PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Scripted finish to the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fair catch fryar

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All in fun, but if you could script the ending of the Superbowl this Sunday how would you do it?

Mine would be a game where the Colts lead for almost the entire thing only to see the Saints come back and appear not to convert a crucial 4th down, but have a PI call made in their favor and see the Saints score to win in the final minute.

Poetic justice.

Re: Scripted finish to the SB?

I thought i was gonna have a sweet response to this but your script seems even better than what i was thinking. In the end no matter how it happens I want another priceless moment of manning ripping of his mouthpiece in disgust.

Have a Colts CB get called for face-guarding allowing the Saints to win and then have the NFL write them an apology.

Saints up 35-31 with 30 seconds left. Colts have it at the Saints 15 when Archie Manning comes out and smacks Peyton in the head with a chair and Jim Ross scream "MY GOD, MY GOD."

How about Saints up 35-31 in the 4th, 40 seconds left, with Colts driving for the winning TD. Randall "Blue" Gay, whose been torched by Manning all day looks like he's going to get burned again when the ball miraculously bounces off of Austin Collie into Gay's hands and he streaks down the sideline to score the decisive "dagger in the heart" TD. Manning forgets who he's playing and walks off the field, helmet still on, muttering, "!@#@! Patriots."

;)

All in fun, but if you could script the ending of the Superbowl this Sunday how would you do it?

Mine would be a game where the Colts lead for almost the entire thing only to see the Saints come back and appear not to convert a crucial 4th down, but have a PI call made in their favor and see the Saints score to win in the final minute.

Poetic justice.

Peyton Manning throws a late game pick-6 to give the Saints the lead. Out of grief, he takes his own life. Out of sadness, Archie Manning commits a murder-suicide of Eli and himself. The entire state of Indiana goes crazy and they all kill each other.

The end.

Last edited:

How do you like this one?

Colts down 21-13.

3 minutes left in the game.

Manning is driving his team down the field to potentially tie the game.

But he throws his 4th INT (his first three were all returned for TDs) and the game is over.

Saints are Super Bowl champions!

A miracle catch by Devry Henderson leads the Saints down the field to take the lead with 12 seconds left. Manning gets sacked to end the game.

I want to see the Manning look. It's been a while since we saw it.

Peyton Manning throws a late game pick-6 to give the Saints the lead. Out of grief, he takes his own life. Out of sadness, Archie Manning commits a murder-suicide of Eli and himself. The entire state of Indiana goes crazy and they all kill each other.

The end.

ummmm....this

any scenario where the colts lose. i wouldn't mind a couple of bernard pollard type dives at manning during the game either. maybe a favre type lump on his ankle,nothing too serious, though.

The end.

Anger runs deep in this one.;)

Colts down by 6, 2:00 left on the clock. They get the ball at/around their own end zone.

Manning starts a drive, completing calm, cool, laser pass after calm, cool, laser pass. He chews up yardage. 15 yards, 8 yards, 20 yards. Completion, completion, completion.

The Colts get first and goal from the 5 with one timeout and 35 seconds remaining.

1st down (35s left): quick out pattern to Clark near the endzone. Clark catches it, but his sideways momentum and a closing defender put him out of bounds at the 2 yard line.

2nd down (28s): Play action pass, fade up the left sideline to Wayne. Good defense causes an incompletion.

3rd down (22s): Run up the gut for no gain, Colts call timeout.

4th down (12s): Colts line up with 5-wide personnel, but in a power-I formation. Manning goes through his gyrations. Hard count. Some defenders twitch, but don't bite. At the same moment, Manning drops from under center to shotgun and the Colts move to a 4-wide formation with Addai as the lone back next to Manning. Seconds tick off the play clock. Manning hikes the ball. Nobody's open. He pump fakes once. Nothing's there. He pumps again. Nothing's there. Receivers are scrambling around in the end zone, but to no avail. There's only 3 rushers. Manning escapes pressure to his left as the pocket collapses. He pulls the ball down and heads towards the goal line. Vilma pulls out of coverage, drawing a bead on Manning. A vicious head-to-head collision happens at the 1 yard line, driving Manning backwards and into the turf. The crowd goes wild. Bourbon street erupts into euphoria.

Underneath the score, CBS puts up the "Penalty" indicator. Everyone not in Indianapolis groans with morbid anticipation.

"Roughing the passer, 51, defense. 15 yard penalty and automatic first down. The ball will be placed on the one yard line. Due to the rule that the game cannot end on a defensive penalty, the Colts will have one more play."

The announcers immediately start to downplay the call. "I don't know if I see what he saw, but that certainly was a vicious hit". "Well, you normally don't see that kind of call on that kind of play, but Vilma can't be allowed to do that."

Manning is slow to get up. Medical personnel start to come onto the field, but Manning waves them off. He knows if he takes an injury, he won't be able to play the final down. He stand up and wobbles to the huddle under the support of his teammates.

The Colts huddle up as Caldwell sends in the play over the headset. Manning gives a visible thumbs-up to the sideline. The announcers immediately start gushing about Manning. Of course they mention the only tougher guy in football is BrettFavre. They also mention how Favre is probably riding a tractor right now.

The Colts line up in 5-wide. Manning doesn't bother with the normal gyrations. You can tell he is a wounded animal. Manning assesses the defense. Gives Reggie Wayne a look. The ball is snapped. Manning stands in, and fires a bullet to Wayne. Greer, seeing the previous interaction, jumps the route and picks off the ball. He falls to the ground securing possession and a Saints victory.

Colts down by 6, 2:00 left on the clock. They get the ball at/around their own end zone.

Manning starts a drive, completing calm, cool, laser pass after calm, cool, laser pass. He chews up yardage. 15 yards, 8 yards, 20 yards. Completion, completion, completion.

The Colts get first and goal from the 5 with one timeout and 35 seconds remaining.

1st down (35s left): quick out pattern to Clark near the endzone. Clark catches it, but his sideways momentum and a closing defender put him out of bounds at the 2 yard line.

2nd down (28s): Play action pass, fade up the left sideline to Wayne. Good defense causes an incompletion.

3rd down (22s): Run up the gut for no gain, Colts call timeout.

4th down (12s): Colts line up with 5-wide personnel, but in a power-I formation. Manning goes through his gyrations. Hard count. Some defenders twitch, but don't bite. At the same moment, Manning drops from under center to shotgun and the Colts move to a 4-wide formation with Addai as the lone back next to Manning. Seconds tick off the play clock. Manning hikes the ball. Nobody's open. He pump fakes once. Nothing's there. He pumps again. Nothing's there. Receivers are scrambling around in the end zone, but to no avail. There's only 3 rushers. Manning escapes pressure to his left as the pocket collapses. He pulls the ball down and heads towards the goal line. Vilma pulls out of coverage, drawing a bead on Manning. A vicious head-to-head collision happens at the 1 yard line, driving Manning backwards and into the turf. The crowd goes wild. Bourbon street erupts into euphoria.

Underneath the score, CBS puts up the "Penalty" indicator. Everyone not in Indianapolis groans with morbid anticipation.

"Roughing the passer, 51, defense. 15 yard penalty and automatic first down. The ball will be placed on the one yard line. Due to the rule that the game cannot end on a defensive penalty, the Colts will have one more play."

The announcers immediately start to downplay the call. "I don't know if I see what he saw, but that certainly was a vicious hit". "Well, you normally don't see that kind of call on that kind of play, but Vilma can't be allowed to do that."

Manning is slow to get up. Medical personnel start to come onto the field, but Manning waves them off. He knows if he takes an injury, he won't be able to play the final down. He stand up and wobbles to the huddle under the support of his teammates.

The Colts huddle up as Caldwell sends in the play over the headset. Manning gives a visible thumbs-up to the sideline. The announcers immediately start gushing about Manning. Of course they mention the only tougher guy in football is BrettFavre. They also mention how Favre is probably riding a tractor right now.

The Colts line up in 5-wide. Manning doesn't bother with the normal gyrations. You can tell he is a wounded animal. Manning assesses the defense. Gives Reggie Wayne a look. The ball is snapped. Manning stands in, and fires a bullet to Wayne. Greer, seeing the previous interaction, jumps the route and picks off the ball. He falls to the ground securing possession and a Saints victory.

Sweet. You've done this before haven't you?

Stover gets hurt on the opening kick off. Vinatieri kicks the rest of the game. He's money the whole game, but the Saints are still up by 2 with a minute left. Colts have the ball and Peyton drives the Colts down to the Saints 25 yd line before stopping the clock with two seconds left. The most clutch kicker in NFL post season history shanks it. His only miss of the day. Saints win.

Saints win 65-0, Peyton Manning retires, then the NFL announces new evidence has emerged proving that the 72' Dolphins and 07' Jets illegally taped defensive signals.

Last edited:

Field soaked and waterlogged from the hurricane force winds and torrential rain, Drew Brees hands off to Thomas for a 1yd TD run. Saints win 7-0.
Winds and rain keep total passings yards for both teams below 50 and weather exposes the Colt's lack of a running game at long last.
After not playing a game in bad weather all year, Miami in February does them in. Piolian is already screaming as the clock expires that the competition committee has just met and decreed that in the future no Superbowl should ever be played outside of the warm comfort of the beloved Indianapolis dome.

either one is fine with me.

Attachments

• manningbodylanguage_feature.jpg
    manningbodylanguage_feature.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1194227132_4172.jpg
    1194227132_4172.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 139

First Superbowl to go into OT. Saints win the toss and score on a 35 yrd FG. Colts never get the ball. Polian finally complains to the committee and they change the OT ruling next year. That is the best scenario

My ideal finish is Brees taking a knee to seal a decisive victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes