PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT (sort of) - Tailgating w/ a TV

TOzgood

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen (and ladies),

I am heading to the game this weekend with a bunch of friends and we want to bring a TV with us for the tailgate. We're interested in hooking up a TV with a playstation to play some Madden, etc. while we drink and wait for the game. Is there anyone that goes to these games and brings a TV with them? If so, what are the best options for power sources?

I have read that some people bring generators - but if that's what it is going to take to get a 135watt TV running then we'll just leave it at home. However, I have been researching car power inverters (up to 300w) and was wondering if anyone had any success with using these?

Thanks for any help you provide! Go Pats!

Hello Gentlemen (and ladies),

I am heading to the game this weekend with a bunch of friends and we want to bring a TV with us for the tailgate. We're interested in hooking up a TV with a playstation to play some Madden, etc. while we drink and wait for the game. Is there anyone that goes to these games and brings a TV with them? If so, what are the best options for power sources?

I have read that some people bring generators - but if that's what it is going to take to get a 135watt TV running then we'll just leave it at home. However, I have been researching car power inverters (up to 300w) and was wondering if anyone had any success with using these?

Thanks for any help you provide! Go Pats!
I've used power inverters and they work fine - and cost far less than a generator. Just be sure to start the car up frequently so you don't drain the battery.

Go to RadioShack. They can help you.

Thats where I bought my power inverter and it works fine.

We used to hook up to a boat battery that we charged up before every game.

We were powering a little mini TV 5 or 6 inches though not sure if the boat battery would work as long for a bigger TV and a playstation.

Bring jumper cables with extensions and suck the nearest Prius dry

Yeah the inverters work pretty well. When I lived in SD we used one for the drive from san diego up to Oakland for game five of the alds in 03. We played PS2 and watched a 13'' tv the whole way up. It was great. Agree though, if you are going to run it with you car off, then bring jumper cables, and start your car regularly.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back