PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Schefter on Twitter says Dallas' K Nick Folk cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Sheftner on Tweeter says Dallas' K Nick Folk cut

I don't get NFL Network so I didn't catch any of the game. I just checked the box score and Folk was 1/2 on FG and 3/3 on extra points. Why was he cut? I must surely be missing something.

Folk has been struggling in recent weeks - he made his 1st FG(a 44 yarder) right down the pipe before the 1st half. But missed an easy chip shot with 2 minutes left, which would have iced the game.

Actually - sorry about the typo, he LOST his JOB(i.e. he was BENCHED), that's what I meant to say. BIG difference b/w getting cut and losing your job.

Folk has been struggling in recent weeks - he made his 1st FG(a 44 yarder) right down the pipe before the 1st half. But missed an easy chip shot with 2 minutes left, which would have iced the game.

Actually - sorry about the typo, he LOST his JOB(i.e. he was BENCHED), that's what I meant to say. BIG difference b/w getting cut and losing your job.

But given that most teams only carry one kicker anyways, it's usually one and the same for them.

Last edited:

But given that most teams only carry one kicker anyways, it's usually one and the same for them.

David Bueller has been handling kickoffs for us(rookie 5th rounder) - we're one of few teams that have 2 kickers on our roster.

David Bueller has been handling kickoffs for us(rookie 5th rounder) - we're one of few teams that have 2 kickers on our roster.

I know, but at this point his job (not necessarily his career just yet, since he might get a second chance somewhere) is pretty much on life support.

Agree, this thread should go to the forum on other teams.

That said, I watched the game and when the kicker missed that last FG, I screamed that he needs to be cut immediately! so, if the news is true, I will be happy! :D

Are you sure that Romo guy didn't fumble the snap again?

I guess this is important, because it comes under the category of Folklore :groan:

Anyone see his warm up kicks they shown during the game? He missed.....alot. Dude needs to get his head straight.

Anyone see his warm up kicks they shown during the game? He missed.....alot. Dude needs to get his head straight.

Maybe Jerry can invest in a sports shrink to work with the kickers.

S***. I forgot about that. :( :mad:

At this point, I pray to God 2010 is uncapped, if for no other reason than to insure that both Gostkowski and Mankins will have high price tags.

Unless the NFL and NFLPA pull off some miracle negotiations, I believe that 2010 is uncapped.

Maybe we can trade Gost for Spencer? We don't kick FGs anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back