PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers being "class of AFC" already = Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your long line of injuries is a one hour wait compared to our two hour wait with a 6'5" height limit. :cool:

It seems to be happening to everyone this year. The fact the Titans are the "best" team right now by record is just mind boggling at this point. Heck anyone could win it all this year as long as their QB can stand upright. Tampa Bay? Man, what a crazy year.

It seems to be happening to everyone this year. The fact the Titans are the "best" team right now by record is just mind boggling at this point. Heck anyone could win it all this year as long as their QB can stand upright. Tampa Bay? Man, what a crazy year.

You know it's a crazy year when the Arizona Cardinals are playing as well as they are.

Pitt has one of the worst OLs in all of football-Big Ben is getting hit almost every other play.

They'll win their division largely due to the competition, but with their OL, I doubt they will go very far.

Pitt has one of the worst OLs in all of football-Big Ben is getting hit almost every other play.

They'll win their division largely due to the competition, but with their OL, I doubt they will go very far.

Really, if you take away the single game meltdown against the Eagles, it isn't as bad as it looks on paper.

There was 8 sacks in the Philly game. 2 in each game prior, 3 in each game after, then 0 in the Bengals game. We've let up a total of 19 including the one that leftwich was sacked on.

Meanwhile, our Defense has recorded 25 total sacks. So that either means the O-lines of the other teams we've played really suck, or that our O-line had one horrible game and have been on average with the rest of the league since.

"Really, if you take away the single game meltdown against the Eagles, it isn't as bad as it looks on paper.

There was 8 sacks in the Philly game. 2 in each game prior, 3 in each game after, then 0 in the Bengals game. We've let up a total of 19 including the one that leftwich was sacked on.

Meanwhile, our Defense has recorded 25 total sacks. So that either means the O-lines of the other teams we've played really suck, or that our O-line had one horrible game and have been on average with the rest of the league since."

Sorry chief, that's two games vs the NFC East where your QB got manhandled; your O line looked like swiss cheese today. And your D coughed up a fur ball and lost the game for you.

Calling that team and that QB the class of the AFC is comical.

Ravens are now tied record-wise with the Steelers and still have another match up against them this season.

Steelers better make sure they can remain the class of their own division, let alone conference this season.

Taking the homer glasses off, this is a fun and exciting season for football fans. No longer is the AFC all about the Colts and Pats, which surely pleases the parity-seeking NFL management team. It surely must please those who were whining as far back as 2003 with statements such as 'I'm tired of always seeing the Patriots' as the Pats were headed towards a second SB appearance in three years.

If there's anybody that is the class of the AFC right now, surely it is the Titans. The one weakness I thought they may have was their passing game, but that's what they used to beat the Bears yesterday. Still a whole lot of great football to be played but right now Tennessee is alone at the top, with a bunch of teams on the next tier, including the Steelers, Pats and Jets.

Sorry chief, that's two games vs the NFC East where your QB got manhandled; your O line looked like swiss cheese today. And your D coughed up a fur ball and lost the game for you.

Calling that team and that QB the class of the AFC is comical.

What's comical is the fact you missed that I never called the Steelers the "class of the AFC" well unless you're counting Titles. Then they are.

But as for this season, what has sucked as a Steelers fan is seeing our Effing Offense not do enough to win games. Our Defense is ridiculously good. But our offense, QB, WRs, RBs, OL and O Coordinator always seem to find a way to blow a freaking lead or not score when we really need them to. Freaking 3rd and goal against the Colts from the 1 and a Rookie makes the play for the Colts on defense and we settle for 3.

And freaking Ben...jeeeezus...3rd and 2, from our own 18 with under 2 mins to play in the half and he throws a freaking interceptions. Nice head Lettuce.

Anyway...Titans are still the "class" of the AFC, because until they lose, the are the "best" team in the NFL. 9-0 is what it is. we are 6-3, Not happy about it, 7-2 or 8-1 would be better considering we had both the Giants and the Colts beat and blew it. But I'll just watch as we attempt to redeem ourselves vs the Chargers and not allow the Bolts to springboard their season off a win over us, kind of like the Colts now hope to do.

Ravens I had as a wild card team anyway, I knew the Browns were a chump and the Bengals were bad. So I had the Ravens making a good run this year, their D always gets them wins but had I forseen Flacco being as effecient as he is, I would have given them even more credit.

The Cardinals are doing great, but the suprise team to me is the Falcons. How the heck they are 6-3 is mind blowing. Wow at the NFC being totally wide open this year. Yeah, the Giants are good, but it won't be an easy run to the SB in the NFC for sure.

Oh, and I have Favre on my fantasy team tonight, so I don't care if you guys win or not (actually please do to shut up Jets fans) but Don't pick him off too much if that's ok. I'd appreciate it.

The Steelers are truly not the class of the AFC. What a hell of a game last night, everyone thought the Chargers were going to be blown away by the "mighty" Steelers, nope, 11-10...what kind of friggen score is that! I'm proud of the Chargers D, not allowing a TD and sacking Ben 4 times! The Bolts aren't done yet, we got 3 home games in a row and are looking to bounce back (hopefully):rolleyes: I still have faith in my team. Wow the Jets are in 1st place:eek: Thought that day would never come, way to go Bret!!

The Steelers are truly not the class of the AFC. What a hell of a game last night, everyone thought the Chargers were going to be blown away by the "mighty" Steelers, nope, 11-10...what kind of friggen score is that! I'm proud of the Chargers D, not allowing a TD and sacking Ben 4 times! The Bolts aren't done yet, we got 3 home games in a row and are looking to bounce back (hopefully):rolleyes: I still have faith in my team. Wow the Jets are in 1st place:eek: Thought that day would never come, way to go Bret!!

410 yards offense to 214 yards
Chargers had 66 total yards rushing
Hines Ward had more receiving yards than your top 4 receivers combined.

Lucky for you, my offense was inept in the redzone. Its the only reason this game was close.

For the record, the Titans are still the "class" of the AFC. 10-0 is what it is.

Roethlisberger compounds the O line's issues by holding onto the ball too long to come up w/ the big play. Even when there's nothing but green in front of him, he will take off only to try to create room downfield for his wideouts. He won't take the checkdowns, nor will he just take off and get the big gains running w/ the ball (if I were to guess, I'd say his hesitation of running is due to the sore shoulder). I admit the line has had some bad outings, but they also have given Big Ben ample time to throw MANY times this season, only to see him hold onto the ball and get crushed.

Thing is, the Steelers understand that's how he plays and they allow it to continue.

For the record, all the Talking heads on the Sports Shows now are saying that the JETS are the Class of the AFC.

"For the record, all the Talking heads on the Sports Shows now are saying that the JETS are the Class of the AFC."

At this stage of the game, who can argue with that, they beat us and the Titans back to back on the road. Come playoff time, we'll see what happens. The Colts could be a sleeper and if the Patriots get in, so could they. They have, have, HAVE to win this Sunday vs the Stoolers and basically win out to finish 12-4, they'd be the number four seed behind the Titans, Jets and whoever wins the West. After the first round of the playoffs when the West winner gets bounced, they'd be the #3 team and play the Jets on the road.

Here's hoping everything stays to form as if it does, it will be fun if nothing else, we'll be playing with house money and the pressure is all on the drama queen..................

So I'm guessing the Class of the AFC title goes back to the Titans with the Jets getting their butts wooped at home.

"So I'm guessing the Class of the AFC title goes back to the Titans with the Jets getting their butts wooped at home."

Nope, the class of the AFC is the Steelers, I see them playing at home vs the Colts in the AFCCG, that was a massacre today, they have a dominating defense.

Offense wins games, defense wins championships, the Steelers are the class of the AFC.....................

I'm a huge Steeler fan, and would love to agree with you. I still have reservations about the Steelers because of some offensive problems. I think they get dominated when teams have a good "d".

"I'm a huge Steeler fan, and would love to agree with you. I still have reservations about the Steelers because of some offensive problems. I think they get dominated when teams have a good "d"."

Point taken, but whose "D" scares you out of the six teams that will be in the AFC playoffs if the season ended today; Titans, please, Jets, double please, Colts, let's not even go there, Broncos, do they even have a Defense?, Ravens; these ain't the 1999 Ravens, no worries man, you guys are lock, they manhandled the Patriots yesterday, who are clearly on the way down in serious need of rebuilding..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes