OT: Site Performance Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Added a paid service today to hopefully make things move a little quicker. It was just installed and might take a bit to propagate, but let me know if any of you start noticing a difference.

Not sure if this is related, but a few times when i've clicked on a thread for the first time, it took me to page 2 of the thread (eventhough there were more than 2 pages.)

Not sure if this is related, but a few times when i've clicked on a thread for the first time, it took me to page 2 of the thread (eventhough there were more than 2 pages.)
Are you sure it wasn't a thread you'd looked at before? One of the things it does is take you to the posts you haven't read. If you've read page 1, or it thinks you have you go directly to page 2 etc. That's if you click on the title, if you click on the page it will take you to what you selected.

This is obviously prior to this update but I have noticed that the Patriots home forum page with the Twitter scroll feed no longer bogs down my computer.

Anyways I have 0 complaints about this site with exception I am completely addicted to it. :D

This is obviously prior to this update but I have noticed that the Patriots home forum page with the Twitter scroll feed no longer bogs down my computer.

Anyways I have 0 complaints about this site with exception I am completely addicted to it. :D

Ditto, except that I'm not complaining.....my wife is ;)

Seriously though, I haven't noticed it being any faster than yesterday, but I hadn't noticed it being horribly slow beforehand either; except for when folks load those oversize photos or massive video files/urls.

Are the news items broken? They don't seem to be working for me.

Running great for me right now, which is great considering I am currently a few miles over Salt Lake City in a 757 on some extremely slow wifi.

Are you sure it wasn't a thread you'd looked at before? One of the things it does is take you to the posts you haven't read. If you've read page 1, or it thinks you have you go directly to page 2 etc. That's if you click on the title, if you click on the page it will take you to what you selected.
I will pay closer attention, but ocassionally it is taking me to page 2 for a new thread. Maybe i am double clicking the title so it is loading page one then tosses me to two on the second click.

I have noticed the pages are loading very fast now. Fastest site on the net for me now.

Are the news items broken? They don't seem to be working for me.
That might be a cache issue - they're working but the new configuration might be affecting the redirect. Try clearing that out and see if it helps.

I also am unable to open any news links. Is there a work around for them?
Same thing I just mentioned to Zuma :) Probably a cache issue - so try clearing that out and see if it helps.

Same thing I just mentioned to Zuma :) Probably a cache issue - so try clearing that out and see if it helps.

How do you go about doing that?

No joy with Chrome or Opera after clearing. No News is good News :)

No joy with Chrome or Opera after clearing. No News is good News :)
That's weird. I just tried Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. They all worked. Although this is the first time I've turned on my laptop so I wasn't on this computer today prior to the changeover (I did it at work during a break). Hopefully it will start working at some point...very strange.

That's weird. I just tried Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. They all worked. Although this is the first time I've turned on my laptop so I wasn't on this computer today prior to the changeover (I did it at work during a break). Hopefully it will start working at some point...very strange.

It gets this far and stops http://l.patsfans.com/taitopx . I'll wait a while and try again :)

EDIT:

The server at l.patsfans.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.

EDIT PART II: Maybe DNS issues somewhere on the internets :)

It gets this far and stops http://l.patsfans.com/taitopx . I'll wait a while and try again :)

EDIT:

The server at l.patsfans.com can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
Yeah, it's trying to pull the cached address because the DNS changed. You'll probably have to close down your browser and re-open it.

Yeah, it's trying to pull the cached address because the DNS changed. You'll probably have to close down your browser and re-open it.

No joy. I'll try again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes