Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Sox Coverage

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by bobgeorge, Oct 9, 2008.

1. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Moderator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For those of you who are Sox fans and don't post on our Red Sox board, I wanted to invite you to check out my personal Sox page, back up after a nine-month hiatus following a server crash. I will be covering the Sox again through the postseason, then return for my Patriots coverage on this site.

My first of two ALCS preview articles: Boston Red Sox Baseball -- Tampa Bay Makes Debut On Big Stage

My Red Sox site: BOSSPORTS -- Boston Red Sox Baseball

Hope you all enjoy these compelling sports stories, that being the Pats trying to succeed without Brady and the Sox trying to repeat as champs for the first time in 92 years.

Bob G
  2. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Whoever gave this thread one star is an ass, plain and simple.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +489 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

I'm the second to give it one star, so you're welcome to call me an ass as well. :singing: But you really should call Bob George an ass, for nearly always giving the Patriots a negative spin in his so-called "columns," and knowing damn well that anyone who wants to read about the Bankofamericasox will go to this message board's baseball forum. Why he's associated with Patsfans.com has yet to be explained or justified.
  4. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Damn.... Dem sounds like fightin' words.
  5. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,047 / 25 / -46

No Jersey Selected

He rallies 'round your family... with a pocket full of shells.
  6. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Screw baseball - Baseball sucks - There is only 1 REAL Sport and that is Football

Plain and simple,and count me as an ass as well
  7. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I think it would be wise for some of you to realize bobgeorge does a whole lot for this site's main page and is of administrator status.
  8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think most of us respect Bobs work here but reallly nothing regarding anything baseball should ever find itself in the football forum

If people enjoy the baseball Sox forum then more power to them and good luck to the Bosox but if this were a post from Joe Schmoe it would have been moved to that forum 12 hours ago.
  9. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

Amen to that. Whether you like his writing style or you disagree with his opinions, he's been here since the inception of the site and has been a big part of a lot of the content that's been posted on the main portion of the site for nearly 10 years. He was also a fan contributor for Patriots Football Weekly many years ago along with a couple of other publications.

A lot of effort has gone into this site and he's been a huge part of it. Both Bob and Kevin actually have a pretty good readership, as there is actually a fairly high-percentage of people (if you can believe it) who check the site frequently but don't even view the forum. They both simply contribute and help out because they like doing it.

This isn't a paying gig for any of us, so hopefully you keep that in mind.

Hopefully I just covered it.

Ian
  10. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

GO SOX!

10 characters
  11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

That's all well and good... but not close to covering IT. Certainly doesn't explain why he put you and the mods in a position where you have to play the special card because he did something you've been trying to get everyone else here to stop doing for over a year now...

It just underscores how we do really struggle with the concept of rules here...;)
  12. wizwor

wizwor Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't read Bob just because of the way his works are linked -- teaser to a couple hops. I understand that's how the blog software works, but he could post something more then link or just post here.

Posting Red Sox stuff here is something that annoys the haters, so Bob should have expected to get blasted for PROMOTING his RS site here.

Of course, getting his lame site back up after 9 mos says band wagoner to most of us. Blaming it on a server is weak.

Before this thread gets moved or locked, I'd like to appreciate Terry Francona for his handling of Timlin. I hate to use the word class on a football forum, but Tito is one classy guy!

Go Sox! Go Pats! Go away Bob George!
  13. Amazedbyitallin07

Amazedbyitallin07 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not really, especially since the local pro football team choked and gagged on the biggest potential win in football history.

The Sox and Pats have switched roles. The former have become cold-blooded mercenaries who operate on the highest level, whereas the latter have become stubborn and obtuse, exemplified by their insistance on throwing the ball down after down during the season's first 10 minutes, with a gimpy QB that had not played all preseason.

I'm a huge fan of both, but the Sox have once again stolen the show, and deservedly so.
  14. patriotspride

patriotspride Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

calling someone a ass because they dont share your opinion is truly being a ass.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008