PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ronnie Brown 240# runs 40 in 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
drew4008 said:
You can think what you want on the topic, but I am just giving you the scouting report on each guy and Brown tops Maroney in just about every category. Now I never said Maroney would not be successful in the NFL, I just said Brown would be immensely successful, since RONNIE BROWN, not Maroney, was the subject of the post. Along the same lines... I don't know what this second gear garbage you're talking about is. But Ronnie Brown is faster than Maroney in a 40 yard sprint, and Brown probably takes a tad longer to get going because he's bigger, meaning his "second gear" is faster than Maroney's. There have been MANY instances where a back without the same atributes as another ends up having a more successful career, so we'll have to see how the two compare down the road.

"I don't know what this second gear garbage you're talking about is. But Ronnie Brown is faster than Maroney in a 40 yard sprint"

If you are basing your opinion on this part of the topic on a 40 yard dash time....you are sorely missing the point........I can give you several examples of guys that had tremendous 40 yard dash times but FAILED, or were average in the NFL (I'm sure there are several of you that could pull up stats on this one)............it is more about the WHEN and the HOW that second gear comes into play........it is instinctive.......watch the maroney video.....watch tons of tape on Portis,.....and you will see what that is,......he hits the hole......may burn it there or cut it and then burn it......these guys have that incredible burst.....Does Brown have that gear? Haven't really seen it....he is a great power back however........there is a reason Ronny started behind Cadillac.......you could see the differences last year...........

CC: Fin fan Edge

I am actually insulted that you would call somebody who disagrees with you a Fin fan.

I am a Patriots fan just as much as you are. Just because I believe in Ronnie Brown, who helped led Auburn to an undefeated season in 2004, doesn't make me a Dolphins fan.

EDIT: And I stick to my original point that R.Brown is going to explode next season. And that's from a Pats fan's perspective.

Last edited:
drew4008 said:
Maroney doesn't compare to Brown. Brown is faster and much stronger, can block better, can catch better. Ronnie Brown is going to tear this league apart. Too bad they have Culpepper, hahaha.

I find it funny that you're laughing. For the first time in 6 years we have a pro-bowl quarterback. I'm laughing too, at the fact that you guys still think you own this division.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
........... I'm laughing too, at the fact that you guys still think you own this division.

Last time I checked Patriots are still the AFCE champs. Am I wrong? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back