PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stanford just beat USC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urban Meyers is a ******* dumbass. How the **** did he let 30 seconds drain from the clock with 3 TOs. What a moron!

I think Tebow was officially exposed last night too. At some point a QB has to be able to complete a few passes in crunchtime, right? Meyer runs a gimmick offense with Tebow - act like you're handing off and either release the ball or keep it. THAT IS THE WHOLE OFFENSE. With a minute left Tebow couldn't hit a receiver to save his life. Tebow was a good change-of-pace guy with Leak around but all he'll turn out to be is a 1-trick pony.

Looks like the 'Canes' 58-game home win streak is safe for the forseeable future.

USC was a 41 pt favorite.

:eek: . It's been an amazing weekend for sports results. England and France, who won against Australia and New Zealand in the Rugby world cup finals, were heavy underdogs yesterday.

sorry deleted my post , it was in a wrong thread

Last edited:
Jim
Harbaugh

The story I heard this morning was that Harbaugh 'threw the gauntlet down' and mocked USC at the PAC 10 pre-season press conference, anointing them 'the best team ever before they ever played a game"...At least his team backed it up......Are we sure they didn't sneak Elway back in to QB last night??????

At this point just about ANY team could knock off a top 5 team in the country.

Seriously though, Boston College control their own destiny if LSU goes on to lose tonight.
Seriously, though, BC is ridiculously overrated. They haven't played a single team currently in the top-25. Hell, as of today, they haven't even played a single team that currently is even within shouting distance of the top-25. I believe Wake Forest has 2 or 3 points or something like that in the "Others Receiving Votes" category. That's BC toughest opponent thus far.

They'll choke away a game everyone expects them to win again like they did against Syracuse a couple of years ago.

Last edited:
They'll choke away a game everyone expects them to win again like they did against Syracuse a couple of years ago.

The new coach doesn't do that. That was a staple of the O'Brien era.

Georgia Tech and Wake Forest were both in the top 25 when they beat them, by the way. Tech was actually ranked higher than BC at the time.

Last edited:
BC will lose to VT. Winning at Lane Stadium at night is near-impossible for ANY visiting team.

Right. If you watched them all the time then you'll know that those games they choked in were a result of Tom O'Brien's terrible coaching. Thankfully he is gone. With Jags we are 6-0. I am absolutely sure that if O'Brien was coaching we'd have at least lost 2 games so far.

The new coach doesn't do that. That was a staple of the O'Brien era.

Georgia Tech and Wake Forest were both in the top 25 when they beat them, by the way. Tech was actually ranked higher than BC at the time.
BFD. Michigan opened the season at #5 and Louisville was #10. How does it matter where these teams were..?

I said it before and I guess I have to say it again... BC's most impressive win thus far is their win over Wake Forest, who currently has something like 3 points in the "Others Receiving Votes" category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back