PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Steelers beaten twice in the season crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaBrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I hope you all noticed the BS stat that ESPN and NBC kept on feeding us yesterday and today. The one which has Jax do something so unprecedented! Beat the Steelers TWICE in the same season!

So I decided to check this idiotic statistic. Well just last year Baltimore beat Steelers twice. I guess the stat is "beating Steelers TWICE in the same season AT Pittsburg". Now the question is, how often does 1 team play the Steelers TWICE in the season at Pittsburg??? Considering that the team would have to make the playoffs and goto Pitt (which mean Steelers are higher seeded and probably a better team). This stat is just so BS!

Last edited:
I hope you all noticed the BS stat that ESPN and NBC kept on feeding us yesterday and today. The one which has Jax do something so unprecedented! Beat the Steelers TWICE in the same season!

So I decided to check this idiotic statistic. Well just last year Baltimore beat Steelers twice. I guess the stat is "beating Steelers TWICE in the same season AT Pittsburg". Now the question is, how often does 1 team play the Steelers TWICE in the season at Pittsburg??? Considering that the team would have to make the playoffs and goto Pitt (which mean Steelers are higher seeded and probably a better team). This stat is just so BS!

Pats lost to Pitt in 2004 reg season, then beat them in playoffs. It's a junk stat, kind of like night games vs. day games or Mon. night vs. Sunday.

it just goes to show how anything can be twisted and construed to meet any purpose

It's lost AT HOME twice in same season.

edit: as you noted but that's not crap then. It's a FACT.

Last edited:
It's lost AT HOME twice in same season.

edit: as you noted but that's not crap then. It's a FACT.

but its almost nearly impossible to play the same team twice at home in the same season. matter of fact the record could have apply to almost any team (majority of teams haven't loss twice at home in same season).

The only way it can happen is to play them in the reg. season and then the playoffs. I'm sure they've played teams 2x at home in the past. I looked it up. This scenario has happened a grand total of 2x. In 1978 they lost to the Oilers at home. And, beat them AFCCG. Then in 01 they lost to the Ravens at home during reg. season. Then beat them in div. round. We know who beat them next.

FYI this is a great site to look stuff like that up on. Has records for every team.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf

How long did the correlation between Superbowl results and DJIA last? I forgot, but it did run quite a bit, 13 years or more? (If AFC or former AFL teams won, it would be a bad year for DJIA).

How long did the correlation between the fashion-of-the-year skirt hemline with the stock market last during the Depression?

When there are so few events, any correlation can happen and people put them up just for BS discussion.
Just like one should not feed the troll, we should just ignore those stupidities put out by ESPN and the so-called media...

Here is a secret: The Patriots dynasty began at a special phase of the El Nino and the Sunspot cycle, in conjunction with the Sept 11 Event. That's the reason the Patriots could overcome the 14-points underdog in the SB.

A coincident of cosmic events will occur again in 2011, which may harbinger the end of the Patriots dynasty.

Sign

Nostradamus

i just checked. 4 Times NE played the same team at home twice. All four times NE won both games.

How long did the correlation between Superbowl results and DJIA last? I forgot, but it did run quite a bit, 13 years or more? (If AFC or former AFL teams won, it would be a bad year for DJIA).

How long did the correlation between the fashion-of-the-year skirt hemline with the stock market last during the Depression?

When there are so few events, any correlation can happen and people put them up just for BS discussion.
Just like one should not feed the troll, we should just ignore those stupidities put out by ESPN and the so-called media...

Here is a secret: The Patriots dynasty began at a special phase of the El Nino and the Sunspot cycle, in conjunction with the Sept 11 Event. That's the reason the Patriots could overcome the 14-points underdog in the SB.

A coincident of cosmic events will occur again in 2011, which may harbinger the end of the Patriots dynasty.

Sign

Nostradamus

Little known fact. The game after 2 JETS crashed into 2 GIANT buildings in NEW YORK beginning an surge of PATRIOTIC fever, a JET named Mo Lewis crashed in to PATRIOT named Bledsoe, beginning a surge of PATRIOT winning and JET and GIANT post-season irrelevance.

Sign

Nostradamus

AHHHH. Nosty!!

The Steelers still have an undefeated playoff record at home in years they didn't make the playoffs. Beat that!

They ARE who we thought they were.
Hope they enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots