OT: Roof at Univ of Phoenix Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr.

Banned
Reaction score
Can/will it be closed?

Yes, it's retractable.

Typically, it's the home team's decision. Once the coin is flipped with the roof open, it has to stay open for the whole game. Not sure how this works for the super bowl.

I expect that since the game will carry over into night time it will be closed, but I'm not sure.

What did they do in Houston? That's retractable too, I think.

They closed it in Houston. I remember because I was pissed.

Yes, it's retractable.

Typically, it's the home team's decision. Once the coin is flipped with the roof open, it has to stay open for the whole game. Not sure how this works for the super bowl.

I expect that since the game will carry over into night time it will be closed, but I'm not sure.

What did they do in Houston? That's retractable too, I think.

Open roof, piped sound, blow snow and wind into it.......that's about what the Giants need to win.

38-14 Pats

I was at Houston and they closed it because it was expected to rain (which it did late). But there might be security issues of some sort (which I'm theorizing) with closing the roof as well for the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
I have zero information but it would be hard to see why they would close it in Arizona.

FWIW, I remember reading somewhere that they'll probably have it closed for the game but open for the halftime show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back