PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Schefter: 5 deals that make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
That deal makes no sense at all. he'd be a part time player in our system where LB'ers need to have cover skills when on the outside. A 2nd round pick for a part time player ... I think not.

Who needs the juice.

honestly, if meriman was the same player that he was b4 roids, i might do it just for his pass rushing skills

but hes never been the same player....so no

Lets tade the Radiers #1 for Adrian Peterson. That would make the run game go and they would stop blizing Brady:)

Has Merriman even been productive after his knee injury?

Seems like he's been average since he came back from the knee injury and stopped taking roids...

BINGO! You said it. Since the magic pills went away, Merriman's lights have been out. He has been no body. He plays in a simplified one gap system. He can't handle the complexities of ours. Also, San Diego's D isn't too hot right now. He can't set edge, and they are getting run on every which way. No thanks.

Hello McFly, we have Burgess. Our pass rush is just fine thank you.

It would seem that adding an "average" player like Merriman would have improved the team.

Hello McFly, we have Burgess. Our pass rush is just fine thank you.

Merriman?
"Lights Out" dance Merriman?
oh please, stop.

Why don't we get both him AND Ray Lewis.
We could have a crazy dance party every sunday.

Last edited:
It seems to me we have a pretty good track record taking in players who the Chargers thought were washed up.

That being said I think I'd pass.

Rumor has it the Raiders are considering a fire sale and everyone is "for sale"

Perhaps we can get that guy Seymour for a third round pick?

Last edited:
It would seem that adding an "average" player like Merriman would have improved the team.

Merriman is on the decline, maybe next year he will be fully healthy. I was just venting, the more I think about it the more upset I am about the crappy OLB/DEs the Patriots have. But I digress..

Any proven pass rusher would be better than what we have now. How about Ware for a first this year and the raiders first next year.

And BB's track record for finding OLB's that can rush the passer via the draft is weak.

Last edited:
As far as improving the pass rush goes, it doesn't matter if we get the second coming of Lawrence Taylor - if the play call on defense is to drop the OLB into pass coverage, then the team isn't going to get pressureon the opposing QB.

Why would the Pats give up a second for Merriman? The guy is 10 games away from free agency with a big rift between him and managment. He hasn't been all that good sinc ethe season he was busted with steriods and coming off a major injury in which if he ever returns to previous glory may not be until next year. Offer a conditional 5th that can go higher or forget it.

I'm sick of speculating things... ACTION people... I need ACTION!

No suprise here. I mean, you ARE in the military. ;)

Anyway, I don't want to see Merriman rock a Flying Elvis. Too much of a head case, not too good of a football player, overpriced, injury prone, and coming up on a new contract in which he will most definitely seek more than he is worth. No, no, no, no, no.

Here's a more "outside" thought on a guy: OLB Kamerion Wimbley [Browns]

On a completely horrible team, he has 4 sacks and 32 tackles - 26 years old and probably has an idea of system already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye