PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Saturday Night Football - Cowboys @ Saints game discussion [NFL Network]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest - I'm not holding my breath - last year around this time, remember when our locker room turmoil leaked out(i.e. TO being jealous of Witten b/c he was supposedly meeting in secret with Romo designing plays), and everyone started buzzing about another Dec meltdown. What happened subsequently after? We responded by smacking the Giants on SNF, sacked Eli 8 times, Romo had a great game, and our 4th round rookie RB carried the load with success. Everyone thought we turned the corner then - what happened subsequently after? We got smacked by the Ravens and the Eagles(the same 2 teams that made their respective conference championship games and lost).

Thanks for the congrats - but again, this has been typical since 2003 - the minute our coaches and players get on the hot seat in Dec, they somehow pull a rabbit out of their hat(this reminds me of that 2005 performance @Carolina when Ware had his first monster game of his career - Carolina, of course, went on to the NFC Championship game), only to backslide the rest of the way. And we DO have to play the Skins and Eagles in the coming weeks.(Both are playing great football)

Sort of see what you're saying, but towards the end of last year the Giants were clearly not a great team. The Saints were undefeated and in my mind still the favorites to win it all, even though if Indy wins most will look at them as the team to beat now. But this win is much bigger IMO. I never really could understand the Cowboys' struggles aside from perhaps Phillips... they've got one of the best pass rushers in th league, great front 7, and can run the ball with the best of them. All the things you look for in a contender. Let's see if they can finally put it together

I know it's probably against the CW, but if I'm the Saints, I'm breathing a sigh of relief this morning. IMHO, the odds on the Saints going to the SB and winning it if they face anyone but the Pats just went through the roof.

TinfoilHat.jpg

That cat looks like it knows better!

Do you think it's just coincidence, that when the league re-aligned, the Colts were moved from the AFC East, to the AFC South, with two expansion teams and the re-located Oilers ? How does a team in a state bordering Canada, get into the AFC South ?

That move is responsible for half of the Colts wins, since they have owned that division since day one.

Bill Polian weaves a tangled web indeed.

My God, you know what, you're absolutely right!!!! After all the AFC North has such northern teams as Buffalo, NE, NY and Miami.

Wait...Miami?

Get off the conspiracy theories morons. They make you look like complete doofuses.

Every sport has examples of teams that are either misaligned in conferences or divisions. It doesn't mean the powers that be are hard at work.

With some of the amazing theories that get spouted around here, I don't know if it's more funny or more sad.

The Pats dominate their division against such powerhouse teams as the Bills, Dolphins and Jets, with one team completely misaligned geographically and everything is on the up and up.

The Colts dominate their division against a bunch of similarly historically inept teams, with one geographically misaligned team, and it's a conspiracy.

Get a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back