) were drilling him into the ground. Why the hell would Bill Cowher put him in that condition into that game when Charlie Batch played pretty decently last week? Why not take him out at half time? He couldn't throw deep and they knew it! You could certainly couch it in terms of he tweaked HIS TWO WEEK OLD APPENDECTOMY and therefore, we didn't want to chance further injury. Instead they did just that, ended up with an embarassing loss, and for what? That was the worst coaching I have seen in a long time. And someone here said he threw the receivers under the bus? He should throw himself under the bus for putting Big Ben into that game.

THe offense might have looked bad. But the Defense still looked good. Even with a banged up Troy. The jags are definetly a good team, it will be interesting to see what they can do against a really good offense next week.

Kdo5 said:

I picked the Jags to win the AFCS. The Colts are ready to fall. They should have been demolished by the Giants; but the Giants kept shooting themselves in both feet. Still they showed that the Colts have no defense and no running game. A pass offense alone doesn't get you very far.

They have zero depth and many, many first string starting holes...

njpatsfan said:
Steelers had only 9 first downs. NONE were rushing first downs. Has this ever happened ever ?

Rookie wall for Parker ? Only 26 yards.

R

not a rookie wall for Parker--an excellent game by Del Rio and tha Jags D

Pitt has been held without a rushing 1st down only twice before in the franchise history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back