Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT:Six QBs on pace to pass Marino

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Not sure if this has been posted already.....
    i think of all the QBs mentioned Brees has the best chance of passing Marino the reason being Brees has only one outdoor game after the 2nd week of NOV.

and the way romo is playing i guess he will end up having more INTS than TDs
  2. RodThePat

RodThePat Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think the record will be broken this season, hopefully not by Brady because if so, that means both our defense and running game won't improve.
  3. TheSolderKing

TheSolderKing Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I disagree. We can have an effective running game even if we are a pass-happy team. The running game would improve no matter what. If anything More passes ='s fresh legs. Brady can still throw for 300 plus and have a very successful and improving running game behind him. The Pass will set up the run and vice-versa :rocker::rocker::rocker:
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  4. BelizePats

BelizePats Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

This kind of football is garbage!
  5. TB146

TB146 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Or it could mean that he and Welker have hooked up for a few more 99-yard TDs. That racks up the yardage w/o running up the mileage on Brady's arm. :D
  6. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Without checking the schedules of all the QBs in line for the honor,I think it comes down to the winter season and where these QBs will be playing at and the weather to mean something.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

With 1553 yards, he's got 3531 yards to go over 12 games, an average of 294 ypg. I think they'll go to a more balanced attack as the weather worsens but it's a nice start....
  8. Mark12

Mark12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The reason all these QB's are putting ridiculous numbers is because the new stupid kickoff rule. New most teams start from their own 20 and have to go 80 yards seemingly every drive. This new rule sucks and is gonna inflate QB numbers for years to come.
  9. MossWelkowski

MossWelkowski Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 7 / -6

#24 Jersey

On pace is on pace... But after 4 games? This shouldn't be brought up until like week 10-12. Things will even out, it always does.
  10. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Defensive pass interference or the emphasis thereof ain't helping to keep the passing stats down.
  11. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 1 / -0

No Jersey Selected

pats have 0 games indoors this regular season. if he is going to break it he will need to keep padding the yards the next few games before the cold weather kicks in.
  12. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Yes and no. Yes, it keeps drives alive, but a PI call gives up yardage that doesn't end up in the statbook.
  13. Trimpnick

Trimpnick Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

but if the corner plays it soft because he doesn't want to draw a PI, it helps the pass...
  14. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 1 / -0

The 4 highest total yards thrown in history happened the first 4 weeks of the season...there's something to it, I just don't quite know.

Obviously the fact there are no bye weeks means more QBs throwing, but still...
  15. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Another important and mostly unrecognized factor in raising passing yardage around the NFL this year is changes in the CBA that limit practice time in full pads. I think they can only do this once per week now.

When not in pads, a team can work on offensive timing and execution and defensive positioning. You cannot, however, do much at all on defense with regard to actually teaching and demonstrating proper tackling techniques. You just can't tackle properly when not in full pads.

Poor tackling / lack of practice time/ lack of offseason = way more yards after the catch, all over the league
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.