PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT (sortof) - Can someone help me with a report...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have to write a speech. Sounds easy enough... but I happen to have a... very hard teacher to put it nicely.
I have to write out an outline about my speech, incluiding reverences, sources, and also statistics.
My speech is a congradulation speech for Tom Brady's third superbowl victory (which, im acting happens this upcoming year).

What I need help with is a few quotes from some football guru's, such as Al Michaels, or John Madden, or maybe from other superbowl MVP's. It would be awsome if anyone can help me out... my report is due tommarow during the day, and iv got all night to work on it.

fleabassist1 said:
I have to write a speech. Sounds easy enough... but I happen to have a... very hard teacher to put it nicely.
I have to write out an outline about my speech, incluiding reverences, sources, and also statistics.
My speech is a congradulation speech for Tom Brady's third superbowl victory (which, im acting happens this upcoming year).

What I need help with is a few quotes from some football guru's, such as Al Michaels, or John Madden, or maybe from other superbowl MVP's. It would be awsome if anyone can help me out... my report is due tommarow during the day, and iv got all night to work on it.

I'd like to help you with some "reverences" for the "congradulations" speech, but since your report is "tommarow" perhaps it would be most "awsome" if you began with a dictionary.

Last edited:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051107/SPORTS03/511070370/1004/SPORTS

"They're the two best quarterbacks in the league,'' said John Madden, analyst for ABC's "Monday Night Football." "That's where I rate them.

"I've flip-flopped on them many times. It's always who would you take or who is the best? I've had Peyton Manning the best. And I've said Tom Brady, I'd take him because of the winning thing. It's a tough one. It's 1-2, and take your pick who's 1 and who's 2.''

Of course, I flunked out of college, best have a back-up plan if you use my material. :D

shmessy said:
I'd like to help you with some "reverences" for the "congradulations" speech, but since your report is "tommarow" perhaps it would be most "awsome" if you began with a dictionary.
I was so proud of myself for resisting the tempation, then you go and do the same thing. :D Bastage.

What I need help with is a few quotes from some football guru's

NEM on Brady : "The kid can throw. He'd be totally unstopable with me as OC".

PATSNUTme on Brady : "Sheeeeeeit, even when his team doesn't get to Super Bowl, he still gets to the Super Bowl."

Box_O_Rocks on Brady: "He's no Hank Poteat, but the dog is a playa nonetheless."

Bill's Girl on Brady : "Hummmina hummmmina hummmina, he's downright tasty, especially in velvet."

That's the best I've got. Other than that, I'd suggest hitting Google hard.

Don't thank me, I love to help out.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
Of course, I flunked out of college, best have a back-up plan if you use my material. :D

teehee.

Thanks a bunch. That will help out a bit. When I am done with my outline, ill post it up here... although, I still have a long ways to go :-( ... I have to have three points as to why hes the best, then have two subpoints to each of those three - with two under each of those two. So far I have two points
"Tom Brady is the best Super Bowl MVP"
and "Football analysists agree"
get it?
good. :)

shmessy said:

Thanks for that. I'll forever hold a place in my heart for your kindness.

fleabassist1 said:
Thanks for that. I'll forever hold a place in my heart for your kindness.

No problem. You're just scaring the hell out of me tonight, since my kids are about to enter the Montgomery County Public School System in the next few years.

Last edited:
*analysts
Post what you got and I'd love to help out. I too have a long night ahead of me.

shmessy said:
No problem. You're just scaring the hell out of me tonight, since my kids are about to enter the Montgomery County Public School System in the next few years.

Oh its alright. I have never been able to spell, it's not my strongest subject.

Go figure, I am not good at math either... Psychology is my thing.

And btw, what school will they be attending?

As for the "analysts agree," there was a pass to David Givens in the Bucs game this season where the announcer (forget who) said, "No one else in the NFL can make this throw"

skri65 said:
*analysts
Post what you got and I'd love to help out. I too have a long night ahead of me.

So far I have this:

Christopher Shultz
Fundamentals Of Speech
Special Occasion Speech
Th. 3:15-5:55

Tom Brady’s 4th super bowl Victory Speech

Introduction:
Attention Factor:
“Three time bowl MVPâ€
“154 Career touchdownsâ€
“ "
Purpose: To inform people that Tom Brady is the best QB that the world has ever seen.
Credibility: I have played Q.B. for the New England Patriots, and I have three pro bowl appearances. ----- This, I had to make up. Bear with me.. -----
“Long time NFL QBâ€
Audience Orientation:
“ †-----------have to add these in later, i was gunna do it last
“ “
Forecasting:
“ “ -----------^
“ “
“ “
Body:
I. Tom Brady is the greatest Super Bowl M.V.P.
A. No other QB has the skill Tom Brady has
1. Tom Brady is the two time super bowl M.V.P.
2. No other QB in the history of the NFL has the poise and precision that Tom Brady has.
B. Not only can you give credit to Tom Brady, but Deon Branch brings several unmatched skills.
1. 2,744 Career-receiving yards.
2. Source 1: www.nfl.com
Transition: I am not the only one who thinks Brady is the greatest MVP. John Madden and others do as well, and they also agree the Patriots are the best team ever.
II. Chris Mortensen and John Madden on the best team ever.
A. "They (Patriots) may be the greatest team ever" - Chris Mortensen, January 18, 2005 on espn.com
1. Chris Mortensen, an award-winning journalist.
2. Lot’s of NFL experience, has been in the NFL since 1991.
B.
Transition 2:
III.
A.
B.
Conclusion:
Summary:
“
“
“
Final Statement:

fleabassist1 said:
Oh its alright. I have never been able to spell, it's not my strongest subject.

Go figure, I am not good at math either... Psychology is my thing.

And btw, what school will they be attending?

We're up-county in Olney. Haven't quite decided on the public/private thing.

shmessy said:
Friends don't let friends send their kids to public school. I learned that growing up with two public school teachers as parents. Man, I wish I still lived in Bath, Maine and could afford to send my kids to the Hyde School.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I was so proud of myself for resisting the tempation, then you go and do the same thing. :D Bastage.

NEM on Brady : "The kid can throw. He'd be totally unstopable with me as OC".

PATSNUTme on Brady : "Sheeeeeeit, even when his team doesn't get to Super Bowl, he still gets to the Super Bowl."

Box_O_Rocks on Brady: "He's no Hank Poteat, but the dog is a playa nonetheless."

Bill's Girl on Brady : "Hummmina hummmmina hummmina, he's downright tasty, especially in velvet."

That's the best I've got. Other than that, I'd suggest hitting Google hard.

Don't thank me, I love to help out.

OMG, that is the funniest thing........ I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe! :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Cheee-it Bro, I nevah sade no such thang! My acktu-all qwote was, "Dat cat Tommy, he a playa neer'nuff as good da man Hank!"

That glaucoma sure messes with your eyes! :p

I go to a private school. If any of you are familiar with the Connecticut Private School scene, send me a hollar; you may know the school I attend.

Last edited:
fleabassist1 said:
So far I have this:

Christopher Shultz
Fundamentals Of Speech
Special Occasion Speech
Th. 3:15-5:55

Tom Brady’s 4th super bowl Victory Speech:

BB wouldn't let him give a victory speech........:singing:

skri65 said:
As for the "analysts agree," there was a pass to David Givens in the Bucs game this season where the announcer (forget who) said, "No one else in the NFL can make this throw"
Monte Kiffen, DC for Tampa by the bay said that. Google, it's not just a noun anymore.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Cheee-it Bro, I nevah sade no such thang! My acktu-all qwote was, "Dat cat Tommy, he a playa neer'nuff as good da man Hank!"

That glaucoma sure messes with your eyes! :p
Dude, I don't have glaucoma!! I take preventive measures against that, you know that! An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, right?!?! In my case that ounce of prevention costs about $170 which is well worth it to me, and I don't think I could afford an entire pound all at once.

That being said, I coulda sworn you said "nonetheless" in there somewhere. Honestly. Then again the glaucoma prevention does come with that one side effect of diminished short-term memory (and munchies). Well worth it to maintain the gift of sight in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back