Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Lost to Tampa at home after having a 17-0 lead

On any given Sunday
The NFL is a copycat league
Tampa Bay wanted the game more

They do have 13 wins including a selacking of the Patriots. I don't know if I would go as far as to say they are frauds. They might have peaked too early though.

It does take all the hype off the Cowboys win last week that the media have been going on and on about.

If they're a fraud, what are we? We got whalloped by them guys. I know they were probably up for the game, but still. They smashed us to pieces.

If a miracle happened and we made it to the SB - New Orleans is about the only NFC I would fear facing,Otherwise the other NFC teams we have a shot.

If they're a fraud, what are we? We got whalloped by them guys. I know they were probably up for the game, but still. They smashed us to pieces.

Don't forget some of the leads we gave up either...

The Saints were fortunate to remain unbeaten as long as they did. They came close to losing several games, like Miami, Atlanta (twice), Washington, and St. Louis.

They're a very good NFL team. They have found ways to win a lot of games. I don't see how they're a fraud, unless you bought the hype on them being a dominant undefeated team that would run the table easily.

The Saints aren't frauds, but they may have peaked too soon. It's really hard to start out 13-0 and win all the way to the Super Bowl. The Saints best game of the season was the Monday Night game against the Pats. They came out on fire against New England week 12 and showed the world that they were for real. Since then they've squeeked by Washington in overtime in a game they should have lost, barely beat a banged up Atlanta team 26-23, and lost to Dallas and Tampa Bay. The Saints are 2-2 since they played the Pats, while the Pats are 3-1. Next week they play a very physical 7-8 New Orleans team that ran for 180+ yards against them and led 17-3 late in the first half. Not a gimme by any means.

Sean Payton has his work cut out getting the Saints back on track for the playoffs. The good news is that Minnesota has struggled as well. The bad news is that the NFC East teams are capable of upsetting either the Saints or the Vikings.

As an aside, the AFC East and NFC South played each other this year, so the Pats and Saints will each have had 9 games against common opponents out of 16 total. So far the comparison shows the following:

1. Jets - Saints went 1-0, Pats 1-1
2. Dolphins - Saints went 1-0, Pats 1-1
3. Buffalo - Pats went 2-0, Saints 1-0
4. Tampa Bay - Pats went 1-0, Saints 1-1
5. Atlanta - Pats went 1-0, Saints 2-0 (two close games)
6. Panthers - Pats went 1-0, Saints are 1-0 so far with one game to play

So the Pats have gone 7-2 against common opponents. The Saints are 7-1 with one to play.

ok maybe calling them a fraud is not fair but they have not played real well the last 5 weeks outside of the Pats game. They should have lost to the skins, and barley beat the Rams and the Falcons without Ryan, and now two home losses in a row.

If a miracle happened and we made it to the SB - New Orleans is about the only NFC I would fear facing,Otherwise the other NFC teams we have a shot.

I would say both the Saints and Vikings peaked too early. The two best teams in the NFC right now are the Eagles and the Cardinals. I actually think the Eagles could take Indy right now, they are that good.

Guys, don't you remember? They won their SB like the Jets when they beat us. They had City Hall closed beacuse we can to town. Name another team they would do that for?
Not saying they are not good; but they are no gimme now for the SB.

Funny how teams get UP when they play us. We are still the measuring stick.

All this illustrates to me is how ******* good the 2007 Patriots were and how badly we choked in SB42.

I still can't get over the hurt of losing to a Manning in the Superbowl... even though I want too.

I don't know if the Saints are a fraud, but Brees is a very fine QB who has yet to show he can deliver in December and January. He finished 1--2 last year and that's the best he can hope for this year.

Agree with those who think they are not frauds, but they peaked way too early. Wasn't that hard to see that coming and they are untested in December and January.

My new team that I think has huge SB momentum is San Diego. I don't think the NFC wins the SB this year.

Not that past performance guarantees future results, but it's not good news for the Saints or Packers that no team has ever lost to the Bucs and then gone on to win the Super Bowl that same season.

Don't forget some of the leads we gave up either...

The Saints were fortunate to remain unbeaten as long as they did. They came close to losing several games, like Miami, Atlanta (twice), Washington, and St. Louis.

They're a very good NFL team. They have found ways to win a lot of games. I don't see how they're a fraud, unless you bought the hype on them being a dominant undefeated team that would run the table easily.
Pretty much sums up what I was going to post. They have played like crap a few times against bad teams, but they're just soo talentede.

Agree with those who think they are not frauds, but they peaked way too early. Wasn't that hard to see that coming and they are untested in December and January.

My new team that I think has huge SB momentum is San Diego. I don't think the NFC wins the SB this year.

Don Banks from CNNSI had this to say: "New Orleans' shocking overtime loss at home to Tampa Bay only confirms the sneaking suspicion I've had for about four weeks now. Namely that Sean Payton's once-invincible Saints played and won their Super Bowl when they turned in that near-perfect performance in trouncing the Patriots on the Monday night of Week 12.
Since then? Struggles to win at Washington and Atlanta, and a pair of home losses to Dallas and, gulp, the 3-12 Bucs. Blowing a 17-0 lead at home against Tampa Bay is a loss that should set off every possible alarm bell in New Orleans. The Saints could have squeaked by once again if they had made a late field goal in regulation -- how's that Garrett Hartley-for-John Carney call looking now, Coach Payton? -- but even allowing the Bucs to hang around this game is an indication that New Orleans is rapidly losing air from its balloon. There's still time for New Orleans to recover some of its mojo, and either a win at Carolina next week or one more Vikings' loss will deliver the NFC homefield advantage the Saints looked destined to earn all season. But New Orleans is showing all the signs of a team that has already played its best football of the season, and it makes putting on a good performance next week against the resurgent Panthers a must for the Saints' sense of confidence as they head into the playoffs."

Who wants to win the NFC and more Snap Judgments - Don Banks - SI.com

I agree, right now the Chargers look like the best team in football. Scary thought. But over the past 10 weeks I don't think any team has really come close to San Diego in terms of consistency and explosiveness. Big time turnaround after the way they started the season.

Well, frauds or no frauds, they just clinched the NFC's #1 seed thanks to the Chicago Bears showing up to play for the first time in many moons.

In all fairness, the Saints have been banged up pretty in recent weeks. In the Dallas game, in particular, alot of key guys like Cedric Ellis, Reggie Bush, Jeremy Shockey, Jabari Greer, et al did not play. I know injuries are no excuse, but over the long haul, they've appeared to take its toll on them, and now are able to get some good rest and heal up before the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing