PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ryan fined for half-time at Patriots game thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate Rex Ryan, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. My seats are a section away from the visitor's tunnel (118) and I see players do FAR worse on a every game basis.

As much as I hate Rex Ryan, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. My seats are a section away from the visitor's tunnel (118) and I see players do FAR worse on a every game basis.

Pretty consistent with the way Goodell does business.

Yeah, I hate Rexy as much as anyone, but this is a little excessive. Of course, it's typical GOD-dell so it's not surprising.

Last edited:
I think when Rex did the middle finger deal at Miami it set off a watch on his behavior towards fans.

Fans and what they spend are what keeps these guys employed and the league intact..without fans there is nothing .

In regards to that you simply have to hide your emotions and ignore fan reaction which is part of the game...you can't disrespect fans by vocal and when you represent the shield,especially out loud and close up.

Unless a fan hits you with a beer bottle or such which would bring on an appropriate and just reaction,you should be fined

Simply take it like a man and ignore blowhards as a professional coach in today's sports leagues.

Just my opinion which apparently is in the minority.

Last edited:
When is this idiots term over anyways anyone know?

He's probably been on double secret probation since he flipped the bird to that guy in Miami and got fined $50k for doing it.

$100,000 seems excessive, but I guess you can't have Coaches telling fans to **** off.

It's awful tough for a commissioner to become the worst in North American sports when you consider the competition includes a guy who sabotaged his own sport through expansion and a season-crippling strike (Bettman/NHL), a goofball who made an exhibition game have championship implications (Selig/MLB), and a smug P.O.S. who's seen two work stoppages in 13 years (Stern/NBA). But Goodell managed to pull it off somehow. He's historically awful.

Seriously? 100 grand for a word? I'd understand he punched a fan but come on.

Should have had a 1st round draft selection taken away.....

That one was also excessive. Stuff like this and Ryan cursing happens all the time, but only seems to be fined if there is video proof. Imagine that, losing hundreds of thousands of dollars because someone managed to catch it with their camera.

I think in Adams' case the fine was proportionate with his income. Ryan was fined 50K for his bird flip, and it wasn't even on the job!

Pretty consistent with the way Goodell does business.

Yes - if you publicly embarrass Goodell expect an over-reaction and a fine.

That pretty much sums up Spygate as well - coaches today are still covering their mouths when calling in plays. Most fans are too stupid to comprehend why - but because stupid fans over-reacted to Spygate so too did Goodell, and he didn't care that the Patriots were slandered in the process.

Regardless - as far as this instance is concerned Goodell is wrong.

Wrecks Ryan is the perfect representative of the New York Jets and their fans and no NFL fan expects any differently from him.

Last edited:
Imagine...fined a MILLION dollars because a camera the team is allowed to use is in an area that is declared off limits, for whatever peculiar reason....but you're right, open profanity aimed at paying fans of the NFL. by one of the 32 elite representatives of the sport worldwide should be treated as "just gosh darnit good ol' boy fun...everybody does it"...maybe you should take YOUR kids to a Jets game along with your wife and get the in person experience of being cursed out in public by a famous sports personality...then you can tell your kids "see?...that's how you have good ol' fun and you act that way when YOU grow up"...that way we can all expect, in a generation, to be able to go to McDonald's an order a Big Mac, and the server will say "eff you, we got your money sucker, now GTF outta here"...yes, the world will be a better place....just let EVERYTHING go

There is some good news for Rex though.

CSS-CST-99_400_4.jpg

His new checks arrived this morning. :D

It's awful tough for a commissioner to become the worst in North American sports when you consider the competition includes a guy who sabotaged his own sport through expansion and a season-crippling strike (Bettman/NHL), a goofball who made an exhibition game have championship implications (Selig/MLB), and a smug P.O.S. who's seen two work stoppages in 13 years (Stern/NBA). But Goodell managed to pull it off somehow. He's historically awful.
Yeah, the NFL is really suffering under Goodell's watch. The league may fold within a few years. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the NFL is really suffering under Goodell's watch. The league may fold within a few years. :rolleyes:

None of the leagues are a real threat to fold, too popular. The NFL is the most fun league to watch but has the worst commish running it. Those are the facts. You can't seriously be happy with the job Goodell is doing, especially considering the guy he replaced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye