PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:Share your Madden 2007 roster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Ah finally football season is here. And of course THE football game even the pro players play. So without much further ado here's my roster and my comments after 4 games of regular season play thus far.

QBs
Brady
Cassell
Bramlet

No surprises here. Brady is one of the most accurate passers in the game and is great for racking up lots of points. Cassell is not ready for prime time. I shudder about thinking of starting him if Brady gets hurt. Then again I think Madden underrates Cassell.

RBs
Dillon
Maroney
Faulk

Maroney has already taken over the majority of the workload for me. He's getting about 2/3 the carries and I use Dillon as my goal line and power back. Most of the time I'd rather have the breakaway game speed that Maroney brings to the table. My bread and butter play is the counter after I've set it up with a few dive and OT plays. The counter can get me some HUGE yardage!

I've rarely used Faulk because 3rd and long I'm usually passing.

Once my running game gets going I can also goto the play action pass which Brady is great at pulling off.

FBs
Patrick Pass

Ho humm, he is a blocker and the only reason I keep him is Madden requires 1 FB.

WR
Chad Johnson
Chad Jackson
Reche Caldwell
Troy Brown
D. Gabriel
J. Mathis

My big prize acquisition here is Chad Johnson. I shipped off Deion as I figured he is not long for New England. Then I acquired D. Gabriel from the Raiders for some spare parts and a pick. This WR lineup is wicked.

Chad Johnson can torch em deep and Jackson has hands like stickum as my numero 2. Between Jackson and Johnson defenses have their hands full and Brady lights up the D for big yardage.

J. Mathis is my PR/KR which is the only reason I acquired him. Surpsingly with Mathis' speed he also is a troublesome matchup for defenses in the slot position. I also kept Troy Brown as my backup PR but I think he's probably retiring after this season since he's not getting much action.

TEs
Watson
Graham
Thomas

Watson won the camp competition for starter and this guy is just a freak. He can outrun linebackers and he will outjump safeties. He is the potent #3 weapon for my offense and he dominates the middle of the field. He's especially effective on seam plays to tear up those zone coverages. I'd like to spread the ball around to see what Thomas can do but with J&J there's just enough spare balls to go around Watson's way and that's about it.

OL
Matt Light
L. Mankins
Koppen
Neal
Diem
Kaczur
Britt
Hockstein

I sent Gorin packing as RT was a weakness imo. I acquired Diem from Indy to become my other bookend tackle. He has outstanding passblocking and strength so the bullrush won't beat him. Unfortunately Big O'C was not in the game so that's how I built the line. I'm thinking of replacing Neal next season but the OL is looking very solid.

DL
Seymour
Wilfork
Warren
Green
Sullivan
Smith

I left the DL starters untouched since they are already so strong. Wilfork has become a man beast for me as he is also racking up a nice amount of sacks while plugging the middle. Sullivan has also been surprisingly good. He's pretty strong and has already nailed a few QBs. He comes out to play when I goto dime coverage, and with the leads i build, I actually get to use him fairly frequently.

OLB
Colvin
TBC
Hillenmeyer
Roach

Colvin is doing fine. TBC is ok but I'll probably look to upgrade his spot next season.

ILB
Bruschi
Vrabel
Beisel

The inside unit is rock solid. So long as I don't get injuries. I guess I should acquire Seau to back em up but I figure he is retiring next season so I should be ok.

Surprisingly the linebackers have been a pretty solid unit.

CB
N. Vasher
A. Samuels
W. Peterson
E. Hobbs
E. Warfield
R. Gay

Vasher is a young lockdown corner to lead the secondary. Peterson was a free agent pickup who is working out pretty well for me. He's also one of the fastest guys on the unit. Believe it or not Hobbs has racked up over 10 sacks for me already. Well that might be because I love to zone blitz and corner blitz. Blitzing is very effective with this team and the Pats are averaging about 10 sacks per game with about 2 picks per contest.

Too bad it's not as easy to trade for good young players in real football as it is in Madden Football. :) And believe it or not my team is still 25M under the cap even with all these additions.

Safeties
E. Wilson
Harrison
T. Jones
Sanders

Unchanged. A good group of guys. Harrison is the intimidator out there. I love the way he comes up to stop the run and he lays a big pop on any WRs foolish enough to catch a ball in his vicinity.

Kicker
Gostkowski

You have to cut Gramatica and hire Gost as a free agent to get him. Weird... Gost is an average kicker hopefully he gets better. But rarely do I need a FG to win the game when I'm averaging over 50 pts per contest LOL.

Well I signed him to a 7 year contract so I've got plenty of time for him to get better I guess. :)

I tried trading for Neil Rackers but Madden doesn't let you trade for kickers for some reason...

Punter
Miller

He punts. It's all good. I rarely use the punter more than once or twice a game.

Overall the Pats are a very fun team to play. With the addition of Chad Johnson the offense is now high octane enough to challenge and beat Indy for the offensive scoring Crown.

I think that even without Branch this team would still be really good with the kind of running game I can field and the emergence of Watson as a goto receiver.

The defense is monstrous. I can't say enough about that DL. I can put pressure on the QB just rushing 3 or 4 and when I blitz watch out because a sack, a hurry up, or an interception will probably be in the cards.

Stats racked up so far (Through 4 games)
Brady 1,471 yards 17 tds 4 ints
Maroney 448 yards 8 tds 6.6 avg
Dillon 125 yards 4 tds 4.0 avg
C. Jackson 553 yards 6 tds 25.1 avg
C. Johnson 397 yards 7 tds 26.4 avg
Watson 380 yards 18.0 2 tds avg

So how do you guys like my team. And how did you set up your Madden franchise?

Toughest Challenge so far:
Denver Broncoes - Their high quality OL makes em tougher to stop than other teams and their receivers are decent. Plummer will scramble for first down yardage if you leave him uncontained.

Most ironic win:
Beating up on the Bengals. It's somehow deliciously ironic when you pound Dillon into the endzone against them.

Strongest division rival:
The Phins are 3-1 and in second place so far. I'm looking forward to squishing the fish personally and quelling their pitiful attempt to wrest the division crown from us.

Last edited:
QBs
----
Brady
Cassell
Randall
--------
RBs
-----
Portis
Maroney
Morency
-------
FB
----
Pass
-----
WRs
----
Santana Moss
Roy Williams
Chad Jackson
Roscoe Parrish
----------
TEs
-----
Watson
Graham
------
OL
---
basically the same but i have McKenzie instead of Gorin
-------
DE
-----
Seymour
Suggs
Hill
forget the 4th
---------
DT
------
Wilfork
Dockett
Smith
-------
OLBs
----
Colvin
Adalius Thomas
TBC
Roach
---------
ILB
------
Peterson
Vrabel
-----(had to let Bruschi go..old and Peterson was a lot better in the game
CBs
-------
McAlister
Samuel
Manning
Jimmy Williams
Devin Hester(my returnman)
----------
S
--------
Taylor
Harrison
Sanders
D. Manning
--------

Jeez..through week 4.those stats are crazy..Which difficulty level are you playing on bud?

hes probably doing rookie/pro

i do all madden but i dont feel like posting my stats

I just wanted to post that I am now an official EA hater. The 360 version of this game has so many flaws its not even worth playing. I was going to post my roster, but it doesnt really matter when the OTHER teams have players like ya tittle, and every other extremely badass hall of famer on their team. This game is horrible. And EA, I hope u burn in corporate hell!

QB
---
Tom Brady
Matt Cassel
Corey Bramlett

RB
---
Corey Dillon
Laurence Maroney(3DRB, takes over in the fourth quarter)
Kevin Faulk(5th reciever)

FB
---
Patrick Pass

WR
---
Reche Caldwell
Doug Gabriel
Troy Brown
Chad Jackson
Kevin Faulk

TE
---
Daniel Graham
Ben Watson
Dave Thomas

OL(Starters)
---
Matt Light
Logan Mankins
Dan Koppen
Stephen Neal
Ryan O'Callaghan

DE
---
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Jarvis Green
Marquise Hill

DT
---
Vince Wilfork
Jonathan Sullivan
Mike Wright

MLB
---
Mike Vrabel
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau

LOLB
---
Tully Banta-Cain
Eric Alexander

ROLB
---
Rosevelt Colvin
Freddie Roach

CB
---
Asante Samuel
Ellis Hobbs
Randall Gay
Chad Scott

FS
---
Eugene Wilson
James Sanders

SS
---
Rodney Harrison
Tebucky Jones
James Sanders

K
---
Steven Gostkowski

P
---
Josh Miller.

Kdo5 said:
QB
---
Tom Brady
Matt Cassel
Corey Bramlett

RB
---
Corey Dillon
Laurence Maroney(3DRB, takes over in the fourth quarter)
Kevin Faulk(5th reciever)

FB
---
Patrick Pass

WR
---
Reche Caldwell
Doug Gabriel
Troy Brown
Chad Jackson
Kevin Faulk

TE
---
Daniel Graham
Ben Watson
Dave Thomas

OL(Starters)
---
Matt Light
Logan Mankins
Dan Koppen
Stephen Neal
Ryan O'Callaghan

DE
---
Richard Seymour
Ty Warren
Jarvis Green
Marquise Hill

DT
---
Vince Wilfork
Jonathan Sullivan
Mike Wright

MLB
---
Mike Vrabel
Tedy Bruschi
Junior Seau

LOLB
---
Tully Banta-Cain
Eric Alexander

ROLB
---
Rosevelt Colvin
Freddie Roach

CB
---
Asante Samuel
Ellis Hobbs
Randall Gay
Chad Scott

FS
---
Eugene Wilson
James Sanders

SS
---
Rodney Harrison
Tebucky Jones
James Sanders

K
---
Steven Gostkowski

P
---
Josh Miller.

Hmm,,Thats not very exciting.You didnt make ANY changes at all to the roster! I think your going to the playoffs in your first year ::Sigh:::

Patriots4Ever said:
Hmm,,Thats not very exciting.You didnt make ANY changes at all to the roster! I think your going to the playoffs in your first year ::Sigh:::
Well I apologise for not filling up my roster with all-stars. I made a few changes and signings. I'm sorry but I'm not a big fan of pretty much being able to do roster stuff outside of franchise. I could have Tiki Barber, Randy Moss and any other PB'er you can think of on the team but nah I want some challenge...

I'll be starting mine soon, once the updated rosters are put out online by EA. But cmon ppl, you guys are making some stupid unrealistic moves that takes the fun out of the game... ie. Chad Johnson. I won't make many moves though, maybe try to get a top flight corner since that's such an important position in Madden. Trade Samuel and a 1st rounder for somebody in the 90s who might actually leave their team in real life, like Clements, or something like that, but we'll have to see.

Hey Kdo5 where did you find O'Callaghan and Wright?

Anyways updated my roster in time to face the Fins.
I dropped Beisel and Hillenmeyer. Then traded for Seau and added Mckinnon as a free agent MLB. Seau is slotted as OLB according to Madden. His rating is 85ish which is generous imo.

Anyways I put down a really good beatdown on the Fish. I think Culpepper's grandmother is sore, he got smacked so hard.

Pats 70 - Fins 0

Culpepper's gaudy statline
6 for 25, 55 yards, 0 td 2 ints, and sacked 5 times for -31 yards. His QB rating 6.3. LOL.

Seau seems like a nice upgrade to TBC. He's got above average tackling and awareness skills (85+).

Oh yeah Watson went wild on the Fins to the tune of 10 catches for 236 yards and 4 TDs.

The Dolphins had a surprisingly tough run D so I had to go through the air most of the game. Or maybe they were gameplanning to stop Maroney?? Because I noticed they were blowing up most of my running plays all game long except for one stretch in the 3rd quarter. It's possible for computer teams to gameplan in Madden 07 right?

drew4008 said:
But cmon ppl, you guys are making some stupid unrealistic moves that takes the fun out of the game... ie. Chad Johnson. I won't make many moves though, maybe try to get a top flight corner since that's such an important position in Madden. Trade Samuel and a 1st rounder for somebody in the 90s who might actually leave their team in real life, like Clements, or something like that, but we'll have to see.

I gotta strongly disagree with that. This is a GAME. And for your information getting a marquee player puts the FUN INTO the game for some people. I think you've mixed up Madden with reality here.

How is trading for Chad Johnson stupid when Branch is leaving, and there's no other proven receivers on the team. It definitely improves the team's chances of winning. Of course I had to trade Branch and future picks to get him. But the ransom was worth it because the future is NOW.

As for the guy who traded for Portis that is a smart move because speed is a killer attribute in Madden and Portis has a ton of it. Yeah dumping Dillon is going to hurt his cap for a while, but it improves his chances of winning in the PRESENT.

And guess what if you want a CB in the 90's - Ty Law is a free agent so you can do the what if things had worked out scenario.

Me, I signed him then moved him for Vasher. Law's stats are great but he's 32 years old and Vasher has a lower salary and still has room to improve.

Trading for a marquee player doesn't happen often in REAL football, but in Madden as long as you offer enough of the right players and picks you can make it happen and you can BUILD the team that YOU want. That's the entire point of the game. I have to disagree with you because people play Madden so THEY will have fun, not to get your "this seems realistic" seal of approval. :p

PS If you want to complain about lack of realism you should complain about Bush's stats first. The kid hasn't played an entire down in the NFL yet and his attributes are better than Tomlinson. I mean geez, hype much?

Last edited:
VJCPatriot said:
Hey Kdo5 where did you find O'Callaghan and Wright?

Anyways updated my roster in time to face the Fins.
I dropped Beisel and Hillenmeyer. Then traded for Seau and added Mckinnon as a free agent MLB. Seau is slotted as OLB according to Madden. His rating is 85ish which is generous imo.

Anyways I put down a really good beatdown on the Fish. I think Culpepper's grandmother is sore, he got smacked so hard.

Pats 70 - Fins 0

Culpepper's gaudy statline
6 for 25, 55 yards, 0 td 2 ints, and sacked 5 times for -31 yards. His QB rating 6.3. LOL.

Seau seems like a nice upgrade to TBC. He's got above average tackling and awareness skills (85+).

Oh yeah Watson went wild on the Fins to the tune of 10 catches for 236 yards and 4 TDs.

The Dolphins had a surprisingly tough run D so I had to go through the air most of the game. Or maybe they were gameplanning to stop Maroney?? Because I noticed they were blowing up most of my running plays all game long except for one stretch in the 3rd quarter. It's possible for computer teams to gameplan in Madden 07 right?
Callaghans on the free agents list I think. I use 360.

I made a Falcons team and did some roster stuff. Since I was supposed to make my team more "Flashy". I'll post most of my starters.

QB Michael Vick
RB Willis Mgahee
WR Anquan Boldin
WR Chris Chambers
TE Algae Crumpler
O Line(normal)
DE & DT(normal)
OLB Shawne Merriman
OLB Keith Brooking
MLB Mike Peterson
CB Deangelo Hall
CB Rashean Mathis
FS Sean Taylor
SS Lawyor Milloy.

I did a Pats fantasy draft. My 1st pick was around 15th, so i either had a 15 or 18 pick, depending on the round. I did no other trades after the draft. Heres what I ended up with off the top of my head.

QB-Eli Manning-I know, but with the 15th pick, everyone else was gone. I got him in the 8th round.

QB-Gradkowski
QB-Charlie Whitehurst

RB-Reggie Bush
RB-Michael Bennet
FB-McCrary

WR-Steve Smith
WR-Larry Fitzgerald
WR-Santonio Holmes
WR-Maurice Stovall
WR-Willie Reid

TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Leonard Pope

LT-Ferguson
LG-Steve Hutchison
C-Olin Kreutz
RG-Justin Smiley
RT-Alex Barron

SS-Ed Reed
FS-Bob Sanders

CB-Champ Bailey
CB-Chris Gamble
CB-Randall Gay

LE-Kenechi Udeze
RE-Manny Lawson-Much higher rating than at ROLB-91 overall as rookie

DT- Mike Patterson
DT-Kendrick Clancy

ROLB-Ernie Sims-VERY FAST
LOLB-Kirk Morrison
MLB-Larry Foote

So far I've played 7 games on All-Madden and I'm 6-1, losing one game to Peyton Manning and the Bills (Not the opener) :bricks: My D-line could be better, but it really doesn't matter because my secondary is total shutdown. Ernie Sims contains the run really well to the outside because of his speed and Larry Foote does a good job of clogging the middle. IMO Eli was a steal because he's young, talented, and I got him in the 8th round. Reggie Bush started off really bad, but now he breaks a lot of tackles. Gamble has 10 interceptions and Bailey has 9. I give up a lot of yards but I always end up with a pick in the endzone. I have a bend, but don't break defense. Smith and Fitzgerald compliment each other really well and my O-line give me plenty of time to throw, although Ferguson gets beat by good DE. Vernon Davis is awesome in the red zone. Overall, I am very happy with my team and I don't think I could have done better than I did.

What did you all get in a trade for Branch?

I traded Branch, a 2nd, and a 3rd to the Vikings for their 1st and 3rd.

thechris said:
What did you all get in a trade for Branch?

I traded Branch, a 2nd, and a 3rd to the Vikings for their 1st and 3rd.

Just today I traded branch for nick barnett of the packers and a fourth rd draft pick. Poor branch is going to lose out on another ring not playing for me. Dumb bastard;)

qb-brady
bruce gradkowski (was a rookie fa)
matt cassel

rb-dillon (thinkin bout trading him, cuz maroney is by far outplaying him)
maroney
faulk

fb-patrick pass
jd runnels (was a rookie fa)

wr-deion branch (i actually gave him an extension a week or so ago)
reche caldwell
chad jackson
greg jennings (i traded troy brown and a draft pick for him)
willie reid (was a rookie fa, was gonna use him at returner, but then i traded for jennings later and now use him)

te-graham
watson
thomas

lt-light
kaczur

lg-mankins
mruczkowski

c-koppen (gave him an extension too)
hochstein

rg-neal
yates

rt-gorin (was lookin for someone but couldnt really get a good deal)
britt

le-warren
hill

re-seymour
green

dt-wilfork, sullivan, klecko, smith

lolb-vrabel (moved him over from inside)
tbc
alexander

ilb-bru
chris claiborne (was a fa, was debating between him or jamie sharper and moving him, went with the youth)
beisel
stephen tulloch (rookie fa)

rolb-colvin
roach

cb-samuel(will prob let him hit free agency)
warfield(was lookin to trade him, couldnt get anything yet)
hobbs
gay
demario minter (was a rookie fa)

fs-geno
pat watkins (somehow was a rookie fa)

ss-rodney
darnell bing (somehow was another rookie fa)
sanders

k-gost(as u know was a rookie fa)

p-miller

have the bills and browns first round picks

btw watson is tearing **** up

Relatively new at the 360 version of Madden. When you create a player you can fine tune his attributes, but how about an existing player? I can't seem to figure out how to change an existing players attributes (ie. Doug Gabriel on Madden is as slow as molasses moving uphill in January). It was much easier on previous xbox versions of Madden. Any help anyone?

ive been tryin to make a trade for willie
and i was actually able to strike a deal they would do, but i dont think im gonna do it

vrabel, browns original first round pick, fourth round pick

for

willie, fifth rd, sixth rd

i had the browns and bills first round pix, so i have two
but i think im gonna hold onto that extra first instead of gettin my boy willie :(

just did a fantasy draft for the fun of it
and it really pissed me off that they made u get all ur breakdown done before goin for depth
especially when ur running a 3-4 base defense this is really hard, cuz it makes u get more dts than u need etc

without further delay heres the team i picked(i had the 32nd pick):

qbs:leftwich, jay cutler, bruce gradkowski
rbs: maroney, gore, darren sproles
fb: jd runnels
wr: donte stallworth, mark clayton, reggie brown, chad jackson, marques hagans
te: GATES, WATSON (MWAHAHAHHA), owen daniels
lt: jammal brown, marcus mcneil
lg: jacob bell, max jean-gilles, fred matua
c: nick mangold, jason spitz
rg: cosey coleman
rt: kwame harris, ryan o'callaghan

le: ty warren, darrion scott
re: richard seymour, robert geathers
dt: vince wilfork(yup the whole pats d-line! hey what can i say theyre perfect for the 3-4), colin cole, kyle williams
lolb: dj williams, aj hawk, chris gocong, terna nande
ilb: antonio pierce, lofa tatupu, leon williams
rolb: none (i'd move guys over from the left side by editing player)
cb: chris gamble, reynaldo hill, jimmy williams, antonio cromartie
fs: jason allen, pat watkins(wow i have a TON of rooks)
ss: gibril wilson, darnell bing
k: gostkowski
p: dustin colquitt

wow, ton of youth, and not a lot of key guys with only one yr left on contract

guys with one yr left:
gibril wilson, donte stallworth, jacob bell, cosey coleman, colin cole, robert geathers, darrion scott

wilson, stallworth, bell, and coleman are starters with one yr left

24 ROOKIES!!!!!!!! HAHAHA

wowowow
oldest players:
antonio pierce and cosey coleman----27!!!!!
this is just hilarious

offensive line is obv the weak spot, although thats due to the guards who are soon to be free agents, while having jean-gilles and matua waiting in the wings

and the dbs are very inexperienced and prob have bad awareness ratings...make that do have bad awareness ratings, i just checked

overall i love the team
however

leftwich is the starting qb :-/

Last edited:
Okay, just started my franchise.

QB:
Tom Brady
Matt Cassel
J.T. O'Sullivan

RB:
Corey Dillon
Laurence Maroney