PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shocker! Bob Sanders to Injured Reserves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sit down everyone. This is really shocking news, but the Chargers have announced that they have placed Bob Sanders on Injured Reserve. I know it is shocking that such a durable safety would go to injured reserve, but maybe he is getting less durable with age.

I know this is especially crushing to Steve from Fall River who has been saying for years that Belichick blew it for not drafting this guy.

Last edited:
Another shocker...Sun setting in the West!

Sit down everyone. This is really shocking news, but the Chargers have announced that they have placed Bob Sanders on Injured Reserves. I know it is shocking that such a durable safety would go to injured reserves, but maybe he is getting less durable with age.

I know this is especially crushing to Steve from Fall River who has been saying for years that Belichick blew it for not drafting this guy.

Say it ain't so! Sigh....... anyone else not surprised by this? :rolleyes:

Pats would probably have another ring if they had. Can't blame Steve for being right.

Sit down everyone. This is really shocking news, but the Chargers have announced that they have placed Bob Sanders on Injured Reserves. I know it is shocking that such a durable safety would go to injured reserves, but maybe he is getting less durable with age.

.....sorry,I can't take any delight in the misfortune of a warrior like Bob Sanders.He plays full-tilt,gets hurt,that's life.....no reason to gloat,imho.:bricks:

Somewhere in NE,Hernandez is saying "good for you A-Hole"

.....sorry,I can't take any delight in the misfortune of a warrior like Bob Sanders.He plays full-tilt,gets hurt,that's life.....no reason to gloat,imho.:bricks:

That fokker was taking shots at Pats players & knees last week. No sympathy here.

Pats would probably have another ring if they had. Can't blame Steve for being right.

Huh?!? This is the guy's 9th season and he missed 64 games in his first eight years. That is four full seasons of football in eight years of playing. I doubt the Pats would have another ring because IRed players cannot make contributions to the team.

The Pats chose Ben Watson over him and you can argue that Watson did more for the Pats than he did for the Colts.

Huh?!? This is the guy's 9th season and he missed 64 games in his first eight years. That is four full seasons of football in eight years of playing. I doubt the Pats would have another ring because IRed players cannot make contributions to the team.

The Pats chose Ben Watson over him and you can argue that Watson did more for the Pats than he did for the Colts.

REALLY C'MON, so Watson basically was the catalyst to his teams SB run and was the offensive equivalent to the DPOY. Yeah didn't think so, so regardless of the feelings toward him that was just a ludicrous statement.

REALLY C'MON, so Watson basically was the catalyst to his teams SB run and was the offensive equivalent to the DPOY. Yeah didn't think so, so regardless of the feelings toward him that was just a ludicrous statement.

Ok I exaggerated a bit, but Sanders only had one or two good years and then mostly a good few weeks a season before heading to IR for the year. Yes, when he played he was elite but he had bunch of seasons where he didnt even play a quarter of the season. He will have dubious distinction of being the most talented player to spend most of his career on IR.

Last edited:

After the cheap shot he landed on Hernandez, I certainly won't waste any time feeling bad for him.

Last edited:
What? I'm impressed he lasted 3 games!

I thought he was more likely to last 10 seconds, not Nate Keading!

Guys, let's not clown on him too much. Chung seems to be trying to do his best impersonation of Bob Sanders in his first few seasons with the team. That's just what happens to some guys who play with that wreckless style.

Guys, let's not clown on him too much. Chung seems to be trying to do his best impersonation of Bob Sanders in his first few seasons with the team. That's just what happens to some guys who play with that wreckless style.

Chung doesn't tackle with his helmet.

Pretty good player but, in my opinion, he's been significantly over-rated.

I never like seeing a player going on IR, especially one as talented as Sanders. This is going to hurt SD's secondary. That said, I certainly don't like the hit he put on Hernandez's knee.

You clearly don't know what you are talking about. Sanders missed 64 of a possible 128 games in his 1st 8 seasons. That is 50%. Chung has missed 3 games of a possible 35. That's not even 10%. Comparing Chung to Sanders in that respect is just ridiculous..

Ha! I called this right after the game when he went after Hernandez' knee. Karma's a ***** Glass-Bob! :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes