PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: So Now Ben Has A Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
WTF is it with this kid. And of course Cowher is going to let him start with a 104 degree temp 15 days after getting his appendix out. Must make Charlie Batch feel great. And of course there will be that built in excuse is Ben doesn't look like himself tonight....:eek:

I think they are trying to see what it takes to kill him. He just might be superman. couldn't resist.

Seriously though I can't imagine playing a game in FL with 104 temp 2 weeks after having surgery can be the smartest thing to do. But you have to admire his resilience.

MoLewisrocks said:
WTF is it with this kid. And of course Cowher is going to let him start with a 104 degree temp 15 days after getting his appendix out. Must make Charlie Batch feel great. And of course there will be that built in excuse is Ben doesn't look like himself tonight....:eek:

Maybe Cowher remembers
Brady's temp
the night before HIS latest appearance at Three Rivers.

Bound to instill confidence!

MoLewisrocks said:
Hope it's not a surgery-related infection causing the fever. That could be dangerous.

When healthy Ben's the #2 QB in the NFL. But he's either a drama queen or Mr. Glass. His nickname should be "china doll".

Brady spiked that temp 24 hours before the game and spent the night on IV's under a doctors care. Ben spiked his temp just before game time.

But Cowher did say that sometimes Ben plays better when there is something wrong with him....LOL

Of course in the first series Ben tries to talk Cowher into throwing the challenge flag on a play that was clearly incomplete. Like a good enabler the Chin hurled that puppy and then the referee spend 2 minutes talking him out of doing something very stupid just because Ben wanted him to...

:bricks:

I would watch but all three of these announcers torcher me. Go the hell back to the old Monday Night. This one is going to be a flop..

PonyExpress said:
When healthy Ben's the #2 QB in the NFL. But he's either a drama queen or Mr. Glass. His nickname should be "china doll".

Bens not even top 5..

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck

then theres still Delhomme, Brees, Green and Bens aroundthere

Remix 6 said:
Bens not even top 5..

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck

What, no Culpepper??? You mean that the great Saban signed the wrong QB???

PatsWickedPissah said:
What, no Culpepper??? You mean that the great Saban signed the wrong QB???

Yes. He should have traded his second to the Pats for Cassel. :D

PonyExpress said:

I disagree with that.

Remix 6 said:
Bens not even top 5..

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck

Thanks for making a list. I didn't feel like thinking of one, but that looks pretty good to me.:D

Remix 6 said:
Bens not even top 5..

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Palmer
4. McNabb
5. Hasselbeck

Only one Qb other than Brady could have led his team to wins on the road against Indy and Denver in the playoffs last year. That QB was Ben. The other four on your list are unproven in the clutch, have happy feet under pressure, wither against the blitz, puke in the huddle, or throw gawd-awful untimely INTs.

PonyExpress said:
Only one Qb other than Brady could have led his team to wins on the road against Indy and Denver in the playoffs last year. That QB was Ben. The other four on your list are unproven in the clutch, have happy feet under pressure, wither against the blitz, puke in the huddle, or throw gawd-awful untimely INTs.

Basically except for three road games in the playoffs that was Ben too. Remember Charlie Batch got them there while Ben was having one of his semi annual surgical procedures, Ben rose up as if in a semi-coma once the playoffs started to carry them to Detroit and then he woke up and choked in the Superbowl. Maybe he was sick or hurt in the playoffs. ;) But he was healthy in the Superbowl and he just sucked. He thus became the youngest QB in history to not cost his team their SB victory.

Byron is another favorite of mine who will never be on a top 5 list. Jacksonville is a QB away from being a really good team.

OK so these were two of the top 5 teams on all of the NFLN pundits lists tonight. My question would be are their defenses that good or our their offenses that bad. 0-0 at the half.

MoLewisrocks said:
Basically except for three road games in the playoffs that was Ben too. Remember Charlie Batch got them there while Ben was having one of his semi annual surgical procedures, Ben rose up as if in a semi-coma once the playoffs started to carry them to Detroit and then he woke up and choked in the Superbowl. Maybe he was sick or hurt in the playoffs. ;) But he was healthy in the Superbowl and he just sucked. He thus became the youngest QB in history to not cost his team their SB victory.

Byron is another favorite of mine who will never be on a top 5 list. Jacksonville is a QB away from being a really good team.
Roethlesberger's performance in Denver was fantastic. He did in 2005 what our QB could not, beat the blitz. How R's face plant affects him psychologically is still an open question but he showed unbelievable, history making poise in three straight road playoff games prior to the SB. For that he deserves more credit than Manning, Palmer et al have received, combined. His SB performance was poor, but not enough to lose the game, which is all that matters in SBs.

PonyExpress said:
Roethlesberger's performance in Denver was fantastic. He did in 2005 what our QB could not, beat the blitz. How R's face plant affects him psychologically is still an open question but he showed unbelievable, history making poise in three straight road playoff games prior to the SB. For that he deserves more credit than Manning, Palmer et al have received, combined. His SB performance was poor, but not enough to lose the game, which is all that matters in SBs.

I think Pittsburgh got lucky on that road in 2005 too. Cincy without Palmer reverted to the Bungles. Manning choked as he almost always does. Jake reverted to form once the regular season was over and Denver was exposed the week before by a team who unfortunately beat themselves.

Another ill advised challenge flag by Cowher. I think the Steelers are taking a step back in defense of their title.

Last edited:
Kdo5 said:
I would watch but all three of these announcers torcher me. Go the hell back to the old Monday Night. This one is going to be a flop..
Agreed. Even though Madden can be annoying, him and Al Michaels combined are ten times better than this unbelieveably boring MNF crew.

Well so much for the emotional lift of Ben returning early from his latest medical crisis. Just threw the 6-0 game away. JAX can only manage a 42 yard FG off the turnover but it's now 9-0 with 4:26 left (because JAX decided to leave the door open just a crack by refusing to run any time off the clock...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye