PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sox pick up Hee Seop Choi off waivers!!

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
The Dodgers released him so Nomar could play 1st. Nomar keeps helping the Sox unintentionally! It is absolutely mind-boggling that every other team didn't claim him before the Sox did.

He is only 27, and has moved around a lot. In 2004 with Florida before he was traded to LA, he hit 15HR, .270 BA, .388 OBP, in 281 at-bats. He's like Bellhorn - great eye, holes in his swing - but he hits with power. If Papa Jack fixes the holes in his swing, PECOTA projects his potential to be David Ortiz in 2003. His fielding percentage is ridiculous - with Florida he made 721 plays at 1st with only 8 errors, for a fielding percentage of 99%. He could be a young Tino Martinez - solid D, 20homers, and a tough out in the 6-8 spot.

He only costs 750k as well. I see Lowell or Snow being traded away by June.

If this doesn't belong here, I'll move it to somewhere else. Just wanted to share the good news.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
The Dodgers released him so Nomar could play 1st. Nomar keeps helping the Sox unintentionally! It is absolutely mind-boggling that every other team didn't claim him before the Sox did.

He is only 27, hits around .260, but has an OBP over .360. He's like Bellhorn - great eye, holes in his swing - but he hits with power. If Papa Jack fixes the holes in his swing, PECOTA projects his potential to be David Ortiz in 2003. His fielding percentage is ridiculous - he only made 2 errors out of over 600 chances, something crazy like a .997 percentage. He could be a young Tino Martinez.

He only costs 750k as well. I see Lowell or Snow being traded away by June.

If this doesn't belong here, I'll move it to somewhere else. Just wanted to share the good news.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz ... Huh? Say what? Oh ... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

Tunescribe said:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz ... Huh? Say what? Oh ... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

You are such a fricken blowhard, kill joy! Ask me again, why I said no to the "carpool." I could give a flying fig about the cheerleader thread, but I am not in there screwing others out of their good time! Cripes, grow the hell up!

Lowell is now on a very short leash. If he struggles offensively, Youkillis moves to third and Snow and Choi platoon at first.

A wise move for the Sox that has no downside - as Choi still has minor league options as well.

Bill's Girl said:
You are such a fricken blowhard, kill joy! Ask me again, why I said no to the "carpool." I could give a flying fig about the cheerleader thread, but I am not in there screwing others out of their good time! Cripes, grow the hell up!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... Uh, what the ... ? Oh ... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

JoeSixPat said:
Lowell is now on a very short leash. If he struggles offensively, Youkillis moves to third and Snow and Choi platoon at first.

A wise move for the Sox that has no downside - as Choi still has minor league options as well.

Didn't the Sox want to trade for him a few years ago?? I am thinking he was a trade deadline guy who went from the Marlins to LA the year the fish won the WS, 2003......

ya

Bill's Girl said:
:rofl: :rocker:

anyway maverick if you want to talk sox there is a site that patsfans joined up with (the sox board he basically moved over there) and that's:

http://www.talksox.com/forum/index.php

We'll see what happens, but Lowell looks really slow right now (like playing underwater) so i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't take long to throw youk over to 3rd and throw him at first with Snow as a back-up!

mtbykr said:

anyway maverick if you want to talk sox there is a site that patsfans joined up with (the sox board he basically moved over there) and that's:

We'll see what happens, but Lowell looks really slow right now (like playing underwater) so i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't take long to throw youk over to 3rd and throw him at first with Snow as a back-up!

Hmmm - there's a Red Sox forum on our board, but no Patriots forum on that board. What do you make of that?

Whoop-deeeee-frikkin-do! :rocker:

More important ...

Where is the ex-Boston Braves Board??? Hmmmmn?

JoeSixPat said:
Hmmm - there's a Red Sox forum on our board, but no Patriots forum on that board. What do you make of that?

The bigger question is: Why do Desperate Housewives fans continually insist on posting about them OFF TOPIC in the Patriots forum when they have THEIR VERY OWN FORUM on this messageboard in which such trivialities are entirely ON TOPIC? I mean, if I want to cruise speed bumps I'll drive over to the nearest strip mall ...

Last edited:
excellent pickup.

I think that this Red Sox news is great for some people. Personally, I could give a great big flying **** about it and hope ,no I pray, that I don't see anymore of it. But that's just me.

mtbykr said:

Sorry just noticed you are already a member over there--i'll shut up now :D

AzPatsFan said:
More important ...

What? No love for the Pilgrims?

AzPatsFan said:
More important ...

How's Sam Jethro looking this year? I think he will raise his OBP.

Last edited:
shmessy said:
How's Sam Jethro looking this year? I think he will raise his OBP.

I'd rather hear about Jethro Tull.

Tunescribe said:
I'd rather hear about Jethro Tull.

Perhaps you didn't get the joke?

shmessy said:
Perhaps you didn't get the joke?

I assume that most anything in a Desperate Housewives thread has some element of "joke" attached. Meanwhile, you might want to check out:

http://jethrotull.com/

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back