PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seymour blows off team meeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seymour blow off team meeting !

But they owe it to their FORMER teammates to be there.

Fixed it for you

I would be surprised to see one of them return...I would be TOTALLY SHOCKED to see both return.

If any of the two return it will be Seymour,The Raiders tend to pay lots of money to guys who are washed up...see Tommy Kelly for example.

Last edited:

I feel bad for Seymour...poor guy got traded from the best franchise in the NFL to the worst...I'm sure Seymour was thinking..."WTF do you want to talk about? How bad we are and how bad we're going to be next year?"

Same here. Despite everything his situation has to bite. He liked the bling but he also liked that winning feeling.

Same here. Despite everything his situation has to bite. He liked the bling but he also liked that winning feeling.

He never asked to be traded...Didn't want to go....

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up having a great season next year playing for a contender..

I always wish our ex players well as long as they don't mess with OUR particular road to happiness:D

I think deep down Sey understands. He's seen a few come and go, he knows how the Pats roll. It still must be tough though. Big Willie was the worst but that's another topic:cool:

If you read PFT, Russell's "personal reason" was that he had already booked it to Vegas and was checked into a hotel.

As for Seymour, I'm sure he thinks he's finished his 1-year sentence with that team and is already, in his mind, a free agent. He still technically has about two more months, but I'm sure he has mentally checked out of there.

Last edited:

If you read PFT, Russell's "personal reason" was that he had already booked it to Vegas and was checked into a hotel.

Well, having a crappy "personal reason" isn't something that Seymour's been charged with. He was excused. If a report comes out that he was rooming with Russell, I'll post a link to that, too.

I think everyone except Al Davis understands that Russell's an immature headcase of a man.

Here goes the board again

... talking about something 2nd and 3rd handed information and trying to make sense of it all.

Get ready for the 2 posters who decide to flame each other thread bash.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go either if I were him, excused or not. Unless there's some minimal chance he wants to stay there.

That trade is an official disaster for Oakland. Lose a top 10 pick for a glorious 5-11 run. I never knew what the hell they were thinking from the start, hopefully I won't be asking the same thing about our end of it in a few years :(

Such skipping is not terribly unreasonable for a free agent with no intention of staying in Oakland.

Well, having a crappy "personal reason" isn't something that Seymour's been charged with. He was excused. If a report comes out that he was rooming with Russell, I'll post a link to that, too.

I think everyone except Al Davis understands that Russell's an immature headcase of a man.

He's also the least physically fit looking QB I've ever seen. It looks like he eats a burger during ever stoppage of play.

Such skipping is not terribly unreasonable for a free agent with no intention of staying in Oakland.

I agree, everyone knows he's not going to be back. Once that 16th game ended, he's done with his obligations to the team, for all intents and purposes.

I guess the title of this thread will get more views and replies than the truthful but far less sensational title of "Cable says Seymour excused from team meeting for personal reasons" would have.

Don't even know why Cable attended the meeting,He won't be there either.

If I am Davis I give Cowher the sky to become HC - I do think Billick is looking more and more like a potential victim...err I mean Raiders HC

I guess the title of this thread will get more views and replies than the truthful but far less sensational title of "Cable says Seymour excused from team meeting for personal reasons" would have.

I think your headline would have gotten the point accross just fine. "Seymour thinks he is more special than the rest of his team", "Seymour only in it for the payday", "Seymour wants special treatment", "rules don't apply to Seymour", any of these would have been fine really.

Man how crazy would it be if Seymour ended up back with the Pats next season and we still end up with Oaklands likely top ten pick!

With Welker on IR can New England sign Richard Seymour as a UFA and activate him for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back