PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stanback to run wildcat for Pete Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Stanback eager to compete | Seattle Seahawks - The News Tribune

Interesting article from a Washington paper on former Patriot Isaiah Stanback, who is on the bubble looking for a roster spot with the Seahawks. He talks about the difficulty in transitioning from quarterback to receiver, specifically the difference in footwork as well as seeing the field differently.

Pete Carroll also hinted Stanback could be used in a wildcat formation.

"I’ve had great respect for his ability, his all-around athleticism,” Carroll said. “He has terrific speed and explosion.” ... “He can offer some help to do some things if we needed it at the quarterback spot to salvage a few situations,” Carroll said, adding that he was “anxious to see what he offers us.”

Why is Pete Carroll going to run the wildcat?

Stanback does not have much wiggle in his running.

If he did ... he would still be a WR over here with us.

Why is Pete Carroll going to run the wildcat?

That's Pete just trying to put his stamp on things as a new HC. It may or may not last, nut hey... Seattle fans are hoping for change, you know? :rolleyes:

Better than running away from the consequences at USC, at least.

He is still doing that, and trying to throw other schools under the bus in his wake.

He is still doing that, and trying to throw other schools under the bus in his wake.

Did you see his comments on TV tonight? Unreal. he talked about how angry and disappointed he was at the situation, and distanced himself from and responsibility for the events that transpired while HE WAS HEAD COACH.

If I was Seattle's GM (or a player) I'd be wondering what kind of coach I just got. Seems like he'll be happy to toss others under the bus when stuff happens. He may end up making Rex Ryan look like the pinnacle of inspired leadership. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes