PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks could quite possibly make the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why all the hate for the Seahawks?

what hate?

The threads we have had on playoff seeding have generally all reached the consensus that Seatlle deserves to be where they are right now.

Just curious, but why all the hate for the Seahawks? They happen to be my favorite NFC team and I just want to know. If it's because Pete Carroll is their coach and because he didn't do much in NE, get over it. It was over a decade ago.

They're just a really bad team. Kudos for beating a depleted Saints team, but one win doesn't justify anything. Even Cleveland beat us. Does that mean they deserve a play-off spot?

Some teams finish with a poor record because they play in a tough division or their schedule had them play some of the power divisions. The Seahawks just sucked. They didn't even get hot down the stretch, going 2-3 in their past 5 games but somehow still winning the worst division in football and being guaranteed a home playoff game.

I don't remember Marshawn Lynch running that hard in BUF.

All it's going to take is Lynch having another huge day, plus a crucial Cutler turnover or two (pretty much a given), and SEA could come out of Chicago with another W.

Seems like a lot of people around here were ignoring BB's "0-0" playoff mantra when the glibly wrote the Seahawks off vs. the Saints. (Not to mention ignoring what 2001 should have taught everybody).

I think people are writing off the Falcons a bit fast. I didn't think the Eagles would give the Pack much of a challenge, but the Falcons are a different story. If the Packers beat Atlanta in the ATL, I will be shocked.

Agreed. Falcons are a very, very good team. Well coached. Disciplined. Good Qb who has playoff experience. Solid talent on both sides of the ball.

Since the Pats game, GB has been also playing very well (your could say that they played great vs the Pats). They smoked the G-men and played a grinder vs CHI. They are playing hard right now.

Both teams are 3-3 vs playoff teams.

I don't know who will win yet. I think it'll be close. Real close.

You deserve at least one home game in the playoffs if you win the division. This is the rule. The Seahawks deserve to be in the playoffs. Quit whining.

Just curious, but why all the hate for the Seahawks? They happen to be my favorite NFC team and I just want to know. If it's because Pete Carroll is their coach and because he didn't do much in NE, get over it. It was over a decade ago.

I don't hate the Seahawks, (though I don't care for Matt Hasselbeck) but I just can't root for 7-9. Just can't do it. It's strange because I usually like to root for underdogs. The Cards in '08 were underdogs. I saw them as "good enough to win even if they weren't in the best division". I see the Seahawks as "bad team that just happened to play in a division with three other bad teams that in any other year would have no business being anywhere near the playoffs."

You deserve at least one home game in the playoffs if you win the division. This is the rule. The Seahawks deserve to be in the playoffs. Quit whining.

Normally, I'd agree. The entire NFC West was just an extreme case of ineptitude.

Watching Hasslebeck in the 4th qtr totally collapse after playing like Montana all game was comedy, he's done that before. Watching them grind out the playoffs will be fun to say the least.

Go Seahawks!!!

Last edited:
I don't hate the Seahawks, (though I don't care for Matt Hasselbeck) but I just can't root for 7-9. Just can't do it. It's strange because I usually like to root for underdogs. The Cards in '08 were underdogs. I saw them as "good enough to win even if they weren't in the best division". I see the Seahawks as "bad team that just happened to play in a division with three other bad teams that in any other year would have no business being anywhere near the playoffs."

This isn't aimed at you specifically, but it's the thought that the Seahawks aren't good enough to be "likeable" underdogs that pisses me off. Seriously. What exactly are the "qualifications" to be an underdog? Being 7-9 and facing the defending world champs in the first game is about as underdog as it's gonna get, and people just wanna see Seattle go away. It just irritates me because their city in regards to sports has had little to no success outside of their WNBA team's recent title and the Sonics of the 70s and people want them to have nothing. Christ, most of you guys saw how hard these guys played and how hard their fans cheered when we played them in 2008 and just yesterday. And as much crap as SOME (not all) of you guys give them, their fans sure as hell cheer louder then Pats fans. And that's not a slight, it's the truth.

Last edited:
Normally, I'd agree. The entire NFC West was just an extreme case of ineptitude.

I'd agree. I hate to sound like a Belichick fan-boy, but the postseason really is like a new season (in any sport, but especially in a one-game elimination). You're 0-0 and anything can happen.

Amen brother.

This isn't aimed at you specifically, but it's the thought that the Seahawks aren't good enough to be "likeable" underdogs that pisses me off. Seriously. What exactly are the "qualifications" to be an underdog. Being 7-9 and facing the defending world champs in the first game is about as underdog as it's gonna get, and people just wanna see Seattle go away. It just irritates me because their city in regards to sports has had little to no success outside of their WNBA team's recent title and the Sonics of the 70s and people want them to have nothing. Christ, most of you guys saw how hard these guys played and how hard their fans cheered when we played them in 2008 and just yesterday. And as much crap as SOME (not all) of you guys give them, their fans sure as hell cheer louder then Pats fans. And that's not a slight, it's the truth.

Well they got screwed on the Sonics leaving town, no doubt about that.

It's nothing personal against Seattle. I'd feel the same way about St. Louis at 8-8. It was just an awful division. They went 13-27 against the rest of the NFL, with all 4 teams being outscored by a significant margin. To me, they don't feel like an underdog so much as an aristocrat, guaranteed a play-off spot and home game regardless of merit.

I think people are writing off the Falcons a bit fast. I didn't think the Eagles would give the Pack much of a challenge, but the Falcons are a different story. If the Packers beat Atlanta in the ATL, I will be shocked.

I really see ATL representing the NFC in the Superbowl. Their defense is underrated and the have the ability to close teams out.

The only way I want to see the seahags make the super bowl is if they're playing the patriots. Living in Washington, it's personal. For a single day I would get to relive that us against the world mentality of 2007. Embrace the hate. Their fans are awful. Many of them were even rooting for them to LOSE to the rams to get a better draft pick. Since there has been mention that Cutler could throw this game away, it should also be mentioned that the seahags are one peppers play away from seeing clipboard jesus behind center. In fact it might not even take a solid defensive play, did anybody see how Hasselbeck got hurt last? He walked into the end zone untouched....

I don't hate the Seahawks, (though I don't care for Matt Hasselbeck) but I just can't root for 7-9.
Exactly how I feel.

I don't care for Hasselbeck either, but when he plays like he did Saturday against a team that blew us out in 09 it's hard not to like it.

clarification edit: I actually don't mind the Saints one bit. I just can live with not seeing them again.

Last edited:
I absolutely hope the Seahawks win the NFC....they made me $390 yesterday as I bet on them. I don't know that I will bet on them again....but I am rooting for them unless it's against the Pats.

I absolutely hope the Seahawks win the NFC....they made me $390 yesterday as I bet on them. I don't know that I will bet on them again....but I am rooting for them unless it's against the Pats.

You're in second place then. DOGWARZ made $35K on that game. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing