Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: Skype

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by gomezcat, Feb 8, 2006.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Have any of you used it? It's a service for speaking to people online and if they have the same equipment as you, i.e. the free software and a head set (plus broadband as it eats bandwidth), it's FREE- ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! I just tried it with a friend of mine and his voice sounds as if he is in the same room. It got me thinking about how we could use it on this board.... :D:D:D

Have a look at the reviews and then go to www.skype.com
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Hey, when are you Brits gonna stop murdering US citizens?
  3. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ouch! I understand that the husband (if you're talking about the guy in MA with a dead wife and baby) is what they call a "person of interest". Quite how being non-co operative in interview and not attending their funeral makes you a person of interest and not a suspect, I don't know. Has he been arrested yet?
  4. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

No he has not been arrested. In fact the local DA who was all over the TV has now taken a no comment approach, avoiding the press. This could indicate that somehow the police may have botched some aspect of evidence gathering. The MA crime lab (CSI site) is in Sudbury MA where I used to live. Last summer there was lots of controversy over the fact that DNA even for high profile murder cases would go un-analyzed for over a year.

I will keep my identity secret so that murderous Brits won't get me.
  5. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ha, we're done with murdering Americans.We got bored and went after the rest of the world instead- Ireland, parts of Africa, the Middle East and India. Then we got bored of that and decided to kill each other over crack cocaine dealing turf wars and alcohol fuelled arguments.

I assume someone will be hung out to dry if they have messed up what was, by all accounts, a pretty gruesome murder scene. Don't DAs have to stand for election in the US?
  6. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Hope you've also forsworn forcing American sailors into the British Navy as well.

I think the DA is elected. Perhaps that's why she's gone underground in hopes that this too will pass.
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I suspect the DA is not doing more in the hope of luring him back to the U.S., but he's too smart for that. Not sure how much can be done if they don't uncover some decent evidence.
  8. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +706 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

But we have an extradition treaty with the UK. we don't need to 'lure' him back. What could possibly entice him to return if not the funeral of his wife and baby?
  9. gomezcat

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Clearly, someone has made the decision that they don't have enough physical evidence to go before a Judge, especially as they would have to show that it is evidence that shows his participation in the crime rather than him just being there. I assume these cases go before a High Court Judge (rough equivalent of the Supreme Court), so the evidence would need to be sh*t hot. It would be even more complicated if he were up for extradition to a death penalty state, as there are questions of Human Rights that come into play.