PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Saints / Falcons trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see it mentioned, but the Saints and Falcons pulled on an extremely rare Player for Player deal.

To the Falcons:
LT- Wayne Gandy

To the Saints:
S- Bryan Scott

At first, I thought this would solidiy the Saints taking D'Brickashaw with the #2 pick. However, I think that they may be looking to trade down and grab some extra picks. It also may keep Houston from trading down and still grabbing D'brickashaw like some places have predicted they would do.

The draft intrigue is definitely going to heat up :>

DaBruinz said:
I didn't see it mentioned, but the Saints and Falcons pulled on an extremely rare Player for Player deal.

To the Falcons:
LT- Wayne Gandy

To the Saints:
S- Bryan Scott

At first, I thought this would solidiy the Saints taking D'Brickashaw with the #2 pick. However, I think that they may be looking to trade down and grab some extra picks. It also may keep Houston from trading down and still grabbing D'brickashaw like some places have predicted they would do.

Yeah just by it being within the same division gets me.

re

DaBruinz said:

This year's draft, especially the top 10, will be EXTREMELY interesting. Some possible scenarios:
1. The Saints discover the Jets would like to pick a QB in front of the Titans. Result: Saints #2 and Jets #4 swap with additional picks.
2. The Texans decide they want to move down and fix their blocking with LT Ferguson (or even LT Justice), so they trade out of #1 for more picks, and a team currently in #5-15 moves up to take Reggie Bush.
4. If the Jets move up and take Leinert, the Titans could actually trade DOWN, gain a few picks, and take Cutler later.
5. Mario Williams could go anywhere from #2 to #6.

There are so many teams picking in the top 10 with the same team needs. Some really weird things could end up happening, and some star players could end up falling for no reason except for draft trading and oddities.

Can't wait for day 1 of the draft....... This should be interesting. Definately see a really, really good football player failing to us much like big Vince Wilfork 2004.

DaBruinz said:

To the Falcons:
LT- Wayne Gandy

To the Saints:
S- Bryan Scott

Lee Hamilton on his nationally syndicated radio show yesterday indicated that another trade may be in the works where the Saints and Jets would swap first rounders (nos. 2 and 4, respectively, with additional picks involved) so that the Jets could draft Leinert and the Saints could select Ferguson. This scenario makes sense especially since the Saints dealt Gandy. Interesting also that the Saints and Falcons made a trade within their division, something you rarely see in the NFL.

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
Lee Hamilton on his nationally syndicated radio show yesterday indicated that another trade may be in the works where the Saints and Jets would swap first rounders (nos. 2 and 4, respectively, with additional picks involved) so that the Jets could draft Leinert and the Saints could select Ferguson. This scenario makes sense especially since the Saints dealt Gandy. Interesting also that the Saints and Falcons made a trade within their division, something you rarely see in the NFL.

If the Jets are smart they will not make the trade until the Saints are "on the clock" leaving Tennessee without any recourse to stop them from taking Lienart. Of course, if I'm the Saints I'm calling Tennesse and seeing what they want.

Honestly, I think that the Titans want D'Brickashaw. They let go of Hopkins and don't have a LT right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if any one of the top 3 teams took D'Brickashaw.

I don't think it was a 1 for 1. The Falcons were also supposed to get an undisclosed draft pick in this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back