PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seriously?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I didn't see it posted and found it pretty funny that the Indianapolis School System would allow this to happen just because their bus drivers can't handle the affair. Probably speaks volumes for the entire populace of that sh!thole. I seriously pray that Colts fans everywhere wake up Monday morning to that heavy weight of disappointment and frustration that ensues once the improbable happens and your beloved team loses in the Super Bowl after everyone assumed they would win.:confused::mad::eek:

Nothing would make me happier!!:D

Indy's schools want 2-hour delay after Super Bowl - Boston.com

They're probably worried that if they lose some of the bus drivers might just veer right off a bridge

Work is a responsibility. Plan accordingly.

Bus drivers everywhere else seem to manage it just fine every year.

They're probably worried that if they lose some of the bus drivers might just veer right off a bridge

If Indy loses, they might have to cancel classes outright. :D

I heard that New Orleans wanted to cancel school period the next day.

Bus drivers everywhere else seem to manage it just fine every year.

Except in years where a Philly, LA, or Detroit team wins...the buses are usually turned over and on fire by the next morning.

The game's gotta be over by 10:30 or 11 EST at the latest... that's 9:30 or 10 in New Orleans and God knows what time in Indiana, unless they've become normal and joined a time zone instead of jumping back and forth... but the point remains that it's pretty reasonable to be up to 11, celebrate, go to bed, wake up at 5 and drive a bus or otherwise make the donuts.

Where this is the 1st appearance for once downtrodden franchise whose city was virtually destroyed not long ago i wouldn't be surprised, but Indy has been there and this is just lame! What a bunch of ****ies!!

I hadn't realized Colt fans had formal education. Interesting.

Where this is the 1st appearance for once downtrodden franchise whose city was virtually destroyed not long ago i wouldn't be surprised, but Indy has been there and this is just lame! What a bunch of ****ies!!

Well, maybe not. Maybe they learned something from the last time they were there and are planning ahead.

I don't see this is all that big a deal. Personally I think the Monday after the SB should be a holiday. The SB has become as big a staple of Americana as Apple Pie. More People watch the SB than any other event. Kids are kept up late to watch the game (granted it ends around 9-10 and that isn't that late for most kids). Parties all over the place. Why not make it an official holiday when more people probably celebrate the SB than Presidents day or Labor Day and kids get a week off school for presedents day and people wouldn't care about Labor day except that it is percieved as the last weekend of the summer.

PS: I took the day off after each of our SBs this decade and two days off to recover from the Giants debacle. And I don't even drink granted I was there.

Last edited:
I don't see this is all that big a deal. Personally I think the Monday after the SB should be a holiday. The SB has become as big a staple of Americana as Apple Pie. More People watch the SB than any other event. Kids are kept up late to watch the game (granted it ends around 9-10 and that isn't that late for most kids). Parties all over the place. Why not make it an official holiday when more people probably celebrate the SB than Presidents day or Labor Day and kids get a week off school for presedents day and people wouldn't care about Labor day except that it is percieved as the last weekend of the summer.

PS: I took the day off after each of our SBs this decade and two days off to recover from the Giants debacle. And I don't even drink granted I was there.

I agree, but believe it or not, a lot of Americans could care less and laugh at the idea of a national holiday. On that topic, I heard on NFL Sirius radio mention that if the NFL does expand the season to 17 games and a little tweaking that the possibility of the SB falling on the Sunday before President's Day wouldn't be a coincidence.

Last edited:
All I know is that I sold beer and hot dogs at super bowl XLI, and we didn't get done with inventory until about 1 AM, and then it took another 45 minutes to get from the ghetto[miami gardens] back to my house.

And I was at work at 8 the next morning.

Get over yourselves Indy.

I'm am going into work late the next day. Of course I am living in Europe where they put the game on in the middle of the damn night. But I have my priorities in order. Football, everything else, then work.

It's no wonder why Indiana public schools are ranked tied at #27. Making decisions like this. I guess the morons, I mean Hoosiers have been complaining about this, they decided to change it from two hours to a one hour delay.

I'm guessing there are problems like this in many cities that go to the Super Bowl - in both the public and private sector. Simply tell the employees upfront that they can't call in sick without a doctor's note that day due to too many people abusing the sick day benefit previously, or they will be suspended without pay. If you let them know ahead of time it won't be tolerated, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back