PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: SN rates top AFC guards/centers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix111,

Partner, how is this an Off Topic thread? As long as the Pats are part of the article your safely on topic.

:rocker:

Phoenix111,

Partner, how is this an Off Topic thread? As long as the Pats are part of the article your safely on topic.

:rocker:

I never put OT as long as it's football related.

If they're so great, why can't they run block consistently?

They are mediocre - good. Some games are better than others, but I'd like to see them plow open some huge holes for the RB.

I suppose we could get a 6th for Kaycur if we thought he were washed up, but who else would want him? If O'Callaghan is really short term, and Kaycur is trade bait, then we made a serious error in the draft by not drafting a starting RT at #28 when we had a chance to draft Joe Thomas.

Huh? Joe Thomas was the #3 overall pick.
He was not even available.
Are you thinking about... Mr. Staley?

I think that the Pats interior OL, G-C-G, is excellent.
Light has been a long time starter and is above average.
(Although with a known weakness to speed rushers like JT).
If O'Cal can secure RT coming out of training camp then the Pats OL will be at least above average throughout and stout in the middle.
Also don't forget that Oldenburg has also shown some promise at minicamp.
If he is competitive throughout training camp then the Patriots are well stocked with depth at tackle.

If they're so great, why can't they run block consistently?

They are mediocre - good. Some games are better than others, but I'd like to see them plow open some huge holes for the RB.

That's why they are changing the blocking scheme to a zone blocking style, because the Patriots want better results in the running game.
Our personnel might execute that kind of blocking scheme more effectively.
We should know fairly soon if the change is for the better, but I believe that the talent is there.

Last edited:
I would rate San Diego's unit ahead of New England's. However, maybe they look good because Tomlinson is such a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back