PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Roethlisberger gets 4 to 6 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most likely it will be 4

Since he's under a microscope it's unlikely he'll find himself in another bad situation

Most likely it will be 4

Since he's under a microscope it's unlikely he'll find himself in another bad situation

plus, the steelers have a bye in week five, so they start: Falcons, at Titans, at Bucs, Ravens, BYE, Browns, at Dolphins.

I figured as much. This is why the Commissioner decided he would handle it. Team could only suspend for 4 and they can't enforce the conditions. This also lines him up for anything from 8 to a year if he gets caught with his pants on the ground again...

I figured as much. This is why the Commissioner decided he would handle it. Team could only suspend for 4 and they can't enforce the conditions. This also lines him up for anything from 8 to a year if he gets caught with his pants on the ground again...

Which is going to happen. Big Ben has been doing this all through-out his life.. Definitely in college and he's continued to since he turned Pro..

Last edited:
Adam_Schefter

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

Buffalo could be that team.

Ben should be traded to an Arena team..

Which is going to happen. Big Ben has been doing this all through-out his life.. Definitely in college and he's continued to since he turned Pro..

He is a meathead. But I don't think he'll be repeating this behavior in the immediate future. Eventually, you betcha. But for now I think he's scared straight....

The one thing that might derail his suspension getting reduced or lead to it getting extended is if a LOT of other instances of this behavior start to surface. I think the league and the Rooney's already know there are at least a couple of more out there and maybe more than a couple. And they likely know he has a drinking problem (which is defined as being someone who allows drinking to adversely effect his life...). The Steelers likely haven't been thrilled with the weight and conditioning issues, the lack of studiousness, the resistance to coaching, the increasing durability and concussion concern - part of which is self inflicted. He was clearly on a similar attitude path as Favre, too much success too early coupled with that chip on their shoulder and they get hard to control (although as far as we know Favre's off field behavior never descended to this level).

The hardcore enabler Steeler fans are berserk. They were expecting nothing more than the 2 gamer at most given they're committed to the Ben didn't do nothin' guys all haven't contemplated rationale.... They are all painting all out war scenarios where the same union Ben didn't take along for his sit down with Roger will ride in to save the day. They don't understand that the only one who can file a grievance is Ben, and he's already signed off on this because he knows if he fights it it will raise the possibility that the Rooney's, who re-upped Lefty yesterday when they likely got the verdict, do decide to pull the trigger.

Ben should be traded to an Arena team..

No,He is more appropriate for this team.....

(160409011739)quellasporcaultimameta_3.jpg

Adam_Schefter

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

Buffalo could be that team.

if jimmy clausen, is still on the bord when the bills pick this could happen.

Good move by the Commish....Big Ben is starting to look like a Big Sexual Predator.....

Al is probably stroking out right now over trading us that #1 in 2011... Although the Steelers are in need of corners...

I found it interesting that Pitt has 5 national tv games -- but zero in their first six. Sensationalistic broadcasting or mere coincidence? :rolleyes:

The players really should look to taking away these powers from the Commissioner in the next CBA.

The players really should look to taking away these powers from the Commissioner in the next CBA.

More precisely, the Commissioner should lose either the right to hand out suspensions or the right to hear appeals; there's no valid reason for him to have both.

More precisely, the Commissioner should lose either the right to hand out suspensions or the right to hear appeals; there's no valid reason for him to have both.

Well, I'd go further than that, but that's one step in the right direction.

Things the NFLPA need to demand:

Arbitrator for ruling, Commissioner for appeals (or vice versa)
No punishment for conduct 'offenses' without a guilty verdict or plea deal
No suspensions for misdemeanors

Of course, in a perfect world, they'd demand Goodell's resignation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes