PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shocker! Bob Sanders to Injured Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in! Rex Ryan loves fast food! That is all.

Ha! I called this right after the game when he went after Hernandez' knee. Karma's a ***** Glass-Bob! :nono:

Way to go out on a limb with that one. :D

Not surprised at all. Sanders is good when he's healthy, problem is that he's rarely healthy. But without Bob Sanders, the Colts don't go on that super bowl run and Peyton Manning still wouldn't have a ring to this day.

I thought Sanders had a guaranteed contract with Injured Reserve and he's only allowed to play between 2-5 games a season for another team?

He's got talent, but not the body to go with the position. He must play too reckless or maybe he's just gping up against guys who typically outweigh him by 40-100 pounds. You have to wonder if he'll ever make more than minimum again or if he should even consider coming back.

He did say that lol. I remember it. :)

I think this is the first time I've ever said "good" when hearing about an injury like this. Cheap-shotting ****head shouldn't have gone after AHern..

Huh?!? This is the guy's 9th season and he missed 64 games in his first eight years. That is four full seasons of football in eight years of playing. I doubt the Pats would have another ring because IRed players cannot make contributions to the team.

The Pats chose Ben Watson over him and you can argue that Watson did more for the Pats than he did for the Colts.

I guess you missed the 2006 AFC Championship game, where Sanders was a difference maker for the Colts defense. Pats hold on to win that game, add another ring.

Huh?!? This is the guy's 9th season and he missed 64 games in his first eight years. That is four full seasons of football in eight years of playing. I doubt the Pats would have another ring because IRed players cannot make contributions to the team.

The Pats chose Ben Watson over him and you can argue that Watson did more for the Pats than he did for the Colts.

If Bob doesn't play in the 06 playoffs pats are the ones who rex grossman hands the lombardi too. Colts probably don't even beat the ravens or maybe even the chiefs. Dude is a freakin beast the rare times he plays. Somebody should sign him and hold him out all the way until the playoffs.

Last edited:
not surprised

knew it was a strong possibility when we signed him to the super cheap 1 year, 2 million dollar contract

he didn't even look special in games 1 and 2, so it appears to not be a big loss at all

i feel sorry for the guy, to not be healthy in years must really suck

I never like seeing a player going on IR, especially one as talented as Sanders. This is going to hurt SD's secondary. That said, I certainly don't like the hit he put on Hernandez's knee.

not really going to hurt, he wasn't even playing that well in games 1 and 2

gregory's a better playmaker right now than sanders

if it hurts anything, it will be run defense, but even then, sanders didn't look like sanders

Something about Sanders' career bothers me.

It's not really polite to call someone a PED user without proof, though.

I guess you missed the 2006 AFC Championship game, where Sanders was a difference maker for the Colts defense. Pats hold on to win that game, add another ring.

I have no recollection of that game.

Nor the 2007 Super Bowl.

I doubt the Pats would have another ring because IRed players cannot make contributions to the team.

They both have 1 ring. One of them was the best player on his side of the field for 4 playoff games and most of the reg season when he got his ring. The other one was on IR after playing 1 game.

Last edited:
This guy is useless in the NFL now..should just give it up

Something about Sanders' career bothers me.

It's not really polite to call someone a PED user without proof, though.

weren't all his injuries different though?

tricep, shoulder, knee?

Except Sanders sucks in coverage and he doesn't play LB. Two of the biggest reasons why the Pats lost that game. The Pats still would have been eaten alive by Manning to Clark.

Besides, if he played for the Pats he might have been IRed in that game. Sanders only played four regular season games in 2006. The Colts kept his roster spot open for 12 games eventhough they knew he was going to be out for 3 months. The Pats would never do that even for an elite player. So if he was with the Pats, he would have been watching that game in street close in the press box. He could have made a huge difference there.

The Colts are different team. They are holding a roster spot for Manning right now even though the chances of him returning are remote. What they did for holding a roster spot most of the season for Sanders was stupid, but they just lucked out that it worked out for them.

So if you think that having Sanders on the Patriots payroll watching that game from home was the difference in that game, then you have a point. Whether he was with the Pats or Colts in that season, there would have been no way he would have played for the Pats that game because there is no way Belichick keeps a roster spot open for 3 months for a player. The most I have seen him hold a roster spot for a player before giving up was probably six weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back